Q&A with the VAs of Zeo & Toby

(Oct. 09, 2011  2:52 AM)TriCat Wrote: Um, can joining my school choure work? We get vocal lessons. Can that help me with aditioning? I am thinking about doing Yuki's voice. If someone is already doing that part, can you tell me what parts are still pen and when the aditions are.

Think theater. Thatll help you with acting. Also why Yuki?
(Oct. 09, 2011  3:15 AM)TriCat Wrote: I dont know. Because he's a kid? Im a kid?

Im feeling it, Im feeling it. Also question:
Have you started Season 3 yet?
(Oct. 06, 2011  10:03 AM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: Thanks Grin

I hope it comes soon, I am planning to watch it ^-^

Ah so a female version of Zeo I am sure once the series is up there will be more awesome, unusual and downright questionable fanfic/art for you and Mac to see, I feel sorry for Fem!Faust in that pic being pestered by Jack there but maybe I shouldn't since this is Faust we are talking about here and they do say the females are deadlier than the males...

I think Toby is sweet from what I have seen of him so far I am pretty sure we'll all love him pinkish shirt, long hair and all hehe (and will make his transformation to Faust rather heart wrenching) and I am glad you enjoyed the challenge it does sound very interesting.

So basically whether it be your idols, those who help you, those who you help or fellow actors you guys all help inspire each other that is pretty sweet. Naturally I am pleased to hear that Mac has been prominent in that sense recently, A friend on DA says how Beyblade brings everyone together and it seems that includes the cast members Cute

Mel Blanc has made quite the impact on the voice acting industry.

The general thoery is that Nelvana will put two 15 min episodes together to make a 30 mins episode when it comes to dubbing them. It is just grating that TV Tokyo doesn't seem to think that either Beyblade or B Daman deserve their own half hour slot but then I don't know how broadcasting works.

And as per usual THANK you for answering them!!!! Grin

For many of us here Beyblade (be it Tyson's story or Gingka's story) was one of our fave shows we grew up with
My question is what were your fave show/s that you watched growing up?

Well, nothing is better than unusual and downright questionable fanfic/art. They can't scare me, I'm of the internet generation, I can't wait to see it.

Toby is sweet. When I went in to record it for the first time they played back my audition to make sure I matched the voice. The line was something like, "Hard work will NOT let you down." Every time I heard it I thought, "MAN, I hate hearing myself" of course then it was followed with, "Aaaw, he's so cute". I hope it's a little heart wrenching, then one can appreciate Faust.

I am also very glad to have become friends with Mac. I've become friendly with Scott McCord too. Hopefully I can get to know other cast members as well. Having a support system rules.

Mel Blanc was the greatest.

We'll see what they do. Whatever happens, I'm just glad to be back.

Well, you are welcome for the answering. Keep them coming! The more the better. I see there's another one.

Oh my favourite shows while I was growing up… this is… harder than the last question. I was a HUGE fan of the entire WB set from the early 90s. Batman, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Freakazoid, Pinky and The Brain (which one REALLY was the genius and which was the insane one? Think about it.) Ninja Turtles… I could go on and on and…. OH WISHBONE! I loved Wishbone. I'm such a fan of classic literature.

Heheh, thanks again for the question!
You're awesome.

(Oct. 09, 2011  12:45 AM)sum 472 Wrote: Where's Zeo-Mac gone? anyway I've got a question for him, what was the most emotional/heartfelt moment or scene that Zeo appears?

Mac has been quite busy, he hasn't abandoned you!
We talk about the forum sometimes. He promises to come back soon.
I usually post at around 2 am my time (which is when I have time usually). He's not an insomniac… so he doesn't have that luxury.

If I see him this Thursday night I'll bring my laptop and maybe he'll answer some questions.

(Oct. 09, 2011  2:52 AM)TriCat Wrote: Um, can joining my school choure work? We get vocal lessons. Can that help me with aditioning? I am thinking about doing Yuki's voice. If someone is already doing that part, can you tell me what parts are still pen and when the aditions are.

Joining a choir is certainly not a bad thing. It will build your pipes and get you used to breathing exercises.
Beyblade 4D is most likely fully cast, since I think they have already begun recording the season. I have no idea though, sorry.

To my knowledge Beyblade doesn't have open auditions. You'd need an agent in Toronto. There are always more cartoons though, so keep your chin up and keep practicing!

(Oct. 09, 2011  3:33 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Im feeling it, Im feeling it. Also question:
Have you started Season 3 yet?

I'm pretty sure Metal Fight Beyblade 4D has begun recording but I have not yet. Toby doesn't appear for a little bit. I'll find out about 3 - 6 days before I start recording.
(Oct. 09, 2011  4:06 AM)Toby_Faust Wrote: Well, nothing is better than unusual and downright questionable fanfic/art. They can't scare me, I'm of the internet generation, I can't wait to see it.

Toby is sweet. When I went in to record it for the first time they played back my audition to make sure I matched the voice. The line was something like, "Hard work will NOT let you down." Every time I heard it I thought, "MAN, I hate hearing myself" of course then it was followed with, "Aaaw, he's so cute". I hope it's a little heart wrenching, then one can appreciate Faust.

I am also very glad to have become friends with Mac. I've become friendly with Scott McCord too. Hopefully I can get to know other cast members as well. Having a support system rules.

Mel Blanc was the greatest.

We'll see what they do. Whatever happens, I'm just glad to be back.

Well, you are welcome for the answering. Keep them coming! The more the better. I see there's another one.

