[Toronto, Ontario 22/06/2014] - LMAO's Birthday Beynanza!

on
Hosted by
  LMAO
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: LMAO_s_Birthday_Beynanza_Banner.png]

LMAO's Birthday Beynanza!
Sunday, June 22nd, 1PM
High Park - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Standard format

Let's get Toronto back into the swing of things and have a lot of people back at our tournaments! This tournament is a special one as it will be my birthday tournament! Both MidnightGFX and I will be hosting this tournament. I hope to see a lot of Torontonian bladers out there on June 22nd! Assuming we have enough attendees, this will be an official WBO tournament, so make sure to get your Blader Passport for $10 if you haven't done so already! Or, simply pay $5 if you plan on only attending LMAO's Birthday Beynanza.

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. In case you guys haven't been to our regular tournaments, here are some visual directions.

Format: Standard Format. Also, depending on the number of people, we will most likely do Block Round Robin.

Time: The tournament starts at 1 PM, but be there at least 30 minutes earlier for registration and free play.

Prizes: To be determined. There will most likely be more than enough prizes for this tournament.

Side Note: Guys, please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and I'm not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up to me or one of the other judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All questions for this tournament may be asked in this thread.

We're keeping Toronto's bey-spirit alive, your support thus far is appreciated! Let's keep this up guys! If you wish to attend please post below, I'll start gathering an attendance list.

Already confirmed:

-LMAO
-MidnightGFX
-Kei
-The Sponge
-Wally.web
-FreshClassik
-Suntailhawk
-1 new Kijiji kid
-Peece_2012
-NickB
-Pockyx3

Possible:

-dungin101
-SamuraiDrago
-ULTIMATE BLAZE
-PlasmaZeus
-theoriginalzankye
-CosmicIrfan
-Sarah

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jun. 22, 2014  1:37 PM)Peece_2012 Wrote: Also, the GBT2 points haven't been given out? (I'm still at 1000 on the dot)

That'll be done sometime during the next week.
Today was amazing!

i placed 3rd and battle a bunch of awesome people

I am proud and honoured to call them my friends!

TEAM MIDNIGHT/SPONGE FTW

Teehee horny goat seed
Who else placed?
Here are today's results, everyone!:

1st: ... Kei !

2nd: Wait for it ... The Sponge !

3rd: ... FreshClassik ! Congratulations on placing in your second tournament attended!

4th: Here it comes ... MidnightGFX, going 4-5! I feel like I'm turning into Pockyx3, lol.

I had a great time. We had a total of eight attendees, so luckily we were able to make it. David didn't end up making it, which still didn't change how much fun we had, haha. Being able to judge was an absolute treat, so props to LMAO for letting me do so.

Once again, Happy Belated Birthday, LMAO! I hope you enjoy the present of Samurai Pegasis that I gave you! I'm really hoping to do more judging/hosting later on throughout the summer!
Surprised to see such a little amount of people at a tournament but it was fun nevertheless.

Thank you all for coming out and congratulations to the winners, especially FreshClassik! Also a huge thanks to MidnightGFX for the Samurai Pegasis!

Winning Combinations will be posted in a bit! Thank you!
Good job The Sponge, and FreshClassik especially! The competition was really tight though; going into the final two battles of the Round Robin, there was five people tied at 3-3 for 2nd/3rd. Sorry that I beat you in the final battle LMAO. Unhappy ... Happy Birthday, though! Haha.

Stay tuned for details on our next tournament, HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 6 and our HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day event. We may end up doing HPT6 on HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day, and if that ends up happening we will only do one or the other: HMS or Plastics. Let me know what you think here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto-...pid1218025
WHOAH, unexpected matches today!

Today was great because there was a few new bladers. Also, this is my first time being second place! WOOOOOOOO!
Congrats to FreshClassik, this was only his second tournament and he was second, that was amazing!

Sucks that LMAO didn't place and it was his birthday tournament ): Hopefully next tourney will turn out better for LMAO.

Anyways,

3rd time beating Scott. (or 4th) Whats your Scott "victory" count?
I didn't expect to get this many congrats...woah

I need to add that i only won because of LMAO and The Sponge (there combos are the bomb) XD

I even gave LMAO and The Sponge my Girago wheel for free..i guess that will be your birthday present..

Anyways! since I'm here ill add my winning combo(s) are Dragoon Genbu (Genbu on the bottom) F230CF and Dragoon Leviathan SA165EWD!

Stay Fresh All-FreshClassik

like i said..Horny goat seed FTW..
(Jun. 23, 2014  12:01 AM)The Sponge Wrote: 3rd time beating Scott. (or 4th) Whats your Scott "victory" count?

This has me wondering who actually has the most victories against me all time haha.

