WBO Times-Out of business. FOR LEASE

By 'Monthly Comic' shouldn't it should say weekly since MITH, says he will make one every week
not sure about that one...
(Mar. 03, 2011  8:34 PM)TheFusionRuler Wrote: By 'Monthly Comic' shouldn't it should say weekly since MITH, says he will make one every week

No. He's going to make a comic for me once a month. For this one, I used one he's already made.
Hey Sparta I finished the draft! This is how i think the newspaper should look like. It took hours to make. (I can do way better believe me)

Ok heres the link just press and it and you can see it. Thats it just press the link.

http://download646.mediafire.com/np3nbmi...O_News.pdf
Please do realize that you will HAVE to change your format to something other than a website.

http://download646.mediafire.com/oza0dec...O_News.pdf
(Mar. 04, 2011  12:20 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Hey Sparta I finished the draft! This is how i think the newspaper should look like. It took hours to make. (I can do way better believe me)

Ok heres the link just press and it and you can see it. Thats it just press the link.

http://download646.mediafire.com/np3nbmi...O_News.pdf
Please do realize that you will HAVE to change your format to something other than a website.
Of course Smile. Thought that was inferred. This is only a temporary until I find a better (and free) solution.

But the links don't work here...
(Mar. 03, 2011  11:51 PM)Sparta Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2011  8:34 PM)TheFusionRuler Wrote: By 'Monthly Comic' shouldn't it should say weekly since MITH, says he will make one every week

No. He's going to make a comic for me once a month. For this one, I used one he's already made.

Well if he will make it monthly im sure it will be a super ultra awsome comic, better than the ones he makes in his thread. NOTE: I'm not saying his current comics are bad. I'm just saying that if will be only one comic a month it has to be extraordinary.
(Mar. 04, 2011  12:40 AM)Sparta Wrote: But the links don't work here...
What do you mean the links don't work? Just press the link and it should download and open up!
P.S If you are using a Mac the output will be different and may not work.
(Mar. 04, 2011  12:57 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2011  12:40 AM)Sparta Wrote: But the links don't work here...
What do you mean the links don't work? Just press the link and it should download and open up!
P.S If you are using a Mac the output will be different and may not work.

Yup. I'm a Macintosh.And according to that T-Mobile commercial, I have some 50 year old guy dragging around on my back, like a stalker.
(Mar. 04, 2011  2:25 AM)Sparta Wrote: Yup. I'm a Macintosh.And according to that T-Mobile commercial, I have some 50 year old guy dragging around on my back, like a stalker.
First off: Wre you able to see the work I did?
2nd: Did you like it?

Sorry but your answers were not clear
Sparta, if you need me to sub for someone please PM me.
Are you still going to do the paper? Because WhyD125 can't find his password, so I'll send you his next article when he's done.
Some comments:
-I think the newspaper is really nice and interesting, perhaps a bit odd but cool.
-You should consider including images in articles
-Small noteUnhappyOn website you should just a bit wider, I assume your using iWeb so to do this go into inspector>Page layout)
-No need for Article 1,Article 2, Article 3....labels IMO
And I honestly have a bunch of other stuff to say that I'm just too tired to write out Pinching_eyes_2
Nice idea though.
(Mar. 04, 2011  2:57 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2011  2:25 AM)Sparta Wrote: Yup. I'm a Macintosh.And according to that T-Mobile commercial, I have some 50 year old guy dragging around on my back, like a stalker.
First off: Wre you able to see the work I did?
2nd: Did you like it?

Sorry but your answers were not clear
Haha NVM.
(Mar. 04, 2011  3:17 AM)Dark Alpha Wolf Wrote: Sparta, if you need me to sub for someone please PM me.

I refuse to respond to this.
1. Why are you using web me? It sucks..you may as well make the pages yourself.
2. The whole paper consists of about 5 walls of texts. Add some paragraphs.
3. It looks really dull, make the theme match the wbo or something? Better yet, make it actually look like a new paper..
4. Add in some images
5. The signature of the month made me cry...why would you choose such a disgusting signature as the best one of the month...? (Im sorry to whoever made it.)
6. MyBBQ? Really. If your going to write about something, write about the correct thing. What the hell is a MyBBQ?
7. It seems to me that rather than a news paper, its a poor attempt at a website which has nothing but opinions on them..What happened to the facts?