Oh my favourite shows while I was growing up… this is… harder than the last question. I was a HUGE fan of the entire WB set from the early 90s. Batman, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Freakazoid, Pinky and The Brain (which one REALLY was the genius and which was the insane one? Think about it.) Ninja Turtles… I could go on and on and…. OH WISHBONE! I loved Wishbone. I'm such a fan of classic literature.

Heheh, thanks again for the question!
You're awesome.

True it is cool to see what others come up with, even if it means brain bleach along the way XD!

The audition line certainly sounds very much in line with Beyblade I have to say and it is weird to hear your own voice come from somewhere other than your own mouth. I can imagine how sweet the line is to come from Toby considering his circumstances, I think it would make me want to hug Toby and tell him everything is gonna be fine and what not (Mother Hen strikes again...)

When it comes to characters I prefer sweet over sour regardless of power etc. (the fact that Max is my fave character from the original Beyblade is an example of this while most were/are fans of Kai/Blitzkrieg Boys) I find this also applies with how I see people in life.

Well I hope you get to know more cast members be it Beyblade or one of your other projects. Nothing beats having the support of people who go through the same as you and also you can swap notes Grin

Not only did he set the bar up for you guys but Mel Blanc pretty much changed how VAs were seen and treated (like getting credited for example).

Thanks again and I'll always try and think of a question for you and Mac...even if it is a silly question

I can see why it was hard, the stuff WB/Cartoon Network churned out in the 90s was of awesome quality and pretty much most of what I watched before discovering anime (oh Pokemon...) and hitting double digits. You can go on and on about your fave shows if you want to it is interesting to hear plus this is topically about you and Mac.

Unfortunately though most of today kid's shows are not what they used to be...

Benji that is a good question you brought up about Pinky and the Brain, while the Brain may be considered a genius his megalomania and short fuse would put him in the insane category while Pinky is just cheerful/hyper really and maybe a realist compared to the Brain making Pinky the genius. Genius doesn't have to be in the academic sense.

Wishbone I remember that, it's the show where the little dog of the same name would appear in story re-tellings.

Naturally I am gonna ask you now what is your favourite Literature? Tongue_out
Oh and what was your fave Batman episode?

You are welcome again ^-^ thanks for answering
Thank you for the compliment
For Faust, If Reji ever battled Faust, what would happen in the battle? Also, what emotional stuff would happen?
(Oct. 09, 2011  12:29 PM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: True it is cool to see what others come up with, even if it means brain bleach along the way XD!

The audition line certainly sounds very much in line with Beyblade I have to say and it is weird to hear your own voice come from somewhere other than your own mouth. I can imagine how sweet the line is to come from Toby considering his circumstances, I think it would make me want to hug Toby and tell him everything is gonna be fine and what not (Mother Hen strikes again...)

When it comes to characters I prefer sweet over sour regardless of power etc. (the fact that Max is my fave character from the original Beyblade is an example of this while most were/are fans of Kai/Blitzkrieg Boys) I find this also applies with how I see people in life.

Well I hope you get to know more cast members be it Beyblade or one of your other projects. Nothing beats having the support of people who go through the same as you and also you can swap notes Grin

Not only did he set the bar up for you guys but Mel Blanc pretty much changed how VAs were seen and treated (like getting credited for example).

Thanks again and I'll always try and think of a question for you and Mac...even if it is a silly question

I can see why it was hard, the stuff WB/Cartoon Network churned out in the 90s was of awesome quality and pretty much most of what I watched before discovering anime (oh Pokemon...) and hitting double digits. You can go on and on about your fave shows if you want to it is interesting to hear plus this is topically about you and Mac.

Unfortunately though most of today kid's shows are not what they used to be...

Benji that is a good question you brought up about Pinky and the Brain, while the Brain may be considered a genius his megalomania and short fuse would put him in the insane category while Pinky is just cheerful/hyper really and maybe a realist compared to the Brain making Pinky the genius. Genius doesn't have to be in the academic sense.

Wishbone I remember that, it's the show where the little dog of the same name would appear in story re-tellings.

Naturally I am gonna ask you now what is your favourite Literature? Tongue_out
Oh and what was your fave Batman episode?

You are welcome again ^-^ thanks for answering
Thank you for the compliment

Oh no brain bleach required. Heheh, I can handle it all.

Toby would welcome a big giant hug. (As would I. Hugs are fun!) Faust… not so much.

I always love meeting my cast members, I agree with you and I hope I get to hang out with all of them constantly.

Yes, Mel did set the bar… SO IMPOSSIBLY HIGH! It's amazing trying to strive to be up there. There has never been another voice actor who can even come close to touching his brilliance.

Shows haven't been the same since the 90s. Story lines are very different now, rarely do we see a season long story arc. Hopefully we'll see some return to that.

About Pinky and the Brain. Pinky was an idiot savant. He actually successfully took over the world twice and Brain messed it up both times. (Brain took over twice too, but one was a complete fluke and the other he destroyed his plan because of Pinky writing the most touching letter to Santa).
No, I don't actually remember EVERY episode… but my friend Adam does and we've been discussing it ever since I posted it a week ago.

My favourite literature… hmm.
Shakespeare is my favourite, hands down.
I have this habit of taking a complete works of Shakespeare book with me on every plane ride I take. It's a weighty tome and when I go on a brief 24 hour trip it can be a pain to take it with me. However, it's my reading material. This past May I went on a 11 hour plane ride, so my family bought me a Kindle. Makes Shakespeare a lot easier to carry.

