Screw Discussion

horogium is off balanced due to its hole where 3 should be
Just checked, it's not as good as pisces, it's thicker and wider in places. That said, it's probably the second best wheel for the job, so if people don't have pisces, then it'll substitute.

Rusty, having a two-sided cw on a 3 sided wheel is worse than a tiny missong piece of plastic. Balance isn't so relevant on rf attack beys, they're not outspinning anything anyway.
(Apr. 02, 2011  12:12 PM)RustyXD Wrote: horogium is off balanced due to its hole where 3 should be

um and that post has any effect on a post about opening metal wheel points, not balance

(Apr. 02, 2011  12:15 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Just checked, it's not as good as pisces, it's thicker and wider in places. That said, it's probably the second best wheel for the job, so if people don't have pisces, then it'll substitute.

lol i thought so, i dont have a pisces so yeah, i see if u put in a certain 180* point (like l drago) it has sumtimes the protrusions get in the way of the end small slope but in the 180 it doesnt really block at all but still i say its a substitute
It's still thicker than pisces at the edge, and appears to be in the way slightly more. That said, pisces has those spikes, but they're well clear of the slopes. And I may just be being too picky, it might not make a difference with that tiny extra thickness, if it doesn't pass a significant threshold on screw. I'd prefer pisces, but horogium is probably just about equally good (though pisces "teeth" might add or lose something against some beys, though I doubt you'd ever be far enough under a bey to use them). Horogium is probably perfectly fine, so great spot, thankyou Smile
Is this a wheel that definitely needs a metal face to function in battles?
No, quite the opposite, I explained a few pages back, an mf is only needed to decrease recoil, screw doesn't suffer major recoil. I backed this up with results which showed no improvement in using a metal face. It did do better than my first tests without a metal face against cs, but on repeating the tests, they came out equal. It also did worse with a metal face against rs.

That said, right spin attack beys are pretty useless these days, left spin can beat modern defense combos, while right spin can't overcome the weight and grip. That said, if you have screw, screw pisces/horogium 90rf is probably the best use for it. Keep in mind my testing was done against mfh earth aquario gb145 rs/cs, which is now badly outdated (though those results vs rs are still quite impressive.)
i though for destablizing horoguim would be off balanced my badConfused
and has any one tested this for destablizeing ?
A destabiliser uses plastic to destabilise generelly, though ldrago (pre hws) uses left spin and it's shape (not sure). This bey has too much smash to destabilise effectively.

By the way, screw still throws MF Libra GB145CS around. May need a metal face to drop recoil now though.

It appears MF Screw Pisces 90RF is getting double KO's against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS.........
That said, MF Vulcan Byxis 85R2F KO's it sometimes. I suspect both are due to the semi-aggressive movement of my CS. Actually, vulcan works against mint CS sometimes... It's nothing big, but if for some reason you don't have Lightning, Gravity or (maybe?)Vulcan and urgently need a strong attack bey, Screw Horogium 90RF might just do the trick. I say horogium here because it's probably more common than pisces, though I'm yet to try it.
Okay...so I've been messing around with my Screw. "Screwing around" if you will... I've noticed that it DOES have recoil. Has anyone else noticed this? I've heard that the bey doesn't require a metal face...I'm thinking it does. I'll post tests...
yeah i was playing around yesterday with my friends pisces clear wheel and screw against screw with horoguim ( we tested but forgot the perfect score, lol it was in a tt attack) both 90, RF and we did some test with each against burn bull ad145 wd
and pisces does provide more UPPER than horoguim, but still has some
(Apr. 03, 2011  2:27 AM)MeteorKing Wrote: A destabiliser uses plastic to destabilise generelly, though ldrago (pre hws) uses left spin and it's shape (not sure). This bey has too much smash to destabilise effectively.

By the way, screw still throws MF Libra GB145CS around. May need a metal face to drop recoil now though.

It appears MF Screw Pisces 90RF is getting double KO's against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS.........
That said, MF Vulcan Byxis 85R2F KO's it sometimes. I suspect both are due to the semi-aggressive movement of my CS. Actually, vulcan works against mint CS sometimes... It's nothing big, but if for some reason you don't have Lightning, Gravity or (maybe?)Vulcan and urgently need a strong attack bey, Screw Horogium 90RF might just do the trick. I say horogium here because it's probably more common than pisces, though I'm yet to try it.

I was very surprised to see MF Screw Unicorno 85MF literally throw MF-H Libra GB145CS over a stadium wall. I haven't seen it happen again, but I've gotten quite a few regular KOs from it. Against the same combo on RSF, the screw combo could rarely KO it..
Strange, you should post results.
(Apr. 03, 2011  10:26 PM)Dan Wrote: Strange, you should post results.

I'm sorry if it came off as having a high win rate. The Libra combo still wipes the floor with it, being that Screw is right spin. I was just surprised it managed to toss such a heavy bey over a wall. If you'd still like results I can do some tests.
I would actually, I may be a complete CS fanboy but results are results.
Here ya go Joyful_3

MF Screw Unicorno 85MF vs MF-H Libra GB145CS
Bey Launcher Used On Both, Libra Always Shot First
TT Attack
1 Draw, it was redone.

