[Proposal] Unlimited Ruleset - Bridging The Divide

Poll: Should we add the Unlimited Ruleset as an option?

Yes
91.07%
No
8.93%
Total: 100% 56 vote(s)
This proposal follows months of community discussion around the topic of adopting WBBA rules, particularly wall bounce, and the potential for bans on things such as BDr/MBD in BST and RDF in MFS clashing with hesitation towards banning parts from "Standard" formats. It also aims to provide a starting point for how we handle Beyblade X

CrisisCrusher07 made a very clever proposal - basically two different Standard formats, and with input from a broad range of people including but not limited to Shindog, Wombat, Beyblader101_, originalzankye, Cake and many others, I have sought to collate and synthesise these ideas into a proposal that I hope will satisfy many of the concerns and wants of players on the various sides of these issues, which have become extremely heated, divisive and time consuming for the community and even staff.

The proposal is to introduce a ruleset which brings us closer to the wbba, removing WBO-imposed limitations on gimmicks and gameplay elements, and incorporating the approach to standard which resists banning parts for format health and only doing so when parts are truly game breaking. It would still keep some rules the same as the WBO (many, in fact, just because the rulesets are not worlds apart) but generally only those which relate to the practicalities of running a tournament with our player base and scale (which is why we can't 1:1 the wbba rulebook). Other aspects like 5G format where we differ from the wbba should be handled in different proposals - we have already had a lot of discussion about those and I think if anything this will help encourage getting these done too. Ideally, we could launch 5G alongside launching the Unlimited Ruleset to bring us really close.

Alongside this would be a change of our ideological approach to current "Standard" formats more like we (intend to) approach Limited formats - policing parts that are dominant but don't necessarily break the format entirely, just severely hurt game balance or diversity. For example, BDr/MBD in BST, RDF in MFS, F230+CF/GCF in Zero-G, parts which have seen calls for bans for a while now (of them, only F230CF/GCF is currently banned). This is facilitated by the legality of parts in the Unlimited ruleset still providing options for players to use them.

The Unlimited Ruleset will also give us a way to quickly approach Generation X and fully embrace what Takara Tomy do with it, while we also work on our own standard format where needed, allowing us to be up and running as fast as possible (ideally launch day).

Some have questioned why we should have our own rules at all - aside from the practical rulings I've mentioned, I think a lot of them may not be aware of non standard formats we successfully run for which there isn't a wbba equivalent at all!
If we go back a generation to MFB, by far the most popular format worldwide - not even just on the WBO, is Metal Fight Limited. It may shock some of you to find out this format was made by the WBO - myself and Ingulit along with input from a few others basically locked ourselves in our rooms for weeks to design a format - the first of its type, and the format which eventually came from that eclipses in popularity any Metal Fight format made by Takara Tomy or Hasbro. It has historically been highly regarded for the balance of its gameplay and the variety of viable parts it allows through the vetting of its banlist, which we do change from time to time in response to shifts in the metagame (for example, there is current discussion about which avenue to take with certain parts based on recent developments - developments still happening roughly a decade after the parts were released, which is the kind of continuing support and oversight not offered by organisations focussed on selling their latest products). Based on this, I think we do have grounds to say we can, and even should, be managing a Latest-Release ("Standard") format in the same way. At the very least, even if we did follow the manufacturer rules, it doesn't resolve the demand for a more curated experience - we must acknowledge that there are large numbers of people on either side of this discussion and come together to find a solution.
One additional point is that the wbba still do not allow the use of Deathscyther, Dark Deathscyther, or Maximum Garuda with any other god chip than its own or an MGC - the Ultimate Ruleset allows us to work around this, as well as allowing bans made for safety reasons (like the use of the 12 Core Disk without an armor, or the recently banned MS Performance Tip, or the ban on use of Plastics releases in HMS, which was still permitted by the BBA at the end of the series).

Enough of the why. Here is a link to the proposed Ruleset. Alternatively there is a slightly less pretty version below. Please, PLEASE read the ruleset (and the rest of this post) before responding or voting in the poll. I have aimed to address as much as possible.