Probably someone like Pockyx3 or JesseObre.
Congrats to the placers. I am glad there was a new placer. Anyway Happy Birthday LMAO! Sounds like it was a really fun tournament!
(Jun. 23, 2014  12:10 AM)FreshClassik Wrote: I didn't expect to get this many congrats...woah

I need to add that i only won because of LMAO and The Sponge (there combos are the bomb) XD

I even gave LMAO and The Sponge my Girago wheel for free..i guess that will be your birthday present..

Anyways! since I'm here ill add my winning combo(s) are Dragoon Genbu (Genbu on the bottom) F230CF and Dragoon Leviathan SA165EWD!

Stay Fresh All-FreshClassik

like i said..Horny goat seed FTW..
>:[

Btw it's Genbu Dragoon if Genbu is on bottom.
hei guys... it's been a while... more like almost 2 years or something... i might be able to go!!!!!
put me on possibe
This tournament is already over, unfortunately.
whoops... my bad

was way to busy that i was gone for too long #humiliated

hey kei... set me up for the next one
(Jun. 23, 2014  7:14 PM)yoshikid2414 Wrote: whoops... my bad

Hey I remember you from our summer tournaments last year, correct?

If you're interested in coming to the next tournament check the Toronto General thread, Kei will be hosting High Park Throwdown and a HMS or Plastic tournament soon!
Sorry we couldn't make it to the tournament, maybe next time, we need a bit notice. Me and my father still interested to sponsor a tournament bringing great prizes, but in the next 5 weeks we are getting super busy with Zankye World Tour 2014, and something exciting coming in the next days called Beyblade Legends.

There's a possibility that we could do a LIVE Video event sometime this week (Could be tomorrow?) Not sure yet
(Jun. 24, 2014  4:25 AM)originalzankye Wrote: Sorry we couldn't make it to the tournament, maybe next time, we need a bit notice. Me and my father still interested to sponsor a tournament bringing great prizes, but in the next 5 weeks we are getting super busy with Zankye World Tour 2014, and something exciting coming in the next days called Beyblade Legends.

There's a possibility that we could do a LIVE Video event sometime this week (Could be tomorrow?) Not sure yet

It's a definite: no tournament would be able to take place this weekend, nor today, since one: bladers from Toronto would probably need a longer notice relating to the tournament. And two: we'd need a good eight attendees to play. I'm sure others wouldn't want to play on a weekday, in comparison to a weekend. Would you be free on either the 19th or 20th of July? Kei will probably end up hosting High Park Throwdown 6, and PLASTIC'S, or HMS' NOT DEAD within that period of time. To read up more on what's going to happen next involving tournaments in Toronto, this thread will help both you and your father, Zankye: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto-...st-Seeking

I hope you'd be able to find some good information involving Beyblade Legends! If you do find information, or make purchases towards it, this would be the thread to post in, rather than a tournament one: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-General-...2013-HOBBY

(Jun. 23, 2014  7:14 PM)yoshikid2414 Wrote: whoops... my bad

Oh, hey, I actually remember meeting you last summer at JesseObre's Birthday Bash, no?

Anyways, I'm hoping to see you more this summer, Yoshikid! Would you be free on either the 19th or 20th? Within that period of time, Kei plans on hosting High Park Throwdown 6, as well as either PLASTIC'S NOT DEAD, or HMS' NOT DEAD 4 on one of the mentioned days.
guys, will there be video uploaded for this? it be awsome if there was
(Jun. 26, 2014  2:07 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: guys, will there be video uploaded for this? it be awsome if there was

I didn't shoot any video at this one, but I did take pictures that will be posted soon.

By the way, the thread for the next two tournaments is now up!: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto-...NOT-DEAD-3
(Jun. 26, 2014  2:10 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2014  2:07 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: guys, will there be video uploaded for this? it be awsome if there was

I didn't shoot any video at this one, but I did take pictures that will be posted soon.

No video? ... DJ - Sad.

As for the photos, did you end up taking anything with your film camera? I saw that you did have it there, though I didn't see you make any usage of it that day.
It sounds like the tournament was a lot of fun! Too bad I had to miss it, D:

Congrats to all the winners, especially to FreshClassik! I will try to join all of you guys next time! (Hopefully)
(Jun. 26, 2014  2:24 AM)MidnightGFX Wrote: As for the photos, did you end up taking anything with your film camera? I saw that you did have it there, though I didn't see you make any usage of it that day.

Unfortunately no, because I was having problems with it and didn't want to take a chance that the film would get wasted. It turned out to be fine when I looked at it afterwards, but by then the tournament was over. I do have some old ones from April that I never posted though ...! http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Toronto-...pid1218680
Sup Kei!

When do you think the images will be up,Also do you know when the faces will be given out? (I bought a passport)

As for video wise (this goes out to everybody) I do have some footage that I will upload soon I just need to contact my Pops/Father.

Stay Fresh-Classik
Just posted the photos. Click the headless BeyWarrior to view!:

[Image: cK2b3Jv.jpg]