TIE GAME 5/5
Libra: 4 KOs, 1 OS
Screw: 2 KOs, 3 OSs

That is a very strange allocation of points for a defense vs attack game, but the reason is obvious. MF-H Libra GB145CS has a pretty strong smash attack. Has it been properly tested yet? If not, I'll get right to that cause I've been having a lot of fun with that combo,
MF actually seems to have pretty decent defensive qualities used in attack combos, you'd think XF would be better defensively, but it's movement is too crazy, and it slips over the ridge too often. (XF works better for getting outspins with left spin beys).

I think I tested that libra combo in the old libra re-testing thread, I think the link is still in my signature. It's outclassed defensively by Basalt+230/BD145 and Hell BD145, methinks, but yeah.

Screw actually does half-decently against libra. Basalt and hell have properties that make them much harder to beat, I'd expect a 10-20% win rate against Basalt BD145, Maybe a little more against Hell BD145 in boost mode, and maybe 1 win in 10 against Basalt 230, from a lucky hit if it gets Basalt to go to the ridge, as with basalt on a slant it could make contact.

ALSO, someone with proper scales needs to weigh screw. I'll weigh it later on my kitchen scales, but yeah. Methinks it's actually quite heavy, or at least rather compact Smile As I said, those are some SERIOUS chunks of metal on the sides Smile

I dunno about CW choice for MF, as exposing too much METULL might result in BR00TAL RECOIL. However, on RF, Unicorno was my first choice, however after examining it, it didn't expose the metal enough, and pisces seemed to be a better choice.
I did some defense testing with screw because it hasnt founf use in attack only destabilizing so here goes
VS high attackers
MF-H screw bull ED145CS VS MF Pegasis 145RF:
10-0 SCREW WIN RATE 100%! 6 KO's 4 OS's

VS mid attackers
MF-H screw bull ED145CS VS MF LLD CH120RF
6-4 screw win rate 60% 2 KO's 4 OS's

VS low attackers
MF-H screw bull ED145CS VS MF ray unicorno 100RF
7-3 win rate 70% 5 KO's 2 OS's

these are astounding results
(Apr. 04, 2011  3:45 PM)bigbangblaze Wrote: I did some defense testing with screw because it hasnt founf use in attack only destabilizing so here goes
[VS high attackers]
[/VS high attackers]

[VS mid attackers]
[/VS mid attackers]

[VS low attackers]
[/VS low attackers]

two of those combo's were outclassed (so for them they were not that outstanding), but the results vs LLD are very good for a non BD145 combo!
(Apr. 04, 2011  3:45 PM)bigbangblaze Wrote: I did some defense testing with screw because it hasnt founf use in attack only destabilizing so here goes
VS high attackers

VS mid attackers

VS low attackers

It HAS found use in attack, FFS how many times do I have to say it? PLEASE, people, before dismissing it's attack abilites LOOK AT MY POSTS, even just my testing. It might not be that great for attack nowadays, but nor is ANY right spin wheel, even vulcan is only SLIGHTLY better. Yeah, Vulcan. Aside from certain Hell combo's, and even then only MAYBE, it is the second best Right-Spin ONLY attack wheel. It CARPS on ray, and pre-hws pegasis is slightly behind IMO, at least on low tracks.

Anyway, I'm surprised by those LLD results. Not to be rude, but are you able to make a video or have someone verify your ability to sliding shoot? Screw has massive recoil, so I'd be very surprised if these results were right.

Also, test against LLD on CH145/145 and 85/90/100 instead of the outdated combos you used.

The only reason I can see this working is because Screw is rather similar to the concept of a Compact, but it has too much recoil, and the concept isn't so applicable/successful in MFB.
yeah I know so im just gonna test against these

MF-H screw bull BD145CS VS MF Gravity perseus H145RF
7-3 WIN RATE 70% 2 OS's 5 KO's

MF-H screw bull BD145CS VS MF meteo LDrago 85RF:
9-1 win rate 90 % all OS's
@bigbangblaze: im wondering, what did lightning seem to hit more, screw or ED145?

the reason i am asking is because IIRC it was found that ED145 is good vs left spin attackers
BD145 is doing the work there. probably blocked h145 as well, if you've got R145 try that instead, or use 145.
I still find it hard to believe. Again, can anyone vouch that you're slide-shot technique is adequate?
it hit screw in the rounds where screw counter attacked and THE OS's were when LLD hit ED145 I dont have my GB145 with me atm but I know ED145 still has great defense [IMO]
(Apr. 04, 2011  4:16 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Again, can anyone vouch that you're slide-shot technique is adequate?
go to my youtube channel see my sliding shoot in the vids where I use sliding shoot the newest one has that footage go ahead Smile and yeah I ll redo those tests with 145 I have my Rock girrafe on order
my sliding shoot is fine i use attack types A LOT
MF-H screw bull ED145CS VS MF Gravity perseus 145RF
6-4 win rate 60 %

MF-H screw bull ED145CS VS MF MLD 85RF
9-1 hmph same results 90% win rate

I dont know how it has this use and I also believe it has attack potential but its counter attacking could be its use in defense it was close to the exits but never went out easily
ED145 isn't as bad as everyone made out, but it's outclassed by BD145, for the most part.

I'll look later, and do some tests of my own today or tomorrow.
yeah ED145 isnt horrible it [IMO] evn outclasses GB145 dont hate Wink but with BD145 people wouldnt count the tests that much cause as you said BD145 would be working there