Unlimited Ruleset

What is the Unlimited Ruleset
The Unlimited Ruleset is an alternative set of rules and banlist aiming to provide a format closer to that used in the wbba, removing restrictions on parts and gimmicks as well as certain changes to gameplay that are made for balancing reasons in World Beyblade Organization Formats. In doing so, it allows for more active management of World Beyblade Organization formats by providing a Ranked environment where parts that may be considered too powerful or centralising for use within the Standard Ruleset may still be utilized.

Banlist Changes
The Banlist for the Unlimited Ruleset for formats where a wbba equivalent exists (Burst Standard, Metal Fight Standard, Zero-G Standard, HMS) will consist of parts banned from both WBO Standard and wbba formats and any parts banned for safety reasons (e.g. the MS Performance Tip).

A comparison of Banlists is as follows:

[Image: OzW5w6M.png]

Global Ruling Changes
  • N.B. These rules do not override the Stadium Rulings section of the Zero-G Format Rulebook.

Play Area
  • The Play Area is considered to be the entire Stadium.

Launch Area
  • Beyblades must be launched inside the Launch Area
  • The Launch Area is the area of stadium floor bounded by the stadium walls, or in the case of stadiums with shroud components the stadium floor directly below and bounded by the shroud’s top opening.
  • In stadiums with entry ramp structures which slope towards the central Play Area (such as the Beystadium Triple Battle Type), these are also considered Launch Areas.

Knocked-Out
  • A Beyblade is knocked-out when it touches a surface outside of the Stadium (e.g. ground, cardboard box wall).

Burst Formats Ruling Changes
All Dual Spin Parts
  • A maximum of one dual-spin Layer configuration may be used per Deck (or set of presented Beyblades in P3C1 Match Type).
  • After a combination has been submitted for inspection, the mode of a dual-spin part may be changed in line with the rulings for Parts with Multiple Modes.

Part Attachments (e.g. Xtend+ Chip, +X, +Z, DB/BU Gears)
  • All Attachments to be used for the Match must be attached when submitted to the judge for inspection.
  • +X, +Z, Disc Frames, Armor Tips and Level Chips, Union Swords, Infinite Sword, Infinite Shield, and Zest Armor may be removed or re-added before or between Battles, and doing so is treated as a Mode Change in line with the rulings for Parts with Multiple Modes.
  • Other Attachments (e.g. Xtend+ Chip, DB/BU Gears) cannot be removed from a Beyblade for the duration of a match once it has been submitted to the judge for inspection.
  • If an Attachment comes off during battle, the opponent is awarded 1 point.

Metal Fight Formats Ruling Changes
Gravity Metal Wheel Mode Change Restrictions
  • The spin direction of the Gravity Metal Wheel may be changed at any point before a match begins, or between rounds within a match.
  • If two players wish to change spin directions at the same time, they must turn around and do so in secret before continuing the match.

*Regarding play area, I will have a separate proposal for this for staff that aims to deal with it a best as possible.

At the end of the day, this proposal is about giving organisers the freedom to choose the best ruleset for their particular tournament, while keeping things as clear as practically reasonable for players - keeping things condensed into a single additional ruleset rather than having a sprawl of different optional clauses. Yes, this would not resolve some concerns about having different rules within the same ranking system, but there is no solution that won't cause hurt to a significant number of people if we do not allow some degree of compromise. To me, that compromise is keeping things more controlled than an 'open slather' approach, and sticking to rulesets that have their own grounds for legitimacy - similar to how we have BSC and BST in the same rankings.

And for any more questions on the 'why' of having our own format, I would defer to The Supreme One who made one of the single best statements I've read about the WBO in my time here.

(Mar. 27, 2023  12:21 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Appreciate your taking the time to write these proposals out! When it comes to blanket adopting WBBA rules, however, I respectfully have to disagree. Unfortunately, Takara Tomy has shown us time and time again that they don't have the time nor the financial incentive to make decisions that are consistently positive for the competitive community. As a fan-run organization, we have the unique opportunity to take what we like and leave what we don't when it comes to the WBBA's ruleset in order to improve the tournament experience from both a competitive and enjoyability standpoint.  Rule addendums like the wall bounce rule have generally received positive feedback from the WBO community because they address WBBA oversights and better reflect the play style that our community enjoys.

