Stamina Wheel Testing

There doesn't seem to be a general consensus yet on which Stamina-based Wheels are the best. So I did some tests and have come to a quite clear conclusion. First, here are the tests:

STAMINA WHEEL TESTING
Attack Stadium
Alternating Shots
Right Launcher + Launcher Grip
B was used on all customs to ensure there were no discrepancies due to worn/mint SDs.
Pisces was used on both customs (when applicable) to ensure there were no discrepancies due to differing Clear Wheels.
The Earth used is first mold.
Virgo mold has a spin time of approximately 3:30.

Test Results: (Click to View)

Overall win percentages:
Burn overall win percentage: 87.5% (70/80)
Thermal overall win percentage: 61.7% (37/60)
Flame overall win percentage: 36.36% (20/55)
Earth overall win percentage: 28.3% (17/60)
Virgo overall win percentage: 11% (6/55)

I know Daegor also did some tests, and while I didn't look at those too closely, I do believe they were in Burn's favour, right? There were a few inconsistencies in the tests with certain Wheels beating and having trouble with others, but the main point of this is that Burn is the best Stamina Wheel available. There are situations where I would choose Earth for it's defensive qualities despite it's relatively low win percentage, but as a general rule, Burn is the Stamina Wheel of choice.

If nobody has an qualms with it, I will update the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos thread to reflect these results. This means Earth and Virgo will be removed (Earth's win percentage is comparable to Flame, but the tests of both of them facing off head to head were heavily in Flame's favour), and both Burn and Thermal added.
Hm, what mold of Virgo and Earth were you using?

EDIT: I may do some more testing myself, as I find it curious that Thermal has a 100% win rate against Flame here, but in my tests was inferior.
(Jul. 12, 2010  10:34 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Hm, what mold of Virgo and Earth were you using?

EDIT: I may do some more testing myself, as I find it curious that Thermal has a 100% win rate against Flame here, but in my tests was inferior.

Forgot about that, I'll add it to the OP.

I only did 10 tests because by that point I was getting quite bored, and it seemed redundant. It may not be totally accurate, but I believe it does prove Thermal's superiority over Flame.
What kinds of losses were Flame suffering from? Straight outspin, or Balance issues when getting under the Wheel?

It's great we finally have some clarity on this, haha.
Wow Kei, I give you props, for actually sitting through this FUN << sarcasm. tests.

But the thing I am just a little worried about is, yes maybe burn is the best stamina vs stamina wheel, but would the results differ if it was stamina vs attack.

And I am very suprised Flame did better than Earth and Virgo Pinching_eyes_2
Wow, great job with this test! Very interesting...I was sure Thermal was the best....
(Jul. 12, 2010  10:46 PM)♥ Wrote: What kinds of losses were Flame suffering from? Straight outspin, or Balance issues when getting under the Wheel?

It's great we finally have some clarity on this, haha.

Often it was balance issues when getting under the Wheel. It's why I've never liked Flame; it is the absolute worst Stamina Wheel to use against an Attack type. Not that you would ever want to do that lol, but yeah.

(Jul. 12, 2010  10:49 PM)Master Wrote: But the thing I am just a little worried about is, yes maybe burn is the best stamina vs stamina wheel, but would the results differ if it was stamina vs attack.

I'm just testing pure Stamina here. Like I said above, and as I'm sure you know, you never want to go into a match against an Attack type with a Stamina type anyways, so those results are irrelevant. If I had to do that though, I would definitely go with Earth.

(Jul. 12, 2010  10:55 PM)DrigerGT Wrote: Wow, great job with this test! Very interesting...I was sure Thermal was the best....

I was hoping it would be. I love Thermal. ;(
Would the 5 minute mold of Virgo fare substantially better? I know it's rare, but I think that, if it does indeed have a significant increase in the chances of it winning, Virgo should remain, but with an asterisk saying that it's only for the 5 minute mold or wtte.

Either way, this was really informative and we all appreciate your efforts.
I know Burn is the absolute best, but considering the other testing done regarding Thermal I think there needs to be a third batch of data so we have a true 2-1 against or for the wheel before it's totally confirmed and in the top tier list.
(Jul. 12, 2010  11:24 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Would the 5 minute mold of Virgo fare substantially better? I know it's rare, but I think that, if it does indeed have a significant increase in the chances of it winning, Virgo should remain, but with an asterisk saying that it's only for the 5 minute mold or wtte.

I don't know. It might affect it, but I think it's the shape of the Wheel itself that is inferior to the other Wheels. If someone who has one wants to do tests though, it would be appreciated.
(Jul. 12, 2010  11:37 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2010  11:24 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Would the 5 minute mold of Virgo fare substantially better? I know it's rare, but I think that, if it does indeed have a significant increase in the chances of it winning, Virgo should remain, but with an asterisk saying that it's only for the 5 minute mold or wtte.

I don't know. It might affect it, but I think it's the shape of the Wheel itself that is inferior to the other Wheels. If someone who has one wants to do tests though, it would be appreciated.

As an extension of this, does anyone even own a 5 minute mold Virgo any more? I think Brad had one at one point ...
great testing,always thought burn had alot of potinetal as a stamina wheel
(Jul. 13, 2010  12:45 AM)♥ Wrote: As an extension of this, does anyone even own a 5 minute mold Virgo any more? I think Brad had one at one point ...

Hurry up BB-89...
(I think)
(Jul. 13, 2010  12:45 AM)♥ Wrote: As an extension of this, does anyone even own a 5 minute mold Virgo any more? I think Brad had one at one point ...

I haven't ever heard of many people having them. I do believe G has one ...
Could you please do just one more stamina test?

Earth Pisces DF145B vs Earth Pisces DF145B
(First mold vs Second mold)

It may sound strange, but since the added weight is at the same distance from the spin axis as clear wheels, and it has been demonstrated that heavier clear wheels are better for stamina, the second mold of earth could have more stamina than the first one.
I have no true means of testing this out myself, I only have one of every viable stamina bottom. No one has really sat down and tested Earth mold-2's stamina properties.
Hey man, I think that we need to get an average for each of these wheels - don't know about Virgo because of the different molds (mine maxes out at 3mins, but usually 2.30 - 2.45) - before you alter the list.

Here are some of my results (Attack stadium, alternating launches, SD was used as they're worn the same):

Virgo DF145SD vs. Flame Bull DF145SD:
10 (3 KOs) - 10

Virgo DF145SD vs. Earth Bull DF145SD:
0 - 10 (I felt further testing here would've been pointless)

Earth Gemios DF145SD vs. Flame Bull DF145SD:
8 - 2
Earth Bull DF145SD vs. Flame Gemios DF145SD:
10 - 0

*I only just realised the above results (8 - 2 and 10 - 0) were both using Bull, but different colours. The real results are:

Earth Bull DF145SD vs. Flame Bull DF145SD:
18 - 2
If we're posting our own results up, there's also my Burn/Thermal testing which has quite a few Stamina tests.
I do have a 4'40 - 5' virgo ._.
My only virgo <3
^Agreed I've got near 3 and half with SF tip with a 6 cylinder rock!

EDIT: well last post noones up there now ):
(Jul. 25, 2010  10:22 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Can you possibly test 6 cylinder rock?

Just because this got shafted on the last page.
ok. ignore me. my virgo has miraculously downgraded itself to 4'
(Jul. 26, 2010  6:53 AM)Jerf Wrote: ok. ignore me. my virgo has miraculously downgraded itself to 4'

YOUR BEYSPIRIT HAS WEAKENED!

Maybe your bottom is just a lot more worn?