[Toronto, Ontario, 8/2/15] Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: Toronto

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: Beyblade_Bursts_Onto_the_Scene_World_Beyblade_Or.png]
SUNDAY, AUGUST 2, 1PM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BURST FORMAT

From seemingly out of nowhere, the third generation of Beyblade has burst onto the scene!. Toronto Bladers, this is your chance to get a first hand opportunity to try out the new Beyblades from this exciting, explosive new series, receive one for yourself to take home, and trade parts with other players to build the best Beyblade you can!

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. If you have any questions about the location, please post here! This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

First 7 Participants get a brand new Beyblade to use and take home!
And listen, we're not asking for those products back at the end, no way! Those are really gifts for the community! The first 7 Bladers to arrive at the tournament will randomly pick one Layer, one Disk, and one Driver from the Beyblade Burst items shipped to the host, and leave with it at the end!!

What happens if there are more than seven players, do you ask? Quite simply, these first seven, lucky Bladers will be asked to share with the players who came in later to the event when they are not playing in an official battle with it already. Their Beyblade will be returned at the end, because the host will have written down who got what.

Mandatory $6 CDN Entry Fee = More Beyblade Burst Events + Extra Credits!
To help subsidize the high cost of importing some of the new Beyblade Burst items from Japan, a mandatory $6 CDN entry fee will be imposed on all Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene events, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport (if you wish to purchase a Blader Passport for $12 CDN, the total cost would be $18 CDN at a Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene event), and there will be no prize reimbursement. We hope that everyone can understand this! The more funds we have, the more we can afford to do for the community in the future! We're actually going to be losing money despite this entry fee, and for those that receive a Beyblade, it will be much cheaper to get one that way than it would be to import one yourself (although we certainly hope you all do this after playing with them!). However, to show our appreciation for your cooperation and support in helping to fund the event, all participants in Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene tournaments will receive the following:
  • +1 Extra Credit to be used for prizes from our awesome Blader Rewards, on top of whatever they would have normally earned.
  • New Passport Holders will earn +2 Extra Credits, rather than +1.

"But what about my BeyPoints? I've never played Beyblade Burst!"
No problem! The first Beyblade Event in every region will not count towards the BeyPoint System. Think of it as an opportunity to experiment and just focus on having fun with the new series.

Of course however, there will also be Faces and Credits to play for. Wink

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It is set to launch in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beywiki article covering it: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...lade_Burst

And be sure to check the Beyblade Burst - Bey News Forum Thread for the latest news on the series as it is announced.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADEBURST #WBO

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: Toronto, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
Kei
LMAO
Mitsukuni
pyrus10000
1234beyblade
The Sponge
Hato
Manicben
Wally.web
Oni-dracon
Beyonomics
ULTIMATE BLAZE

Possible Attendees:
op blader
BBunleashed101
Blasterjoker1

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

you can count me in but just in case put me down in possible at
CONFIRMED.
Confirmed. Smile

Going to be sure to get some on my hands before the time of.
(May. 04, 2015  12:34 AM)op blader Wrote: you can count me in but just in case put me down in possible at

Hope you can make it!

(May. 04, 2015  12:48 AM)Ayy lmao Wrote: CONFIRMED.

Haha.

I like the authority with which you are expressing your confirmed state.
... Confirmed. pls
(May. 04, 2015  1:20 AM)pyrus10000 Wrote: ... Confirmed. pls

Whoa! Gasp You know pyrus is excited when he actually confirms for a tournament.
I'm gonna try to make this one... possible please

(May. 04, 2015  1:51 AM)Kei Wrote:

Whoa! Gasp You know pyrus is excited when he actually confirms for a tournament.

I don't mean to offend anyone but this is a first!!!
(May. 04, 2015  1:51 AM)Kei Wrote:

I actually died of laughter when I read that Kei, omg hahahah

Confirm spongey-0 too. Also, since its going to be nice can we do Dufferin Grove?
Cunfirme meh pleze an thx, scott-ie/aye
IM THERE #SUPERHYPE, imma be there 2 hours early for that free bey X3, hopefully i can get some in before the actual tourney.
imma be there
(May. 04, 2015  2:36 AM)Ayy lmao Wrote: Confirm spongey-0 too. Also, since its going to be nice can we do Dufferin Grove?

I'm going to stick with High Park for this one. You should do your June tournament at Dufferin Grove!

(May. 04, 2015  2:42 AM)Deh espanghe Wrote: Cunfirme meh pleze an thx, scott-ie/aye

"Deh espanghe"

Serious

(May. 04, 2015  2:43 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: IM THERE #SUPERHYPE, imma be there 2 hours early for that free bey X3, hopefully i can get some in before the actual tourney.

I'm scared that people are going to rush me when I arrive because of the 'free' Beyblades lol.
Kei Wrote:I'm scared that people are going to rush me when I arrive because of the 'free' Beyblades lol.

Kei I will arrive at your house, just so I can be first Stupid
Also, confirm me for now Smile Just put this on the calender at home, so I should be coming Grin
Yeah, definitely, Dufferin Grove it is for Ayy lmao's birthday bash!

*Stalks Kei on the Subway to be first to get the burst Beyblade*
It's going to be pretty cool to be playing in a Beyblade Burst tournament in Toronto just a few weeks after it launches in Japan.
Count me in please!
Erm, I might be able to attend. The only problem is where to stay in Toronto for one or two days. If anyone could hook me up that would be awesome but if not I'll try to find a cheap hostel to stay at. Grin
I think either way it's a confirmation from me.
(May. 19, 2015  2:25 PM)Manicben Wrote: Erm, I might be able to attend. The only problem is where to stay in Toronto for one or two days. If anyone could hook me up that would be awesome but if not I'll try to find a cheap hostel to stay at. Grin
I think either way it's a confirmation from me.

Awesome! Hopefully you can find somewhere. Maybe I can give you the Beyblade Burst stuff for your event while you're here.

And guys, in case you don't realize: Manicben is visiting from London, UK.
(May. 19, 2015  9:31 PM)Kei Wrote: Awesome! Hopefully you can find somewhere. Maybe I can give you the Beyblade Burst stuff for your event while you're here.

And guys, in case you don't realize: Manicben is visiting from London, UK.

Ha, imagine if I arrive early to snag myself a Burst beyblade and then Kei gives me a crate of them later. Grin I wonder if hosts get to keep one?

Yeah its a long way to Toronto, which is why my parents told me to try and find someone from the WBO who could donate a sofa or floor for me to rest on, rather than potentially pay for a hotel or hostel.
I'll try to make the most out of the visit and look around Toronto, but I have no idea what to look at. But plans can come later Grin
Wow, that's actually amazing! Really look forward to seeing you come to Toronto for this one! I don't have anywhere you could stay, but I wouldn't mind showing you around some parts of the city. I don't think other Toronto WBO members would mind showing you around as well!

Have a safe flight!
i just found out i am with my mom on that week so i can go. also when we are there i have some question's about the wbo?
(May. 21, 2015  1:53 PM)op blader Wrote: i just found out i am with my mom on that week so i can go. also when we are there i have some question's about the wbo?

You can ask them here too! http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Questions-about-the-WBO

Great that you can come! Smile
A whole new beyblade series?

Damn, I think its time I came back for that (so i dont have to catch up with whats going on with the current gen)