[Toronto, Ontario, 12/29/12] FROZEN FEET

on
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: frozenfeettournamentlog.png]
High Park (map) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
ZERO-G FORMAT

Last year it was your hand(s). This year, it will be your feet! Toronto Bladers, please come join us at High Park on Saturday, December 29th, 2012 at 1PM for FROZEN FEET!

Since we were able to gather enough participants in the Toronto WBO General thread, this will be an official WBO tournament! Make sure to get your Blader Passport if you haven't done so already! Or, simply pay $5 if you plan on only attending FROZEN FEET. Aside from competing for Faces, BeyPoints, and Credits, the prizes will of course be good!

For anyone who is concerned: I am going to do my best to get through this tournament as quickly as possible. I'm pretty sure none of us want to be outside playing Beyblade for more than a few hours on a cold December day (but that doesn't mean we can't have fun!). If you're interested, please let us know here so we can start building an attendance list. Hope to see you there!

We'll be playing in the shelter where we usually play. If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. Once everyone gets there, we'll move down to the other end of the shelter, as we usually do for these December tournaments. This map has the area we'll be playing in roughly outlined:

[Image: tornamentgrounds1.jpg]

Attendance List:
Kei
JesseObre
Suntailhawk
pyrus10000
Pockyx3
Ken Rao
Daegor42
lord Wolfblade
flash orion
faneleone33456
BeyBladeBrosInc
Glen CG

Possible Attendees:
FlameDragon25

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Even though i am on the list im saying im coming oh and its says frozen hand in the intro
(Dec. 27, 2012  3:34 AM)JesseObre Wrote: Even though i am on the list im saying im coming oh and its says frozen hand in the intro

Oops. I copied the FROZEN HAND description from last year and modified a bunch of things, but must have forgotten to change that.

i'm already thinking about what we could call this one next year: FROZEN FACE?? lol
(Dec. 27, 2012  3:42 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2012  3:34 AM)JesseObre Wrote: Even though i am on the list im saying im coming oh and its says frozen hand in the intro

Oops. I copied the FROZEN HAND description from last year and modified a bunch of things, but must have forgotten to change that.

i'm already thinking about what we could call this one next year: FROZEN FACE?? lol
Really Frozen Face. I hope this event happens since some of the tournaments haven't happened lately.
Just posting to confirm my attendance. And my two friends cancelled on us Unhappy

Speaking of names, we can try Frozen Fingers next year Tongue_out or "Frost bitten * insert body part*"

Just a thought.

I am really excited as this is my first event Grin
(Dec. 27, 2012  5:08 AM)Suntailhawk Wrote: Just posting to confirm my attendance. And my two friends cancelled on us Unhappy

Speaking of names, we can try Frozen Fingers next year Tongue_out or "Frost bitten * insert body part*"

Just a thought.

I am really excited as this is my first event Grin

Lets just hope this event isnt cancelled again i have a weird feeling about this tourney
Hey Kei, im new to this, but I'll be there for my first tournament. Can I buy the Beyblade Passport there? Also, Are you going to be selling any beys there?
(Dec. 27, 2012  5:08 AM)Suntailhawk Wrote: Just posting to confirm my attendance. And my two friends cancelled on us Unhappy

Oh no! That sucks. Is it because they're scared of the weather? We should still be OK for participants, though.

(Dec. 27, 2012  3:59 PM)BeyBladeBrosInc Wrote: Hey Kei, im new to this, but I'll be there for my first tournament. Can I buy the Beyblade Passport there? Also, Are you going to be selling any beys there?

Yup, you can purchase it from me and it'll be added to your profile after the tournament. And yes, I actually am:
  • BBG-17 Zero-G Random Booster Vol.2 Archer Gargole x9 - $16 each
  • BBG-22 Berserker Begirados SR200BWD x1 - $22 each
  • BBG-19 Zero-G String Launcher x5 - $13 each

First come, first served as always! I also have extras of some Chrome Wheels (Revizer, Oroyja, Saramanda, and maybe some others) that I'd be willing to sell. If you're interested in one of those, let me know, and we can work out a price.

Is everyone confident that they know how to find where we'll be playing? This is directed towards all first time players, of course. I only ask because I remember that Ken Rao apparently couldn't find the shelter where we play at one of our previous tournaments.
possible and any1 gonna be sellin bbg 27 and 26???
also if i come ill be selling 5 bb-10 stadiums for 45$ each
also kei do you think i could host tournaments in Milton its 1 hour away from toronto XD thats y i cant make it for tournaments i proposed to my mom that i take the subway and the go train or a bus but she said "NO"
(Dec. 27, 2012  9:29 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: possible and any1 gonna be sellin bbg 27 and 26???
also kei do you think i could host tournaments in Milton its 1 hour away from toronto XD thats y i cant make it for tournaments i proposed to my mom that i take the subway and the go train or a bus but she said "NO"