While I'm sure we all wish we had our own version of the WBBA in the West, I'm grateful for the autonomy that being a grassroots organization affords. Can't speak for anyone else, but I look forward to seeing how we can come together and learn from our experiences with Burst to unlock Gen X's true potential when the time comes :)

Thank you all for your consideration. I look forward to your thoughts, and, hopefully, an end to much of the division that has plagued our community for a while now.

(Also to be clear, this isn't an April Fools thing, it's basically over where I am)
I said this before but this I see as a good win, this works to those that prefer WBBA ruleset and those that prefer WBO ruleset I think having optional like this is the best idea for quality of life for WBO events for people to enjoy.

If I could like a post multiple times I would do it already.
I really hope this goes through, been waiting on these changes for a while! Hypeee
I can’t wait to see how WBBA rules will look when we’re playing with these rules.
Absolutely a W and you have all my support. The community deserves to be able to curate what they believe is a game ruiner and, ironically, letting bans happen in a healthy way seems like the only way that we can be unshackled as a community.
I truly believe this to be the best course of action. It is a compromise that caters to not just both sides of the BDr debate, but it also accounts for the concerns of those who wish to have a more WBBA-like experience under the WBO. Thank you to all of the great minds who got together to create this masterpiece of a proposal, and I genuinely hope it becomes a reality.
I see this as an absolute win, espesially bdr ban. It's acctually very close to what smogon does with pokemon being a fan run organization and having whats basically our standard format, which they call ubers, but they have banned things from it and made anything goes (only a few things and banned but hurt meta greatly)
100% on board with this, I love having more options to play the game we all love the way we want to.
i am very agreeing with this proposal! i think it would satisfy Bladers on each side of the argument 👍

at first, i was always hesitant agreeing on creating even more new formats because ranking would then not be standardized
but after a while i understand the perspective on the other side.
like th!nk said, "this would not resolve some concerns about having different rules within the same ranking system, but there is no solution that won't cause hurt to a significant number of people if we do not allow some degree of compromise. To me, that compromise is keeping things more controlled than an 'open slather' approach, and sticking to rulesets that have their own grounds for legitimacy - similar to how we have BSC and BST in the same rankings."

if this gets approved, i'm definitely gonna host both formats back-to-back. 👍🖖
Just making sure this is ranked right? If so then it’s a W, cause I think that’s all people really wanted was to get another format that gave us points and not involve BDR!
(Apr. 01, 2023  9:24 PM)lil-iz Wrote: Just making sure this is ranked right? If so then it’s a W, cause I think that’s all people really wanted was to get another format that gave us points and not involve BDR!

If the proposal is accepted it would be ranked, however as of now all it is a is a proposal.
(Apr. 01, 2023  9:26 PM)ICrazyEater Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2023  9:24 PM)lil-iz Wrote: Just making sure this is ranked right? If so then it’s a W, cause I think that’s all people really wanted was to get another format that gave us points and not involve BDR!

If the proposal is accepted it would be ranked, however as of now all it is a is a proposal.
K thx, As long as mobius (also bdr version) and drift (not bdr) stay in the format I’m ok with this,  cause It’s difficult to find good opposite spin drivers.
Agreed 😎 100%
(Apr. 02, 2023  2:35 AM)StayCool Wrote: Agreed 😎 100%

Really relieved to hear this, was actually really unsure how you'd feel about it - I very much considered your thread while working on it Smile
I like Burst GT for a number of reasons (easier to get a decent collection for cheap, nice layers), how does it fit in with this proposal?
(Apr. 02, 2023  3:03 AM)Guelerme Wrote: I like Burst GT for a number of reasons (easier to get a decent collection for cheap, nice layers), how does it fit in with this proposal?

So non "Standard" formats are less affected and just get the ruling change part of the format rather than any Banlist alterations. The 2 most notable part for BGT would be the ability to remove attachments and the ability for parts to dual spin.