My favourite authors from recent times would have to be Douglas Adams, Ernest Hemingway, Francis Scott Fitzgerald and a few others.
I'm currently reading The Sun Also Rises.

How about you? Do you have a favourite author?
I'd actually like to hear from EVERYONE who reads this topic! What authors do you like!? Please tell me you guys read…

I don't even have to think for a minute to remember my favourite episode of Batman, "Almost Got 'Im".
"THERE I WAS, hold up in this quarry, when Batman came nosing around. He was getting closer closer…"
"And?"
"I THREW A ROCK AT HIM!"
*Silence*
"So Harvey, what became of the giant penny?"
"It was a big rock…"

Again, thanks for the questions and general interest. I love it. Smile

(Oct. 09, 2011  8:53 PM)TheInGreek Wrote: For Faust, If Reji ever battled Faust, what would happen in the battle? Also, what emotional stuff would happen?
(Oct. 15, 2011  5:02 PM)TheInGreek Wrote: BUMP! Are they still answering Q's?

Hi there. Sorry for the delay, but if you look back you'll see that we usually take a while to let a few questions build up before we answer. Not to mention Mac has been so crazy busy. I haven't even seen him in the last few weeks.

To answer your question: I don't turn to stone when I lose.
Suzanne Collines! Aka Hunger Games person FTW!!!
Sorry if this question was already asked but,
(To both of you guys), Got a youtube channel? Mind posting what it is?
(Oct. 15, 2011  6:43 PM)Toby_Faust Wrote: Oh no brain bleach required. Heheh, I can handle it all.

Toby would welcome a big giant hug. (As would I. Hugs are fun!) Faust… not so much.

I always love meeting my cast members, I agree with you and I hope I get to hang out with all of them constantly.

Yes, Mel did set the bar… SO IMPOSSIBLY HIGH! It's amazing trying to strive to be up there. There has never been another voice actor who can even come close to touching his brilliance.

Shows haven't been the same since the 90s. Story lines are very different now, rarely do we see a season long story arc. Hopefully we'll see some return to that.

About Pinky and the Brain. Pinky was an idiot savant. He actually successfully took over the world twice and Brain messed it up both times. (Brain took over twice too, but one was a complete fluke and the other he destroyed his plan because of Pinky writing the most touching letter to Santa).
No, I don't actually remember EVERY episode… but my friend Adam does and we've been discussing it ever since I posted it a week ago.

My favourite literature… hmm.
Shakespeare is my favourite, hands down.
I have this habit of taking a complete works of Shakespeare book with me on every plane ride I take. It's a weighty tome and when I go on a brief 24 hour trip it can be a pain to take it with me. However, it's my reading material. This past May I went on a 11 hour plane ride, so my family bought me a Kindle. Makes Shakespeare a lot easier to carry.

My favourite authors from recent times would have to be Douglas Adams, Ernest Hemingway, Francis Scott Fitzgerald and a few others.
I'm currently reading The Sun Also Rises.

How about you? Do you have a favourite author?
I'd actually like to hear from EVERYONE who reads this topic! What authors do you like!? Please tell me you guys read…

I don't even have to think for a minute to remember my favourite episode of Batman, "Almost Got 'Im".
"THERE I WAS, hold up in this quarry, when Batman came nosing around. He was getting closer closer…"
"And?"
"I THREW A ROCK AT HIM!"
*Silence*
"So Harvey, what became of the giant penny?"
"It was a big rock…"

Again, thanks for the questions and general interest. I love it. Smile

Amazing! You really are unfazed Grin

Well big giant hugs are my specialty! I'll hug anyone who wants/needs them, when I first went to a anime con I hugged so many people (many carry signs saying free hugs) in such a short amount of time it was so sweet! Hugs are very much fun! I can imagine Faust would most likely try to kill me if I even attempt to hug him...at the very least if Faust's in his best mood he'd give me a stern look XD

I am sure a day will come where we have a voice actor who will achieve what Mel Blanc has maybe even more...

I have not seen all episodes of Pinky and the Brain, but it goes to show that sometimes the simplest methods go far compared to the complex methods. It just shows that the Brain goes over the top with his plans and also that deep down he really cares about Pinky and arguably Pinky is actually most important to him more important than his world domination plans.

I have only seen bits of Wishbone when I caught it as I was flicking channels.

Blimey complete works of Shakespeare in one book? I'd imagine it is quite weighty at least it makes a plane flight less boring, I do have to ask which of his works do you like best? At college back in 2006 the group I was in made a mini-movie called "The Tangled Web" or "Confused? You Will Be" which had elements of Twelfth Night with some Acorn Antiques thrown in. In our version both twins were male (played by the same student) and one of them IIRC got one or two girls pregnant and was dodging responsibilty so he disguised as a female model. I played the photographer who finds out about the cross-dressing twin and wants to out him out of prejudiced revenge (her family was conned by a cross-dresser) via photographic evidence of course. After being called out on it by the twin's father when she confronted him she ended up marrying the other twin believe it or not when she apologized to him thinking he was the one she was gonna out . Oh god I remember how much fun we had making it :'3 even our Course Team leader had a role in it... I apologize for going on a tangent like that ^^;

I had to look up what a Kindle is admittedly (I am not one for stuff too high-tech tbh) but yeah you'd be able to store Shakespeare and more in that little gadget which is brilliant for long flights.

How far are you on The Sun Also Rises? You are very much into your literature well what I get from your answer anyway.

