Where is this game going?

allow to have more chance is a bit different than being a must-have,
anyway i only answered about the tcgs fact just because they created the opposite situation and that made me smile somehow, i obviously understand what you meant.

I understand what you say that it's evolution, but hey, evolution wasn't so rough time ago, we passed from gameboy pocket to nintendo ds in one day, lol
(Dec. 24, 2011  6:13 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: allow to have more chance is a bit different than being a must-have,
anyway i only answered about the tcgs fact just because they created the opposite situation and that made me smile somehow, i obviously understand what you meant.

I understand what you say that it's evolution, but hey, evolution wasn't so rough time ago, we passed from gameboy pocket to nintendo ds in one day, lol

No, trust me,maybe i've explained bad my thought... but Wide Defense and Survivor were must have, Dragoon V2 was a must have and so on. There were components ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to be competitive!
The fact that i've named that components allow you to have more chance was referred to the fact that between the tons of must have, in Plastics you had the possibility to have more chance to choose your combo, respect to now that we have.. 20\25 different MWs on 120 releases,more or less?
Basalt, Vari, Blitz, Death, Duo, Scythe, and Phantom are currently the only mainstay competitive Metal Wheels. Beat, Lightning, Gravity, Libra, and Meteo are all second-rate.

Beyond those, there are no MWs worth using, really, and given how many MWs are out, it is kind of saddening... however, at least the number is currently going up, instead of down, since new releases are mostly worth using.
(Dec. 24, 2011  3:11 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: You haven't got the last releases? Can you be competitive? Time ago, you could. Now, you can't.
Skill difference really came in handy time ago when you had to face a combo which was advantaged against yours, now it will surely help, but difference between parts is huge at it will sound more like mission impossble than tough work.

QFT; my thoughts exactly. It's saddening.

I also agree with Hazel's point that "Beyond those [Basalt, Vari, Blitz, Death, Duo, Scythe, Phantom, Beat, Lightning, Gravity, Libra, and Meteo], there are no MWs worth using, really, and given how many MWs are out, it is kind of saddening..." How come TAKARA can't come up with more effective wheels? Plus the good ones (besides Scythe, Gravity, Meteo and a few others) don't even look that cool Unhappy

Funny thing is, if Hasbro released at the same time as Takara-Tomy, I and many others wouldn't be posting to complain at all XD
i'd like to say that lightning gravity libra and meteo are also risky, face a heavy weight attack custom and you're dead.
Use a bit of common sense on how to beat the other custom, and you've got it.
MF Vari CH120RF has a higher chance of KOing more than anything, and it moves fast and quick. If you were to use something such as MF MLD CH120XF, you'd have a better chance if you play it right, because it will most likely OS it. IF they get a flower pattern going, get MLD to hit Vari before the real pattern gets going to throw it off/weaken it. (if you've practiced enough, you'll know when something's going to flower or not)
Vs. MF-H Basalt BD145CS? OS it.
Really, whatever the custom is, you should have 3 main combos ready for a tourney- ATK, DEF, and STAM.
The rules go-
ATK>>STAM>>DEF>> repeat. That's how it's ALWAYS been. If you just follow this, you should have an easier time defeating whatever you're up against.
Skill WILL come in to play if it's something like ATK vs. ATk however. Then this chart doesn't add with your skill, it's just skill all the way.
(Dec. 25, 2011  1:13 AM)Yamislayer Wrote: i'd like to say that lightning gravity libra and meteo are also risky, face a heavy weight attack custom and you're dead.

That is why I said "second-rate", haha. They aren't worth using if your area's meta has the newer parts, because they will lead to crushing failure.
Yaaa, Galaxy is absolutely right "I agree on the last part,about the fact that you can be confident with old parts,but against good players with new components you will lose...but where is the news? It happens in all the games. Why now we don't accept it in Beyblade? "
Let us not forget that Takara is a toy company whose ultimate goal above all else is delivering new products that will sell to the masses, money being the keyword. If they stayed in the past then we would have lost interest and they wouldn't be selling anymore, it's just bad business practice.
I have no problem with "ultimate beyblades" because I now have a new challenge to try to beat it with whatever stupid combination I can find.
The only problem I am having with new beyblades is that they seem a bit less customizeable than they used to be Uncertain
(Dec. 24, 2011  11:03 PM)Hazel Wrote: Basalt, Vari, Blitz, Death, Duo, Scythe, and Phantom are currently the only mainstay competitive Metal Wheels. Beat, Lightning, Gravity, Libra, and Meteo are all second-rate.

Beyond those, there are no MWs worth using, really, and given how many MWs are out, it is kind of saddening... however, at least the number is currently going up, instead of down, since new releases are mostly worth using.