For attachments, Zn' has better same spin without the chip on most layers and most match ups, and there are times where one might want to remove a frame (unite' or keep', one of them, does some match ups better without it).

For dual spin, Gravity Perseus becomes a bit scarier - not a tonne scarier, but a bit scarier which is honestly good because judgment suffers a little from rebounds. The other big winner is lord, but not for stamina - instead anti attack lord (00e qc') becomes a lot better. Lord and Master and other spriggans get to do funny dual spin stuff too but master is only really good in left and lord is... Honestly not as scary as people used to think.

Obviously the rules regarding play area, KO and launch area would also apply.

It definitely makes a difference, but I've tested most of it and it shouldn't be game breaking. Some formats may play better or worse than others with these rules (which is why it's nice having them be optional), I think GT is one of the situations where you actually get a really nice and quite distinct alternative format without any Banlist changes.
(Apr. 02, 2023  2:50 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2023  2:35 AM)StayCool Wrote: Agreed 😎 100%

Really relieved to hear this, was actually really unsure how you'd feel about it - I very much considered your thread while working on it :)

If you addressed this and I overlooked it then I apologize beforehand.

My only question is formats. In regards to using the unlimited rule set and having rotational changes I really only see that being fair in 3v3/3G or 5G. Using any WBO format, single Bey, P3C1 and even deck it can become too OP. In all 3 of those formats you can use world, over, drift and that’s all you’ll need. In 3G/5G it’s more balanced because you have to switch and can only rotationally change once per shuffle.

We discussed a lot of this in the show tonight and Crisis told me about this proposal. I do agree that the WBO should cater to the community overall. I think with our growth we should have the standard side for the community and use it to benefit the overall community and unlimited to kind of cater to the high competitors or at least get in line with WBBA in the organizational standpoint. The WBO has the beauty to do both and I love that
(Apr. 02, 2023  3:51 AM)StayCool Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2023  2:50 AM)th!nk Wrote: Really relieved to hear this, was actually really unsure how you'd feel about it - I very much considered your thread while working on it Smile

If you addressed this and I overlooked it then I apologize beforehand.

My only question is formats. In regards to using the unlimited rule set and having rotational changes I really only see that being fair in 3v3/3G or 5G. Using any WBO format, single Bey, P3C1 and even deck it can become too OP. In all 3 of those formats you can use world, over, drift and that’s all you’ll need. In 3G/5G it’s more balanced because you have to switch and can only rotationally change once per shuffle.

We discussed a lot of this in the show tonight and Crisis told me about this proposal. I do agree that the WBO should cater to the community overall. I think with our growth we should have the standard side for the community and use it to benefit the overall community and unlimited to kind of cater to the high competitors or at least get in line with WBBA in the organizational standpoint. The WBO has the beauty to do both and I love that

In the end for that one it comes down to Organizer choice. I agree dual spin can be a bit scarier in 1v1, and to some degree p3c1 - formats the wbba doesn't really run for the most part. I think it's okay to have options that are not always going to be perfect rather than cutting them off entirely, as to provide that freedom. I don't think they are obscenely broken, especially as using any of the dual spin chips with World makes the match up with dynaf bdr a lot dicier, and dynaf bdr is already kind of going to win against anything in either direction anyway in p3c1 or 1v1... I don't think it's actually any worse. World drift also cannot take a hit, which doesn't help it, particularly in deck.

In the end though it is Organizer choice and I think we can trust them to make the appropriate choice for their area - if they don't, people will likely not attend as much until it changes. Such is the cost of freedom, as Shin has said to me.
(Apr. 02, 2023  4:02 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2023  3:51 AM)StayCool Wrote: If you addressed this and I overlooked it then I apologize beforehand.

In the end for that one it comes down to Organizer choice. I agree dual spin can be a bit scarier in 1v1, and to some degree p3c1  - formats the wbba doesn't really run for the most part. I think it's okay to have options that are not always going to be perfect rather than cutting them off entirely, as to provide that freedom. I don't think they are obscenely broken, especially as using any of the dual spin chips with World makes the match up with dynaf bdr a lot dicier, and dynaf bdr is already kind of going to win in either direction anyway in p3c1 or 1v1... I don't think it's actually any worse. World drift also cannot take a hit, which doesn't help it.