Hmmm to answer your question (thanks for asking btw) I am not sure if I have a favourite author as I am more into the stories, but I'll read pretty much anything that sparks my interest (which can include fanfic, magazines, newspapers, travel books and even dictionaries etc.). Fave stories over the years include Gobbolino the Witch's Cat, Animal Ark series, Worst Witch series, Cat and Dog stories by James Herriot (I love animals hehe), most fairy tales and Momotaro the Peach Boy to name a few. What I love about Momotaro is that the book has the story in Japanese and English text, the art is a beauty and the folklore in that story with the demons/oni is awesome. I tend to like fantasy/supernatural/adeventure/comedy/animal genres when it comes to literature.

Ouuu that episode was voted one of the best by Nostalgia Critic. I can't say I have watched that episode but I watched quite a bit of Batman TAS as I grew up and for me stand out fave episodes are the 2 parter "Two-Face", "Baby-Doll" and the two Man-Bat episodes. I guess I like sympathetic villains hehe... oh and monsters too.

Again you are welcome and thanks, it is great to learn about you! I apologize again for the tangents but your answers make me dig up some memories from long ago.

Another question would be do you have any favourite singers/bands?

Why does Mercury Anubis(In the anime) change colors? Excuse me If this Is just one of those things that one would think they see, but doesn't. It's just, I see It change colors that's It. I would appreciate the help. Thank you.
(Oct. 22, 2011  9:08 PM)XMugenX Wrote: Why does Mercury Anubis(In the anime) change colors? Excuse me If this Is just one of those things that one would think they see, but doesn't. It's just, I see It change colors that's It. I would appreciate the help. Thank you.

... Neither Zeo nor Toby have anything to do with Mercury Anubius. Why would you ask the voice actors who do those characters ? Read the full title next time, not just "Q&A" like you just did ...
Well, I asked this first In Beyblade General->>Ask a question, get an answer! #2 and InfiniteLibra told me "Use the "Anime and Manga Question" thread in the Anime and Manga Forum." so I just listened to what he or she told me to do. Also I didn't say anything about the voice actors who do those characters. I asked why Mercury Anubis changes colors. So I came here because I, like you said saw the "Q%A" I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
Sorry for the bit of downtime on my part, all. I've been working on some things I might be sharing in the near future. Going to gradually try to get caught up here, in order. Much thanks to Toby for holding it down all the while.

(Aug. 26, 2011  11:32 AM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: mac I would say that is one of the best things for actors to be able to switch off especially if you are an actor still at school. Would you often have to come out of school for a session? How does it all get arranged? I have often wondered this about younger actors/VAs.

Oftentimes I was leaving school in the middle of the day, usually around lunch. And if there was enough time left after my recording session, I would go back to class and continue the day like nothing had happened. I was like Clark Kent/Superman up in there.

(Aug. 26, 2011  11:32 AM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2011  4:13 AM)Zeo Mac Wrote: Next I'd like to play a character who's in every single episode of any series.

No prob! You really do enjoy voicing characters from what you say here, I thought Lab Rat was an every episode character although I only saw bits here and there of Grossology in the past.

He was. I'd just like for it happen again. Steady work if my favorite kind of work.

(Aug. 26, 2011  12:53 PM)Chups Wrote: You guys saying 'Yeah I see Masamune sometimes' As if it's not a big matter. I'm not sure why this appeals to me so much but I am lost for words about this. Thanks a million times.

I totally know what you mean. For me starting out years ago, it was so surreal meeting the voices behind these "larger than life" characters. But we're just all regular peoples. Last time I met him for a couple minutes, we talked about Rush Hour movies and Dragon Ball Z.

(Aug. 28, 2011  2:25 PM)Sasodo Wrote: I have a questinon for both VAs. What's it like working on something as big as Beyblade?

I think it's really neat, and I really like this fanbase. I didn't grow up with Beyblade, but I know exactly what it's like to be really into an animated action series with a continuing story. For me, that show was Beast Wars: Transformers. Even with the limitations I had to work with, I spent a lot of time thinking about acting choices I could make to keep Zeo's character very interesting. Emotions I could hold back on, and save for another episode, etc. I wanted to tell his story in a way that'd make fans want to tune in each week, to learn more about him as more sides of his personality are gradually revealed.

(Sep. 02, 2011  2:53 AM)Cookies^^ Wrote: Q. How was it like auditioning for your roles? were there a lot of people auditioning as well?

I'm usually very cool and collected about auditions to the point where I don't remember them, but I was actually quite flustered that day. Arrived at the studio 30 minutes early, but due to printer issues, only got to practice with the audition scripts (or "sides", as they're called in the biz) for 2 minutes before the real audition. I tried for Zeo, the American Blader DJ, and because I asked to, Dr. Ziggurat. My friend Anthony and I were probably the 1st and 2nd actors trying out all day. I'm sure there were many, many other actors coming in that day, but I didn't get to see them. At least, none that I recognized.

Pronunciations were a nightmare for me on Zeo's audition. I'm sure it went something like:

"So you're GIN-GUH from GONE GONE GALAXY! What are you doing, MASA-MOON?"

BYXIS, I think I actually got right the first time... but having to put and extra "s" on the end and say "BYXIS'S"... not fun. No.

I also got the wrong idea about Zeo's personality at first, and thought I was playing a snobbish rival/bully like Roger Klotz from Doug, or Gary Oak from Pokemon. I'm extremely grateful that the director still liked my voice enough to trust me with the character. By the time I started my first episode, I'd done a lot of research, and really understood what he was all about.

(Sep. 08, 2011  5:21 PM)Sasodo Wrote: Zeo Mac and Toby Faust, was it fun recording your voices for these characters?

