[Virginia, USA] Tournament Discussion

Poll: I would attend events in these areas. answer as many as needed.

Charlottesville
18.27%
Richmond
38.58%
Virginia Beach / Chesapeake
26.90%
Newport News
16.24%
Total: 100% 197 vote(s)
(Jul. 01, 2013  7:38 AM)ghostbull Wrote: Kaboom!!!, I can't really confirm without a date but put myself and Vari Jack down as a maybe. Last tourney rocked. Looking forward to our next battle.

The date will be July 27th. Not sure how the weather will be but I'll definitely be passing out waters to those who need it the most! Also, if the temperature is way too hot, we'll probably cancel the tournament. If its raining or if any other weather effect this tournament, we will cancel.
Kaboom, put me as a maybe, but not Prue (he has work again). I look forward to climbing a huge hill with a box full of heavy beys XD.
Would you ever consider holding one around Fredericksburg as a chance for the MD and VA communities to meet?
(Jul. 02, 2013  12:49 AM)Time Wrote: Would you ever consider holding one around Fredericksburg as a chance for the MD and VA communities to meet?
I am holding one in Sterling. That is in VA and close to MaryLand
(Jul. 01, 2013  2:11 AM)Bazooka Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2013  7:31 PM)Insomniac Wrote: Richmond is pretty central, though.
MD's holding one of their own, so you could always try to go there if Richmond's too far.
If you can host a normal MFB/ZeroG tourney in Richmond, I'll go. You can have a Plastics tourney there the same day too, and I might compete if you let me borrow some Plastic parts(my only plastic is a Dranzer F).

I'd be looking at doing both Plastics and, with enough support, HMS. I have close to a dozen plastics, and a few HMS, that I could lend out, so it's mainly a matter of participant gathering and finding a venue (One Eyed Jacques?).

If enough people want to do Zero-G over HMS, though, that would be fine too.
It's just Plastics and HMS Remembrance Day, lol.

BTW, I'm only available on the 13th, so no possibility of Sunday Blading for me.
@Bazooka- Lmfao I know.xD but if ANYONE who shows up is handicapped, we're doing it lower to the ground.

@Everyone else in northern virginia: I should be ther on July 20th to help out, so if you want a tournament, I highly suggest you show up. its unlikely I will be able to do this again.
put me down as a maybe
actually, never mind, im there on the 27th for sure! so excited
Confirm Vari Jack and myself.
@Insomniac, I now see why you want it to be plastics/hms. If you confirm this tourney, I'm a maybe. It will be my 1st time going to a hms/plastic remembrance tourney XD
I know some bladers that go to One Eyed Jaques have plastics and they could have their 1st plastic/hms tourney too.
After the hms tourney, I/you could host a separate Zero-G tourney so other kids without 1st gen beys could blade too.
[/quote]

I'd be looking at doing both Plastics and, with enough support, HMS. I have close to a dozen plastics, and a few HMS, that I could lend out, so it's mainly a matter of participant gathering and finding a venue (One Eyed Jacques?).

If enough people want to do Zero-G over HMS, though, that would be fine too.
It's just Plastics and HMS Remembrance Day, lol.

BTW, I'm only available on the 13th, so no possibility of Sunday Blading for me.
[/quote]

@Insomniac: One eyed Jacques is VERY hard to sponsor a tournament on Saturdays and during some summer weekends. They are in a tourist area and Rob doesn't want to schedule anything that could deter from his business. They are also a major hub for Magic tournaments and I think they pretty much have saturdays locked up. These are the main reasons I only schedule Sundays. There are exceptions to this rule but I would contact him before you get a set date.
@all else. My work schedule will have me off 3 out of 4 Sundays always. Expect monthly tournaments in the near future. Insomniac, you are always welcome to add a plastics event at any of my events. Thanks to everyone for being patient while I go through this change of employment. I'm looking forward to being more active in the near future.
Pruebame- Sounds like an awesome plan. I definitely gotta make it to a Richmond tournament soon.Grin
@Gila and Ghostbull- Great!Grin We seem to be racking up this list pretty quickly, just one more confirmed blader and we can get this tournament on the move!
Most people play MTG on Fridays (Friday Night Magic), but Saturday is a Yu-Gi-Oh/CF Vanguard day. There aren't lots of people playing Yu Gi Oh or Vanguard there anyways. Usually, (mr.)Rob lets us blade when there aren't lots of other people dueling around us at One Eyed Jaques so with most MTG players out of our way, we could squeeze in a Beyblade tourney without getting in the way of other people playing card games.

The store being a tourist attraction benefits the store because it shows tourists how popular the store is for gamers. So Saturday would be a great day for Rob to let us blade.
I hate missing tournaments Tired
Someone has got to have fun placing for me ;D
DrPepsidew, I vow to win first place for you and (Maximus impersonation)for the glory of Rome. Smile
(Jul. 01, 2013  2:11 AM)Bazooka Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2013  7:31 PM)Insomniac Wrote: Richmond is pretty central, though.
MD's holding one of their own, so you could always try to go there if Richmond's too far.
If you can host a normal MFB/ZeroG tourney in Richmond, I'll go. You can have a Plastics tourney there the same day too, and I might compete if you let me borrow some Plastic parts(my only plastic is a Dranzer F).

id come to that, if the date works.
Hey guys the thread for my tournament is up right here!

I'd like to move all Richmond Plastics/HMS Remembrance Day tournament discussion to this thread because I want to be able to update an OP with stuff as opposed to some post other than the OP in this thread. Smile
(Jul. 04, 2013  10:50 AM)ghostbull Wrote: DrPepsidew, I vow to win first place for you and (Maximus impersonation)for the glory of Rome. Smile

I appreciate it! Good luck to all! (My points were updated from Beat the Summer Heat 1.0! All else who went, go check your points)
Any other takers for the virginia beach tournament on July 27th??? We only need 2 more bladers to get this approved. Anyone game?
(Jul. 05, 2013  7:42 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2013  10:50 AM)ghostbull Wrote: DrPepsidew, I vow to win first place for you and (Maximus impersonation)for the glory of Rome. Smile

I appreciate it! Good luck to all! (My points were updated from Beat the Summer Heat 1.0! All else who went, go check your points)

I've been in three tournaments now and I just checked my points and still my record and points havnt been updated.
That happened because the WBO reprocessed everything and now they are working on events from last year so if you started this year it might be a little while.
You can confirm me for this one Kaboom.
(Jul. 06, 2013  9:14 PM)Bazooka Wrote: You can confirm me for this one Kaboom.

Awesome BazookaGrin You seem to be at a lot more of these tournaments lately. Great Idea!