In the end though it is Organizer choice and I think we can trust them to make the appropriate choice for their area - if they don't, people will likely not attend as much until it changes. Such is the cost of freedom, as Shin has said to me.

That was nicely put. I understand a little more now after watching ZankCast with Kei that the overall goal is to have the freedom of choice in playing this game within our community. I like that we have options. Even if I agree or disagree I still have the option to do what I like and cater to my local community or general community. I think you guys are on the right track.

Please tell staff thank you and thank you to everyone involved in this proposal. The implementation of P3C1, 3v3, spinning rules and other definitions has been great in the health of this game. This proposal, if it hopefully goes through, will add to the health of the game and overall choice of organizers to continue to grow this game we love. I really really appreciate all of the effort 🙏🏾
(Apr. 01, 2023  4:29 PM)mrphuffles Wrote: I see this as an absolute win, espesially bdr ban. It's acctually very close to what smogon does with pokemon being a fan run organization and having whats basically our standard format, which they call ubers, but they have banned things from it and made anything goes (only a few things and banned but hurt meta greatly)

Nail on the head here. When crisis suggested it my kneejerk reaction was skepticism until I stepped back and... well, I looked at it and saw AG. I mean, we built MFL around the time I got into competitive Pokemon for a bit... There's always been influence there. And this ruleset has relaxed rules on a number of things (albeit not quite as far as AG) and the overwhelming stuff allowed in, similar to albeit a bit less extreme than AG. Good pick up 😉
Howdy everyone, so I wanted to give my response to this proposal that was sparked from an idea I had and had stated on the WBO discord while a heated debate about banning BDr was going on. I meant to do it over the weekend but between family and a Standard tournament we had I just wasn’t able to find the time to sit down and type out a response. I will say though I did do a Podcast for the Four Gaming YouTube channel on Friday where I touch on this proposal and if you don’t really want to read my response you can get a gist of it by clicking this link https://youtu.be/MfvcRQasfS8 and going to the 32:50 time frame of the video.

One thing I would like to get out of the way is that for the most part I think this proposal is a good idea that need to be thought about more so as a way to try and keep the upcoming Beyblade X from having so many issues like Beyblade Burst has had within the WBO, rather than a way to “Fix” Burst’s current meta.

Anyway! Now that’s out of the way and I can give you my input on the proposal. So to start things off I want to elaborate that this idea comes from playing competitive Yu-Gi-Oh!, a very popular and successful card game that is played all over the world and handled by the Konami Entertainment Corporation. So within the Yu-Gi-Oh! “Standard” game they allow every card to be used except for selected ones that are either Semi-Limited, Limited, or Forbidden. Cards will end up on one of these sections of the list in order to “Balance” out the game as best as they possibly can. Now there are human beings behind the decision as to what cards to limit or forbid, so sometimes they might miss something and an over powered cad/deck can run the format for the next 3 months until the next update to the list. However, when you are given a set time as to when a list is going to come out, it’s not that bad playing in a format with an over powered card/deck because you know it is only for a certain period of time until Konami handles the situation.

Now you might be asking yourself what does all of this have to do with Beyblade? Well what I’m saying is that we should have 1 format that allows the Staff/Organize Play Team of the WBO to freely ban/unban Beyblade parts (and by extension modify some rules) for that generations “Standard” meta game, every X amount of months to try and balance out the game. However, since there will be people that would rather not play with the parts that the WBO thinks should be banned, but they still would want to play in a ranked tournament, I’m suggesting we also have a 2nd format a more “Unlimited” format that allows the players to play everything within that generation. (with a few exceptions, like MS being banned to keep stadiums from being destroyed.) We also have a lot of players wanting to experience the game the way the Manufacturer Takara Tomy intended for it to be played. So I’m also suggesting that the “Unlimited” formats rule set should probably stay closer to that of Takara Tomy’s given rule set.