Don't take this as me trying to catch you out, I'm simply trying to give you some constructive criticism.
I agree with medz.
(Mar. 04, 2011  9:43 PM)Medz Wrote: 1. Why are you using web me? It sucks..you may as well make the pages yourself.
3. It looks really dull, make the theme match the wbo or something? Better yet, make it actually look like a new paper..
4. Add in some images
5. The signature of the month made me cry...why would you choose such a disgusting signature as the best one of the month...? (Im sorry to whoever made it.)
6. MyBBQ? Really. If your going to write about something, write about the correct thing. What the hell is a MyBBQ?
7. It seems to me that rather than a news paper, its a poor attempt at a website which has nothing but opinions on them..What happened to the facts?

Don't take this as me trying to catch you out, I'm simply trying to give you some constructive criticism.

(Mar. 04, 2011  9:49 PM)Brielyranger Wrote: I agree with medz.

Glad everyones enjoying the paper that took me hours to make...
The newspaper is good but needs more work. Also for the signature of the month you could hire someone who makes them better.
(Mar. 04, 2011  10:30 PM)Sparta Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2011  9:43 PM)Medz Wrote: 1. Why are you using web me? It sucks..you may as well make the pages yourself.
4. Add in some images

tell them off. they dont know a thing about style. nice job
(Mar. 04, 2011  10:36 PM)Brielyranger Wrote: The newspaper is good but needs more work. Also for the signature of the month you could hire someone who makes them better.

I agree get someone like BeyBladestation or Jacksonion(I think that's how you spell it)
(Mar. 04, 2011  10:42 PM)Devil The Beyer Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2011  10:30 PM)Sparta Wrote:
4. Add in some images

tell them off. they dont know a thing about style. nice job
Haha TY.
(Mar. 04, 2011  11:15 PM)TheFusionRuler Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2011  10:36 PM)Brielyranger Wrote: The newspaper is good but needs more work. Also for the signature of the month you could hire someone who makes them better.

I agree get someone like BeyBladestation or Jacksonion(I think that's how you spell it)
Got Jacksonian a while back.
This was your first paper. Thats why Medz is giving you advice. If I were you, I'd be happy that a person like him would actually dare to look at my work (Referring to your newspaper) You should be proud of his criticism. I'm sure you were sarcastic when you said that everyone enjoyed it. So please do take criticism or expect this project to go nowhere at all but where it already is. I'm bot trying to be mean, again, I'm just saying that criticism should be EXPECTED rather than being pushed off. I'm sorry if this post was off topic, but yes please I hope you use something other than web me.

P.S. Medz is a PROFESSIONAL Web Coder, please look at his signature.
(Mar. 04, 2011  11:18 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: This was your first paper. Thats why Medz is giving you advice. If I were you, I'd be happy that a person like him would actually dare to look at my work (Referring to your newspaper) You should be proud of his criticism. I'm sure you were sarcastic when you said that everyone enjoyed it. So please do take criticism or expect this project to go nowhere at all but where it already is. I'm bot trying to be mean, again, I'm just saying that criticism should be EXPECTED rather than being pushed off. I'm sorry if this post was off topic, but yes please I hope you use something other than web me.

P.S. Medz is a PROFESSIONAL Web Coder, please look at his signature.

I noticed. And I know criticism is good but 1. It kind of gets annoying when 40 people put their input

2. It also is annoying when people give me the same advice over and over again. "Don't use web me" "Try not to use me" "What is me? Use a pdf!" I get it people are trying to be helpful but when that many people over and over give the same advice it gets me off my nerves.
Sorry, I actually write that in so my post was not off topic, but I don;t think I gave that advice yet, anyways heres what i say to improve!;

1. Get a little better formatting (Paragraphs) (Sorry, I think Medz said that)
2. Appeal. Try to make the paper look a little more flashy, with designs
3. This goes along with formatting, but space out your sentences, from new subjects, and adding to that, try to make the title bolder than the other words.
4. Times New Roman is just terrible, on Newspaper maybe not, but it is so boring looking. Use fonts like Hertenshweiler.
Don't post something on the internet and not expect criticism. I suggest you take Beyblade Station's advice.

P.S: If your tired of getting the same suggestions over and over again, heres an idea: Why don't you accept them and adapt to them and stop whining instead?
He's not whining actually, but I just can't wait to see the new one Sparta!
(Mar. 05, 2011  6:13 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: He's not whining actually, but I just can't wait to see the new one Sparta!

Ok cool. I'll make it (or Medz might..) on a PFD file so it will be a lot better! More changes you can expect in paper 2:
*This month, Jacksonian will make the sig!
*PFD File
*Will resemble a newspaper more
*Better looking articles
*A novel monthly comic MITH is making just for us Smile