I've never had the chance to play a character on so many different emotional levels before, and was given a lot freedom with my performance, soooooo... I'm gonna go with total yes.
(Oct. 27, 2011  10:03 PM)Zeo Mac Wrote: Sorry for the bit of downtime on my part, all. I've been working on some things I might be sharing in the near future. Going to gradually try to get caught up here, in order. Much thanks to Toby for holding it down all the while.

Oftentimes I was leaving school in the middle of the day, usually around lunch. And if there was enough time left after my recording session, I would go back to class and continue the day like nothing had happened. I was like Clark Kent/Superman up in there.

Hi, welcome back Mac! No worries I had a feeling you were working/auditioning on stuff, hope things are going well for you! Thanks for answering our questions!

Interesting so it is sort of like leaving school to attend a medical appointment or something. Then to come back and resume as usual afterwards...I don't think I could do that, I'd be wired/buzzing for a good few hours. Pretty awesome that you can!

(Oct. 27, 2011  10:03 PM)Zeo Mac Wrote: He was. I'd just like for it happen again. Steady work if my favorite kind of work.

Well I do hope you bag such a role again. With steady work it becomes more meaningful in a way as well as more structured (you get to know your character well as well your fellow cast and crew)

(Oct. 27, 2011  10:03 PM)Zeo Mac Wrote: Pronunciations were a nightmare for me on Zeo's audition. I'm sure it went something like:

"So you're GIN-GUH from GONE GONE GALAXY! What are you doing, MASA-MOON?"

BYXIS, I think I actually got right the first time... but having to put and extra "s" on the end and say "BYXIS'S"... not fun. No.

Reminds me of when we had 2 or 3 different ways of pronouncing "Gingka" back in Metal Fusion with "Jinga" and "Jenga" being the prominent ones. I had a laugh with my friends/fellow fans about it and then drew these...

Based of a certain seasonal song that one prounciation reminds me of...

Gingka Bells!

[Image: Centennial_Devation_by_Kirst_Mizuhime.jpg]

I drew this based on a friend's quote I told her I was tempted to draw it so I gave into temptation XD...(it is under spoilers due to size)

I can imagine pronouncing these names are quite the challenge at first Byxis in particular seems a mouthful/tongue twister. Which word did you find the hardest to pronounce?

Benji said you found a pic of Female!Zeo, where did you find it? I have found a Female!Faust but not Zeo as of yet.
(Oct. 30, 2011  8:51 AM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: I drew this based on a friend's quote I told her I was tempted to draw it so I gave into temptation XD...(it is under spoilers due to size)

Wow... is this Ginga? what he has been turned into? This is HORRIBLE.XD

i would make a great masumne
mac do you get free beys of your choice if so that must be awesome
Toby_Faust/Zeo Mac, how far are you guys in dubbing Metal Fury? If I had to guess, I'd say you guys are like 13 episodes in.
(Nov. 14, 2011  10:01 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: Toby_Faust/Zeo Mac, how far are you guys in dubbing Metal Fury? If I had to guess, I'd say you guys are like 13 episodes in.

More importantly, tell Ryuuga to match the original anime's voice. SERIOUSLY. DO IT!
Hey everyone,
Excuse my prolonged silence… I stopped getting email updates and then today I decided to check the thread. I'll click on "Subscribe" again RIGHT NOW!

(Oct. 15, 2011  7:26 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Suzanne Collines! Aka Hunger Games person FTW!!!

Ooh, I don't know it, what's the story? What caught your attention to the story?

(Oct. 16, 2011  1:52 AM)Tris Wrote: Sorry if this question was already asked but,
(To both of you guys), Got a youtube channel? Mind posting what it is?

I do have a youtube channel, but there's nothing on it. Just a quick clip of the cartoon on which I am working.
I'm not really into posting things about myself or random videos.
I could if there were requests, but so far, nothing. (If you want to request something, please feel free.)

(Oct. 16, 2011  9:12 AM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: Amazing! You really are unfazed Grin

Well big giant hugs are my specialty! I'll hug anyone who wants/needs them, when I first went to a anime con I hugged so many people (many carry signs saying free hugs) in such a short amount of time it was so sweet! Hugs are very much fun! I can imagine Faust would most likely try to kill me if I even attempt to hug him...at the very least if Faust's in his best mood he'd give me a stern look XD

I am sure a day will come where we have a voice actor who will achieve what Mel Blanc has maybe even more...

I have not seen all episodes of Pinky and the Brain, but it goes to show that sometimes the simplest methods go far compared to the complex methods. It just shows that the Brain goes over the top with his plans and also that deep down he really cares about Pinky and arguably Pinky is actually most important to him more important than his world domination plans.

I have only seen bits of Wishbone when I caught it as I was flicking channels.

Blimey complete works of Shakespeare in one book? I'd imagine it is quite weighty at least it makes a plane flight less boring, I do have to ask which of his works do you like best? At college back in 2006 the group I was in made a mini-movie called "The Tangled Web" or "Confused? You Will Be" which had elements of Twelfth Night with some Acorn Antiques thrown in. In our version both twins were male (played by the same student) and one of them IIRC got one or two girls pregnant and was dodging responsibilty so he disguised as a female model. I played the photographer who finds out about the cross-dressing twin and wants to out him out of prejudiced revenge (her family was conned by a cross-dresser) via photographic evidence of course. After being called out on it by the twin's father when she confronted him she ended up marrying the other twin believe it or not when she apologized to him thinking he was the one she was gonna out . Oh god I remember how much fun we had making it :'3 even our Course Team leader had a role in it... I apologize for going on a tangent like that ^^;

I had to look up what a Kindle is admittedly (I am not one for stuff too high-tech tbh) but yeah you'd be able to store Shakespeare and more in that little gadget which is brilliant for long flights.