Now what exactly is the benefit of having the “Unlimited” format and the “Limited” formats? Well when both the “Unlimited and Limited” Formats start to see issues with a part being a little too dominating we are able to adjust the “Limited” format to keep the balance. We also get to get 2 different sets of ranked data to tell us if after the X amount of months time the part has been a dominating issue with no counters really being released. So then we can ban it in the “Limited” format while letting ti dominate the “Unlimited” format until Takara Tomy releases something that counters is or just outclasses it entirely. This will allow the WBO to keep the list small and keep the format current rather than it being a format that is deadlocked into using older parts that become more expensive and harder to get. Now sure there are some sites you can get the parts from at a cheaper cost. But how many people really know to go to those sites? Especially new players! So that is how most of our MFL and Classic formats get such low turn outs, and it’s a real shame because they are good, balanced formats that are worth playing! We also have to look into the reality that the majority of players on the WBO are kids/teenagers that probably do not have incomes of their own and can’t really afford those older parts because of the price gap between them and the new release.

I want to give everyone an example as to where I think having these 2 formats would have been vary beneficial. I wanna take you all back to the very beginning of the Super King/Sparking era of Beyblade burst. One of the first releases was the B-161 Glide Ragnarok. This beyblade introduced the “Wheel” disk. A very heavy and well rounded disk. Now it did not take long for players to learn that combining the Wheel disk with the Xtend+ driver was very powerful for both same and opposite spin stamina. Is only real competitor came with the release of B-168 Rage Longinus, and even then it didn’t dominate over it within the meta. In fact for the longest time almost every winning combos list had the combo Master Diabolos Wheel Xtend+ in their list. Then with the release of B-171 Tempest Dragon (Triple Booster Set) we got the Tempest Ring that quickly replaced Master. So now every list just about had the combo Tempest Lucifer 1 Wheel Xtend+ 1S in their winning combos list, and that combo ran the format until the end of the Super King/ Sparking Generation. The only thing to come out that even tried to balance that combo out in the format was the Drift driver from the B-175 Lucifer The End. When combined with World 2B the drift driver gave a very good opposite spin match up against the Tempest on Wheel Xtend+ combo. But it being on drift made it very risky to use in the first stage formats. Now imagine if we had a list where all of this played out as it did, as well as another format where once the WBO saw how over powered Wheel with Xtend+ was, they decided to ban Xtend+. (which a lot of people actually did call for at the time.) we could have seen a whole new meta game with other drivers such as Universe, Atomic, and Bearing seeing a lot more play than they got to see in that era.

This is the idea this proposal is bringing to the table. And it is my hope that we can get something like this in place so that way by the time Beyblade X is released we will be ready to play the game in a more healthy way, with more passion and excitement than ever before! I encourage you all to really take the time to think about the many implications this proposal has to offer. If you have any feedback please feel free to tell me. I would love to know what everyone things.
(Apr. 03, 2023  3:18 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Howdy everyone, so I wanted to give my response to this proposal that was sparked from an idea I had and had stated on the WBO discord while a heated debate about banning BDr was going on. I meant to do it over the weekend but between family and a Standard tournament we had I just wasn’t able to find the time to sit down and type out a response. I will say though I did do a Podcast for the Four Gaming YouTube channel on Friday where I touch on this proposal and if you don’t really want to read my response you can get a gist of it by clicking this link https://youtu.be/MfvcRQasfS8 and going to the 32:50 time frame of the video.

One thing I would like to get out of the way is that for the most part I think this proposal is a good idea that need to be thought about more so as a way to try and keep the upcoming Beyblade X from having so many issues like Beyblade Burst has had within the WBO, rather than a way to “Fix” Burst’s current meta.

Anyway! Now that’s out of the way and I can give you my input on the proposal. So to start things off I want to elaborate that this idea comes from playing competitive Yu-Gi-Oh!, a very popular and successful card game that is played all over the world and handled by the Konami Entertainment Corporation. So within the Yu-Gi-Oh! “Standard” game they allow every card to be used except for selected ones that are either Semi-Limited, Limited, or Forbidden. Cards will end up on one of these sections of the list in order to “Balance” out the game as best as they possibly can. Now there are human beings behind the decision as to what cards to limit or forbid, so sometimes they might miss something and an over powered cad/deck can run the format for the next 3 months until the next update to the list. However, when you are given a set time as to when a list is going to come out, it’s not that bad playing in a format with an over powered card/deck because you know it is only for a certain period of time until Konami handles the situation.