I don't even have either of those myself yet. Unhappy

LOL, what's so wrong with taking the Subway/GO Train/Bus? Most of us have to use a couple of those to get to where we usually play. As for hosting tournaments in Milton, possibly? You'd have to figure out where exactly it would be hosted, then all of us could see if it would be possible for us to make it there. Is there anybody else you know in Milton who would come to a tournament there, but not to one in Toronto?
I know how to get there, so there is no problem there, but lets say I buy a passport on December 29th, 2012, does it expire on Dec 29th, 2013 or December 31st, 2012? And, I think I'll buy the random booster while I'm there, thanks! Grin
(Dec. 27, 2012  10:23 PM)BeyBladeBrosInc Wrote: I know how to get there, so there is no problem there, but lets say I buy a passport on December 29th, 2012, does it expire on Dec 29th, 2013 or December 31st, 2012? And, I think I'll buy the random booster while I'm there, thanks! Grin
The passport will expire on the same day next year.
Sorry for all the questions, but last one, are there going to be any prizes? :p thanks and sorry
(Dec. 28, 2012  2:40 AM)BeyBladeBrosInc Wrote: Sorry for all the questions, but last one, are there going to be any prizes? :p thanks and sorry
There are always prizes (Well most of the time). But trust me Kei will have prizes.
(Dec. 28, 2012  2:40 AM)BeyBladeBrosInc Wrote: Sorry for all the questions, but last one, are there going to be any prizes? :p thanks and sorry

As I said in the first post:

Kei Wrote:Aside from competing for Faces, BeyPoints, and Credits, the prizes will of course be good!

Wink
I'm so pumped for this tournament, I won't have "FROZEN FEET". lame joke lol
Going to U.S.A, so I'm going to have some "Hyperblades" to use. Grin I may need to by reviser though... Uncertain

(Dec. 27, 2012  9:09 PM)Kei Wrote: Is everyone confident that they know how to find where we'll be playing? This is directed towards all first time players, of course. I only ask because I remember that Ken Rao apparently couldn't find the shelter where we play at one of our previous tournaments.

lol on my first time, i got lost for like 20 minutes trololololol
(Dec. 27, 2012  9:40 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2012  9:29 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: possible and any1 gonna be sellin bbg 27 and 26???

I don't even have either of those myself yet. Unhappy

LOL, what's so wrong with taking the Subway/GO Train/Bus? Most of us have to use a couple of those to get to where we usually play. As for hosting tournaments in Milton, possibly? You'd have to figure out where exactly it would be hosted, then all of us could see if it would be possible for us to make it there. Is there anybody else you know in Milton who would come to a tournament there, but not to one in Toronto?
yes there is a lot of bladers i know in milton at least 20 lol my friends and just other young bladers Tongue_out_wink im like the only one who made it to a toronto tournament before XD but yeah im pretty sure i cant make it official yet cuz i haven't contacted any of the bladers except my friends Tongue_out But ill try to do something fun for bladers in milton like me

I hope there are more Tourneys in Toronto tho, these seem fun! Also, I subscribed to some of you guys on youtube!
(Dec. 28, 2012  6:24 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: yes there is a lot of bladers i know in milton at least 20 lol my friends and just other young bladers Tongue_out_wink im like the only one who made it to a toronto tournament before XD but yeah im pretty sure i cant make it official yet cuz i haven't contacted any of the bladers except my friends Tongue_out But ill try to do something fun for bladers in milton like me

Oh, is that so? Try getting them to sign up on the WBO and posting that they're interested in a tournament in Milton. If you want to make it happen, you'll have to get at least eight Bladers to confirm that they can make it to a tournament, so they'll have to do it eventually.

(Dec. 28, 2012  10:31 PM)BeyBladeBrosInc Wrote: I hope there are more Tourneys in Toronto tho, these seem fun! Also, I subscribed to some of you guys on youtube!

Don't worry, there definitely will be! Maybe not in January because of the weather, but towards the end of February is usually when we get back into the swing of things with tournaments every month.
(Dec. 29, 2012  2:20 AM)Kei Wrote: [quote='1234beyblade' pid='1078818' dateline='1356715464']
yes there is a lot of bladers i know in milton at least 20 lol my friends and just other young bladers Tongue_out_wink im like the only one who made it to a toronto tournament before XD but yeah im pretty sure i cant make it official yet cuz i haven't contacted any of the bladers except my friends Tongue_out But ill try to do something fun for bladers in milton like me

Oh, is that so? Try getting them to sign up on the WBO and posting that they're interested in a tournament in Milton. If you want to make it happen, you'll have to get at least eight Bladers to confirm that they can make it to a tournament, so they'll have to do it eventually.

yeah but i dont have time now since exams are coming up :\ probably when it gets warmer and stuff ill get to work
Note: If you have a ZERO-G Stadium, please bring it!

I don't want to (and probably can't lol) carry more than two. And I'll also be bringing a BB-10 for free play. If you're going to be bringing one, post here so I'll know how many to bring myself.

See you all soon!
Hey Guys Today is the tournament (and I haven't even practiced or play for long) so hope to see you guys there. I'll be at the location around 12:30-1:00 okay see you
I might come can't find a ride
Packing and eating. Can't wait! Might buy BB-10 or RBV2.