How far are you on The Sun Also Rises? You are very much into your literature well what I get from your answer anyway.

Hmmm to answer your question (thanks for asking btw) I am not sure if I have a favourite author as I am more into the stories, but I'll read pretty much anything that sparks my interest (which can include fanfic, magazines, newspapers, travel books and even dictionaries etc.). Fave stories over the years include Gobbolino the Witch's Cat, Animal Ark series, Worst Witch series, Cat and Dog stories by James Herriot (I love animals hehe), most fairy tales and Momotaro the Peach Boy to name a few. What I love about Momotaro is that the book has the story in Japanese and English text, the art is a beauty and the folklore in that story with the demons/oni is awesome. I tend to like fantasy/supernatural/adeventure/comedy/animal genres when it comes to literature.

Ouuu that episode was voted one of the best by Nostalgia Critic. I can't say I have watched that episode but I watched quite a bit of Batman TAS as I grew up and for me stand out fave episodes are the 2 parter "Two-Face", "Baby-Doll" and the two Man-Bat episodes. I guess I like sympathetic villains hehe... oh and monsters too.

Again you are welcome and thanks, it is great to learn about you! I apologize again for the tangents but your answers make me dig up some memories from long ago.

Another question would be do you have any favourite singers/bands?

Unfazed would be the name of the game. I'm glad my own mind is twisted enough to allow that privilege.

Hurray for hugs… Faust WOULD probably kill you, but Toby would just smile and give one back. Luckily I'm a Toby type of fellow.

Hmm, favourite Shakespearean work. I'm going to cheat here and ignore his wonderful plays and go with the Sonnets as a whole. If I had to choose ONE sonnet, I'd have to say 116.

That mini movie sounds AWESOME! You should post it somewhere, I'd like to see it.
Never apologize for tangents. Tangents are the reason we will never discover why "There was a bedside table and a single banana in the fruit bowl". However, we love the book anyhow. (IF you know the book from which this quote originates... WITHOUT looking it up… I'll uh… do something… or other)

I've finished The Sun Also Rises (of course by now), and have moved onto two dickens novels and two F. Scott Fitzgerald books. Reading all four is a task, but I read each depending on my mood.

I like your book choice. I'll have to check it out sometime.

If you like sympathetic villains… I don't know if you'll like Deadpan… he's… well… you'll see one day.

I went on a nostalgia kick a few days ago and started digging up my old VHS tapes of Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, and Ducktales (WOOO OOOO)
Always good to bump up against the mirrors of memory.

To answer your new question… I'll have to think hard.
Immediately Louis Armstrong comes to mind. Frank Sinatra. Bing Crosby. Many many more.
Also, The Beatles, The Animals, Bob Dylan, etc.
Beethoven, Mozart, etc.
And strangely enough, Disturbed. (I love many of his super personal lyrics)
I have a very eclectic taste in music.

Yours?

Please, go on more tangents and keep asking your questions.
Thanks again!

(Nov. 14, 2011  10:01 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: Toby_Faust/Zeo Mac, how far are you guys in dubbing Metal Fury? If I had to guess, I'd say you guys are like 13 episodes in.

You're probably about right. I haven't been called in to record yet. I'll post an update when we get there. Maybe get a picture with Mac if we record on the same day.

Again everyone, I'm sorry for the prolonged silence.
I hope you are all well.
All the best!
(Nov. 30, 2011  12:31 PM)Toby_Faust Wrote: Hey everyone,
Excuse my prolonged silence… I stopped getting email updates and then today I decided to check the thread. I'll click on "Subscribe" again RIGHT NOW!

Unfazed would be the name of the game. I'm glad my own mind is twisted enough to allow that privilege.

Hurray for hugs… Faust WOULD probably kill you, but Toby would just smile and give one back. Luckily I'm a Toby type of fellow.

Hmm, favourite Shakespearean work. I'm going to cheat here and ignore his wonderful plays and go with the Sonnets as a whole. If I had to choose ONE sonnet, I'd have to say 116.

That mini movie sounds AWESOME! You should post it somewhere, I'd like to see it.
Never apologize for tangents. Tangents are the reason we will never discover why "There was a bedside table and a single banana in the fruit bowl". However, we love the book anyhow. (IF you know the book from which this quote originates... WITHOUT looking it up… I'll uh… do something… or other)

I've finished The Sun Also Rises (of course by now), and have moved onto two dickens novels and two F. Scott Fitzgerald books. Reading all four is a task, but I read each depending on my mood.

I like your book choice. I'll have to check it out sometime.

If you like sympathetic villains… I don't know if you'll like Deadpan… he's… well… you'll see one day.

I went on a nostalgia kick a few days ago and started digging up my old VHS tapes of Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, and Ducktales (WOOO OOOO)
Always good to bump up against the mirrors of memory.

To answer your new question… I'll have to think hard.
Immediately Louis Armstrong comes to mind. Frank Sinatra. Bing Crosby. Many many more.
Also, The Beatles, The Animals, Bob Dylan, etc.
Beethoven, Mozart, etc.
And strangely enough, Disturbed. (I love many of his super personal lyrics)
I have a very eclectic taste in music.

Yours?

Please, go on more tangents and keep asking your questions.
Thanks again!

Hi Benji, don't worry about it.

