Theflightyellz's Quick Guide to Plastic Dyeing

You could also use Spray
There's an obvious reason as to why he dyes them; so the carpin paint doesn't chip and wear off! It's more efficient to dye plastic for it absorbs the color permanently.
Would this work on non-clear wheels?
Btw, this is amazing.
The effectiveness of dying depends on the opacity of the plastic.
i dont get step for do we use fire or boiling or water or both i have no idea
where can you buy these in stores? ? pm me :"D
(Jul. 01, 2010  12:51 AM)xXxLawlzxXx Wrote: where can you buy these in stores? ? pm me :"D

If you're American try Wal-Mart and if Canadian I got mine in Zellers.
1: will this work on metal wheels?
2: if it does work on MWs, will it chip off if used in battle?
(Jul. 04, 2010  6:15 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: 1: will this work on metal wheels?
2: if it does work on MWs, will it chip off if used in battle?

As said previously, the dye can not permeate the metal.
[Image: DSC00141.jpg]
[Image: DSC00138.jpg]

This is a regular Storm Pegasus after I used some RIT 16 Tan dye. I believe there is a reason you're only supposed to use half the packet... I don't think this would have been quite so dark had I used half like the instructions say.
Were you deliberately using Tan to make a green? It looks quite good in the areas the light shines through, but it is a bit dark, haha.
(Jul. 05, 2010  2:38 PM)♥ Wrote: Were you deliberately using Tan to make a green? It looks quite good in the areas the light shines through, but it is a bit dark, haha.

No I was attempting to make it Tan I stupidly thought the dye would cover up the blue not mix with it. It's actually much worse than my camera made it look. I deliberately shot at the angles I did to show that yes it's not actually black, and in truth the track and bottom are actually closer to being full on black rather than that dark forest green. I think it turned out awful but I bought another bit of Tan and some RIT colour remover I don't know if it will affect the plastic but I hope it will otherwise I'm going to have to get pretty darn creative with what beys I dye from now on.
I think maybe you should just try to dye it completely black? Not sure how well the colour remover will work. Lesson learnt though, haha.
umm.. flight if i can call you that, can i use this method to re dye a red face bolt into blue for a custom wolf blade?
No.
If you try and use blue dye on a red part, it'll go purple, and probably a very dark purple at that unless you only put it in for a couple of seconds.
Your best bet is printing off the blue dark wolf sticker I just did for you in your previous thread, on to either sticker paper, or paper that you then glue to a face.
Wow this is nice. Must try this sometime. Anyone tried this on a launcher grip?
The BeyChannel Could make an instructional video on this since their lack of content.
(Jul. 19, 2010  5:28 AM)WhyHelloThere Wrote: The BeyChannel Could make an instructional video on this since their lack of new content.

Fixed.
So i got purple RIT dye and tried to use it on my bull plastic wheel ,c145(from flame sag.), and the white WB from Rock Leone and it did work for any of them i left them in for twenty minutes and still the only thing that slightly changed was the WB (tint of purple) i left simmering the whole time and was sure to stir the mix fully any suggestions on what i could do to actually make this work lol? thank you
You might not have used all the package and you really need to bring it up to a proper simmer where the water is bubbling a lot but not until the cover rattles. It's a bit of a fine line. Anyway completely ignore the RIT Colour Remover I just tried it for 12 min and it didn't do squat for the plastic.
I thought that might have been the problem also a quick question how much water should i use in the pot like enough to cover the parts or more? thanks for the answer and the info im sure now i know what i did wrong Pinching_eyes_2
(Jul. 23, 2010  1:35 AM)Letto-05-11 Wrote: I thought that might have been the problem also a quick question how much water should i use in the pot like enough to cover the parts or more? thanks for the answer and the info im sure now i know what i did wrong Pinching_eyes_2

I think it says on the packaging... something like 2 and a half cups? I almost fill the pot when I do it.
is this legal
(Jul. 24, 2010  2:24 AM)pegasis105rf Wrote: is this legal

Yes.