But, those new releases are TOO worthy of being used...
Beat, Lightning, Gravity, Libra, and Meteo were never second rate...
They were rulers of their era. Smile
OK, we might not consider Libra now, as when it should have been predominant, it was banned. Unhappy When it was revived, it woke up to a new Sun in the Defense category, i.e. Basalt.
That is probably the point of the thread, as I have understood.
Its great to see the number of 'good beys' go up with the number of new releases.
But we do realize that we may not be too far from the time when we would be compelled to call something like a Basalt, as a 'second rate' combo.
Its good to see evolution, as Galaxy said, and as your post directs me to believe. Smile
But, its probably too rapid to be able to keep up with it. This 'evolution' ends up degrading the existing parts' performance. It is fun to see new parts which beat existing ones... It adds variety to the game. But, don't we need something to beat this new release too? The thing is, the new parts released become the absolute power in the meta-game, as they are capable of beating anything released prior to it.
OK, I repeat the question asked in the previous paragraph- Don't we need something to beat this newly released part? Yes we do. In the past, with every useful release, there was always an existing counter to it. In today's game, we need something to beat the newly released part 'A', which in turn, is fulfilled by another new release 'B' capable of beating A. To beat B, we need C. For C, we need D, and so on. This was mentioned before in my previous post, where I stated the 'chain theory of how parts are outclassed'.
Every new release becomes the absolute power in the game. Nothing can beat it, and even if something can, it can't defeat it consistently, or just barely manages to win on rare occasions.
Every new release, needs another new release to be able to beat it. Maybe the best thing a company can do for marketing its products, but that's not what we are discussing, isn't it?
(Dec. 24, 2011  5:04 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: The loss of VariAres was because the user of VariAres wasn't skilled enough(OK, I can't say that, as he actually cut past the tournament with VariAres quite comfortably). He was just unlucky.... Grin

Yes indeed I was...please dont give my example everytime...I defeated that same combo in the round robins and I lost to it in the finals(why ?? Crying) due to the worst of my luck.

And I agree with Rai. It has always been Attack>Stamina>Defense>Attack...
You cannot expect to have the best combo in the world..all have counters. Parts like Earth are heavily outclassed now but who knows..they might have use again...MF-H Earth GB145 CS(Not too sure about this) was a good counter to Blitz combos. The low recoil of Earth can help although it lacks the 'weight' needed in today's metagame. And again..when you talk about Attack...nothing is fixed..you may lose or win...it depends completely on the skill. For stamina..yes Earth cant beat Phantom(in an even matchup) but that does not mean it can never be used...the chances of winning a whole tourney with it will be significantly lesser though. The only big difference between the beys we had an year ago and those we have today is 'weight'.
Well, you are the only person whom I have seen battle live, and based on personal experience, I had to give your example. Smile Sorry!
And no, I disagree. There have been combos which contradict that Rock/Paper/Scissors like match-up. Smile
As for the difference between beys of the past and today's beys, it has been weight, yes. I said that before too! Grin
With weight around, the old parts are gone already. But what about the already heavy parts? They are being outclassed heavily too. Think of Beat. Think of Fang. Think of LDD... Smile OK, those weren't AS good, but yeah.
Also, stamina/defense parts are being outclassed too(though not as heavily), even if they have the weight.
Duo > Phantom > Scythe > Basalt > Earth > Death for Stamina.
Duo > Basalt/Death(they are almost equal, so I can't say what's 'better') > Scythe > Earth for Defense. Smile
Look at Basalt. Its still the heaviest, but its no longer the best. Smile
So, its not all because of weight. I do not say you are wrong, just that I am adding a few points too. Smile
i made this thing just for random fun, sorry for the ot (which isn't really ot cause it seems really realistic)
[Image: takaratomyprod.png]
I love you, man! LOL
I'm guessing the first half is Basalt/Duo and the second half is Diablo.

Seems accurate.
first part is also scythe, phantom, cygnus and hades
second part is also vari, blitz.

and we could say it's about 4d xD
Blitz actually has a really good design.

And every time someone badmouths Kreis, a swan poops on their house.
*opens a giant umbrella* Kreis is once again a stupid circular shaped bey.
blitz hasn't a bad dessign at all, but the "stupid shaped" can also be read like "not circular", lol
Oh God Yami, that made my day LOL! XD
That was the best.

I can say no more.
That image should be plaqued.

and be put in advanced forum. loooooooooool
4D era: woohoo!
To be honest I am just waiting for a 200g Ball, with a gyro mech inside, dual-spin, and a bearing supported rubber tip(think wolborg 2, maybe a little sharper) to be released.

Then hopefully they'll stop MFB and produce another twenty HMS.

... What?

But anyway, we don't know about Diablo yet. It could be terrible!
Oh god, that again.

HMS? YEAH BOI.

Kinda difficult to say right now that Diablo will suck, looking at the thing in AD's video.
now imagine MF-H diablo kerbecs bd145 rf throwing a rock at yor opponent's beyblade would be more honest lol
Drop Rock! Drop Rock!

Anyways, despite the multiple lulz that have been had from Yami's picture, the truth of it is painstakingly accurate.

Dem gimmicks really are fun/cool though. Serious
I used to use whatever when I started. I got by, winning sometimes in small tournaments. Then I got gravity and I used it all the time, same with 230 and Hell. Now I wait until testing for a new part comes in and if its good Ill get it. Now I have to get what everyone says to get to be up to date on tiers. Plus by the time I get the bey I need a new on comes out and I get screwed over because of a new part.

Gravity is still ok, Lightning is almost out of the picture in my eyes Unhappy. Man this game is really fast when you think about it. "Who knows maybe Scythe or Basalt will be useless by the coming of Fusion Hades." I think about things like that all the time
Thats how fast this game has become