That's a good thing, there is one yaoi (I'd say it is more fluff) pic with Zeo/Faust already on deviantart...XD!

That is good to hear that you are more like Toby than Faust, especially when it comes to hugs!

The Sonnets? Woah I can't say I have heard of those sounds like a long series I'd imagine *looks it up* oh a collection of poetry sounds very nice Grin I am guessing that the poetry part of his work is largely ignored which would be a shame if it was the case.

Our drama tutor said we'd all get copies of it on DVD but we never did get them T-T it was like we were shown the end result a few times and then that was it. I am not happy about it as all I have to remember the project is my memories and probably some folder stuff but that's it. You see we actually created the characters we played based on Shakespeare character archetypes for example my character named Ellie Flash (cringeworthy pun I know) was the jester archetype IIRC. Funny thing is my companion who did a different drama project with the same tutor in the same year (in this case the group he was in did a music video) actually got a copy of his group's music video so I don't know why my group didn't get copies of our mini-movie. You know something though I want to see the mini-movie again...

Thanks, and sorry to say but I have no idea which book the quote has come from. I'll have a think about the quote though because it does sound interesting and rather intriging.

Great to hear that you have finished The Sun Also Rises, I am quite amazed you plan to read four novels at the same time (not literally at the same time) it does sound like a task I have to ask though if you read each depending on your mood does that equal one novel each for a different mood? Random I know...

Thanks my tastes are a little unusual mind you.

Oh does this mean we may get to see Deadpan someday? It depends on characteristics for me I guess.

Oh goodness you have your VHS tapes still??!! Now I really wish that I had kept hold of one tape which was a movie called Care Bears Adventure in Wonderland *which conicidentially like Beyblade is done by Nelvana* I'd watch it again and again when I was younger and I used to think of going on a school trip to the town park as a simlar adventure to it (the fact that it has a part named "Wonderland" does not help) XD! No kick is stronger than one of nostalgia I mean last week I was looking up Chipmunks stuff (after watching the live-action film with my mum) and this week it's been all Digimon (after watching an episode from the first season last Wednesday) yes it really is good to bump up against the mirrors of memory. And thanks I think I have the Ducktales theme in my head now XD! I do find that being in one's 20s does make you feel more nostalgia kicks at least that is what I think.

You have a varied taste in music, I love music from the 80s in particular with some 70s thrown in, retro game BGMs (I did say my tastes are a little unusual) , a bit of Reggae especially in the Summer, nature intrumental music, relaxing intrumentals, ambient music and some of the instrumentals by Jean-Michel Jarre to name some sometimes I do prefer instrumentals as some lyrics I hear in some modern songs really grate on my nerves. I also LOVE the cheesy Christmas songs (from the 70s/80s in particular) which we are going to hear alot of now for a month!

Favourite group would be Queen (I grew up hearing alot of their music as some of my family are also Queen fans) and favourite singers would be Kate Bush, Kylie Minogue, Ali Campbell of UB40 fame, Lady GaGa and of course Freddie Mercury. Other than what I have mentioned I usually like songs rather than who sings them it depends what catches my ear I guess.

Thanks again for asking, answering and for not minding my tangents XD! and you are welcome hope you are well too!

Question for Benji and Mac
OK so have you ever had a role which meant filming/recording over the holiday period?

These questions are for everyone to answer as well as Mac and Benji, is everyone looking forward to this month's festivities? What are your plans?
just a few more episodes left in the US english dub before your characters appear! Any thoughts on this? Will you watch your premire on TV as these characters?

Can i just say that as a whole, i am very impressed with how the voice acting with most of the cast has improved since season 1. Some work needed still, but better nonetheless. the 2 of you most have rubbed off on them somehow =D
Toby_Faust, if possible... Mind uploading some Metal Fury clips on your Youtube? ;D.
(Dec. 01, 2011  1:05 PM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: Hi Benji, don't worry about it.

That's a good thing, there is one yaoi (I'd say it is more fluff) pic with Zeo/Faust already on deviantart...XD!

That is good to hear that you are more like Toby than Faust, especially when it comes to hugs!

The Sonnets? Woah I can't say I have heard of those sounds like a long series I'd imagine *looks it up* oh a collection of poetry sounds very nice Grin I am guessing that the poetry part of his work is largely ignored which would be a shame if it was the case.

Our drama tutor said we'd all get copies of it on DVD but we never did get them T-T it was like we were shown the end result a few times and then that was it. I am not happy about it as all I have to remember the project is my memories and probably some folder stuff but that's it. You see we actually created the characters we played based on Shakespeare character archetypes for example my character named Ellie Flash (cringeworthy pun I know) was the jester archetype IIRC. Funny thing is my companion who did a different drama project with the same tutor in the same year (in this case the group he was in did a music video) actually got a copy of his group's music video so I don't know why my group didn't get copies of our mini-movie. You know something though I want to see the mini-movie again...

Thanks, and sorry to say but I have no idea which book the quote has come from. I'll have a think about the quote though because it does sound interesting and rather intriging.

Great to hear that you have finished The Sun Also Rises, I am quite amazed you plan to read four novels at the same time (not literally at the same time) it does sound like a task I have to ask though if you read each depending on your mood does that equal one novel each for a different mood? Random I know...

Thanks my tastes are a little unusual mind you.

Oh does this mean we may get to see Deadpan someday? It depends on characteristics for me I guess.

