Staminathon - Burn and Thermal Testing

I managed to to scrounge up a new DF145, and since school's out, I figured I might as well do some testing on the relatively undocumented Burn and Thermal wheels. Flame is used as a control. As a side note, after the tenth round, the tracks and bottoms are swapped between the wheels as another control measure.

I'm taking a break. Afterwards, I'm going to repeat all this testing with Bull clear wheels on both to truly isolate the metal wheels' performance. Yeah, I'm a little obsessive.

EDIT: The tests were getting quite chaotic, so I organized them a bit.

Burn Wheel (Click to View)
Thermal Wheel (Click to View)
Burn Wheel vs Thermal Wheel (Click to View)
If you wanted to focus solely on Stamina, would it have been better to ignore Stadium KOs and to replace it with another round?

That is my only criticism of a potentially very useful resource, and I probably speak on behalf of the forum that we really appreciate you sitting through all this tedium!
I was thinking about removing stadium outs, but I figured it was interesting. I wasn't testing just for stamina, but looking for battle performance as well.

Anyway, break's over. I'll be back in maybe half an hour with more results.
Well, I guess it depends on what direction you want to take your tests, and the meaning you want to convey.
Hlaf an hour? I must be crazy.

Anyways, Bull results are up. I'm surprised that the Burn wheel did so well, and shocked that Thermal did so poorly.
Both are stamina blades, so you should do like this
(Aug. 02, 2009  10:43 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Shooting methods is another subject for this discussion and I believe it heavily affects accuracy in the long run. It can often generate or eliminate questions of bias in testing environment and skewer accuracy overall.

Alternating Launching or as I like to call it “Fire one, Fire two” is a method where one person starts each round alternating launching the testing combinations first and second.

EX:

Round 1: Tester launches MF Libra C145WB first then launches Quetz 90RF as quickly as possible after.

Round 2: Tester launches Quetz 90RF first then launches MF Libra C145WB as quickly as possible after.

Round 3: Tester launches MF Libra C145WB first then launches Quetz 90RF as quickly as possible after.

Round 4: etc, etc.

This particular method is generally used when one has no one else to test with; it forgoes typical battle conditions by having one beyblade launched first then another. Since in an actual battle, which the test is supposed to be preparing for, both beyblades are launched at once, this method is definitely not as accurate as it could be. Several factors weigh against it such as first beyblade positioning, launching from the same side of the dish, and first encounters.
Discuss!
I actually did that. I was just noting which one was launched first in the first round.
Could you possible test combos with the thermal and Burn wheels against top tier combos to see how they perform cause no has done that yet. Also it's very interesting to see how changing the clear wheel changes the match results completly for some wheels like bull. Also I guess this provides some evidence that Burn is better the Thermal for stamina and that we need to do much more testing to find whether Burn is a suitable candidate for a top tier stamina wheel.
I did a Burn Virgo DF145SD solo spin time and it was pretty much 6 minutes. Uncertain 5'55 to be exact.
I'd be guessing i don't have to do battle tests with all those insane information by Daegor42 up there Smile
It would be useful if you could do battles against the other types if you wouldn't mind.
If I get some free time, I'll try to do some more battle tests. Anything in particular you wish to see?
Burn Bull DF145WD/SD against Storm Pegasus 100RF and MF Lightning L drago CH120RF
Thermal Bull DF145WD/SD against Storm Pegasus 100RF and MF Lightning L drago CH120RF
Testing a stamina bey against an attack type tells you what, exactly? NOTHING...
Obviously testing stamina types against attack types cause they never battle especially not in tournaments.
What? Even mediocre attack combos beat most stamina types. Stamina blade testing is done best against known stamina combos to judge its performance..
If you think stamina types aren't supposed to battle attack types then you obviously don't have much understanding of this game In a proper battle if someone is using a stamina combo then the other one will use an attack combo to try and win. SO I want to see how these combos will hold up against a decent attack combo. If you hadn't noticed when someone fully tests a combo they to tests against each type. Why do you all find it so mind boggling that I want to test it against all the types when that is the way it is normally done?
Just saying, when you're choosing combos you're not allowed to look at your opponent's choosing as well.

It's also natural to expect a pretty high losing rate against attack types.

Having said that, I too would like to see some testing.
Because it's utterly pointless to test it against an attack combo. A stamina combination isn't supposed to withhold attacks from attack types -- that's what defense types are for. Stamina blades are supposed to outspin their opponents, not necessarily defend from an attacking RF-based blade.

How it performs against an attack type has no bearing on it's effectiveness as a stamina blade.
(Jun. 16, 2010  8:40 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: If I get some free time, I'll try to do some more battle tests. Anything in particular you wish to see?

How about Burn vs Earth (first mold)?
Yes it does because despite what you think blades are supposed to battle all types. Also Attack types make battles interesting. What you said there is all slightly true but mostly rubbish.
corey the whole point of beyblade is to test your combo skills and blading skills and the only way to do that is by testing to see if you achieved your goal that's why we enter tournaments to test our skill and if you do not understand that then you do not understand beyblade ya got it memorized
Thank you! I'm right! Anyway can we get back on topic now.
(Jun. 17, 2010  1:07 PM)aron101 Wrote: corey the whole point of beyblade is to test your combo skills and blading skills and the only way to do that is by testing to see if you achieved your goal that's why we enter tournaments to test our skill and if you do not understand that then you do not understand beyblade ya got it memorized

Yes, I get that.

The point is, all stamina types are going to perform pretty much identically against top tier attack types. Testing a stamina type against an attack type has no bearing on how good of a stamina blade it is.

How are you guys missing this.
We're missing that because it's a complete load of rubbish. Flame being a lightish wheel isn't gonna perform as well as Earth which is heavier. Also combo's perform differently against different wheels eg Lightning is gonna perform diffferently against a stamina type than storm. Can we just stop cause this is really tedious. What do you care if I find testing a stamina combo against an attack combo useful and you don't.
Try testing stamina vs. stamina, defense, or some libra variant.
Attack types should easily kick any stamina types out of the ring (unless you suck at launching), so it won't really give you any good data just 9:1, 8:2, 10:0 etc.