Oh goodness you have your VHS tapes still??!! Now I really wish that I had kept hold of one tape which was a movie called Care Bears Adventure in Wonderland *which conicidentially like Beyblade is done by Nelvana* I'd watch it again and again when I was younger and I used to think of going on a school trip to the town park as a simlar adventure to it (the fact that it has a part named "Wonderland" does not help) XD! No kick is stronger than one of nostalgia I mean last week I was looking up Chipmunks stuff (after watching the live-action film with my mum) and this week it's been all Digimon (after watching an episode from the first season last Wednesday) yes it really is good to bump up against the mirrors of memory. And thanks I think I have the Ducktales theme in my head now XD! I do find that being in one's 20s does make you feel more nostalgia kicks at least that is what I think.

You have a varied taste in music, I love music from the 80s in particular with some 70s thrown in, retro game BGMs (I did say my tastes are a little unusual) , a bit of Reggae especially in the Summer, nature intrumental music, relaxing intrumentals, ambient music and some of the instrumentals by Jean-Michel Jarre to name some sometimes I do prefer instrumentals as some lyrics I hear in some modern songs really grate on my nerves. I also LOVE the cheesy Christmas songs (from the 70s/80s in particular) which we are going to hear alot of now for a month!

Favourite group would be Queen (I grew up hearing alot of their music as some of my family are also Queen fans) and favourite singers would be Kate Bush, Kylie Minogue, Ali Campbell of UB40 fame, Lady GaGa and of course Freddie Mercury. Other than what I have mentioned I usually like songs rather than who sings them it depends what catches my ear I guess.

Thanks again for asking, answering and for not minding my tangents XD! and you are welcome hope you are well too!

Question for Benji and Mac
OK so have you ever had a role which meant filming/recording over the holiday period?

These questions are for everyone to answer as well as Mac and Benji, is everyone looking forward to this month's festivities? What are your plans?

I saw the yaoi fluff picture on DeviantArt and then posted it to Facebook… I tagged Mac in it too. Heh.
I hope you've read a few of the sonnets and are enjoying them.
You're right, many of them are ignored, however, a few of them are EXTREMELY well known. (18 - Shall I compare thee to a summer's day, 130 - My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun,)

The movie does sound intriguing… and if you throw in a Shakespearean aspect, well, you've hooked me! Call the teacher and find out if you can get it. "PLEASE GIMME MY MOVIEEEEEEEEE"

The book is The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul from Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently series. An amusing story to go with that quote is that he had mentioned it specifically. His editor had asked why it was there. Douglas smiled his big smile and said, "You'll see". At the end of the book his editor said, "So… what about the banana?" At that point Douglas had gone on so many tangents in the book that he clean forgot why he put in the banana. He left it in the book in case he remembered one day.

I'm currently reading A Tale of Two Cities, The Great Gatsby, and Great Expectations. I removed the other F. Scott book because the Dickens ones are very heavy and require more attention.
The Great Gatsby is a book I loved when I was younger and I haven't read it in a while. I'm reading it AND listening to it via audiobook whenever I'm driving for a while with one of my friends; he has never read it.

Always closer to seeing Deadpan, one day we hope!

It's good being in your 20s going through nostalgia. My best friend sometimes likes me to feel old. For example, I remember being in the theatres in 1989 watching Batman. He'll randomly come up to me and say, "Batman was in theatres OVER 20 years ago." Sometimes he'll say, "The 80s (90s) were 30 (20) years ago."

Good to have a wide taste in music. What are BGMs? I presume video game music. Which to be honest, those play in my car quite a bit.
I like some Christmas music. John Lennon and Paul McCartney have my favourite (Happy X-Mas [War is over] and Wonderful Christmastime).

I love Queen, I've been singing some of their songs on my way to auditions lately. Specifically, Don't Stop Me Now.

(I took about a 45 minute break in writing this listening to different Queen songs on my computer and watching some videos on YouTube)

Luckily, I have never had to record over the holiday season. Not that I'd be particularly opposed to it. As long as it doesn't conflict with my family time, I wouldn't mind it.

Hurray for the holidays. Most of my family will be out of town this year, so I'll be rocking it solo style.

How about you?

Keep asking them and I'll keep answering them. Tangents are always welcome.

(Dec. 07, 2011  12:16 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: just a few more episodes left in the US english dub before your characters appear! Any thoughts on this? Will you watch your premire on TV as these characters?

Can i just say that as a whole, i am very impressed with how the voice acting with most of the cast has improved since season 1. Some work needed still, but better nonetheless. the 2 of you most have rubbed off on them somehow =D

I'm not really looking forward to it. I am NOT a fan of watching or hearing myself. The reason I'm not looking forward to it is that I PROMISED Mac I'd watch at LEAST our first episode with him.
I'm SURE it'll be great. I'm positive it'll be fun. I'm just also certain I will be overly critical of myself.

I'm glad the cast and voice acting is so much better in your opinion.
I had a family gathering today and my cousin's 8 year old son went on a Beyblade RANT for about 2 hours. Asking me a thousand questions. His older brother came up and said, "I don't like the show but at least the voices are cool." That made me laugh.

I really hope you enjoy it when it goes to air.
I'll be looking forward to your comments about it long before I see it. Heh.

(Dec. 19, 2011  7:28 AM)Tris Wrote: Toby_Faust, if possible... Mind uploading some Metal Fury clips on your Youtube? ;D.

If I'm not mistaken Metal Fury is the new season… of which I have yet to record a single episode.
Once I do, though, I won't be getting a copy of it or of my recordings. If I do get anything it will be after it airs.
Sorry about that.

Happy holidays everyone!
All the best and be well!