Now you might be asking yourself what does all of this have to do with Beyblade? Well what I’m saying is that we should have 1 format that allows the Staff/Organize Play Team of the WBO to freely ban/unban Beyblade parts (and by extension modify some rules) for that generations “Standard” meta game, every X amount of months to try and balance out the game. However, since there will be people that would rather not play with the parts that the WBO thinks should be banned, but they still would want to play in a ranked tournament, I’m suggesting we also have a 2nd format a more “Unlimited” format that allows the players to play everything within that generation. (with a few exceptions, like MS being banned to keep stadiums from being destroyed.) We also have a lot of players wanting to experience the game the way the Manufacturer Takara Tomy intended for it to be played. So I’m also suggesting that the “Unlimited” formats rule set should probably stay closer to that of Takara Tomy’s given rule set.

Now what exactly is the benefit of having the “Unlimited” format and the “Limited” formats? Well when both the “Unlimited and Limited” Formats start to see issues with a part being a little too dominating we are able to adjust the “Limited” format to keep the balance. We also get to get 2 different sets of ranked data to tell us if after the X amount of months time the part has been a dominating issue with no counters really being released. So then we can ban it in the “Limited” format while letting ti dominate the “Unlimited” format until Takara Tomy releases something that counters is or just outclasses it entirely. This will allow the WBO to keep the list small and keep the format current rather than it being a format that is deadlocked into using older parts that become more expensive and harder to get. Now sure there are some sites you can get the parts from at a cheaper cost. But how many people really know to go to those sites? Especially new players! So that is how most of our MFL and Classic formats get such low turn outs, and it’s a real shame because they are good, balanced formats that are worth playing! We also have to look into the reality that the majority of players on the WBO are kids/teenagers that probably do not have incomes of their own and can’t really afford those older parts because of the price gap between them and the new release.

I want to give everyone an example as to where I think having these 2 formats would have been vary beneficial. I wanna take you all back to the very beginning of the Super King/Sparking era of Beyblade burst. One of the first releases was the B-161 Glide Ragnarok. This beyblade introduced the “Wheel” disk. A very heavy and well rounded disk. Now it did not take long for players to learn that combining the Wheel disk with the Xtend+ driver was very powerful for both same and opposite spin stamina. Is only real competitor came with the release of B-168 Rage Longinus, and even then it didn’t dominate over it within the meta. In fact for the longest time almost every winning combos list had the combo Master Diabolos Wheel Xtend+ in their list. Then with the release of B-171 Tempest Dragon (Triple Booster Set) we got the Tempest Ring that quickly replaced Master. So now every list just about had the combo Tempest Lucifer 1 Wheel Xtend+ 1S in their winning combos list, and that combo ran the format until the end of the Super King/ Sparking Generation. The only thing to come out that even tried to balance that combo out in the format was the Drift driver from the B-175 Lucifer The End. When combined with World 2B the drift driver gave a very good opposite spin match up against the Tempest on Wheel Xtend+ combo. But it being on drift made it very risky to use in the first stage formats. Now imagine if we had a list where all of this played out as it did, as well as another format where once the WBO saw how over powered Wheel with Xtend+ was, they decided to ban Xtend+. (which a lot of people actually did call for at the time.) we could have seen a whole new meta game with other drivers such as Universe, Atomic, and Bearing seeing a lot more play than they got to see in that era.

This is the idea this proposal is bringing to the table. And it is my hope that we can get something like this in place so that way by the time Beyblade X is released we will be ready to play the game in a more healthy way, with more passion and excitement than ever before! I encourage you all to really take the time to think about the many implications this proposal has to offer. If you have any feedback please feel free to tell me. I would love to know what everyone things.

Very well-detailed explanation! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this get refined and reach the point of experimental tournaments. Just to confirm; the "Unlimited" format is the one that will be moving more towards the WBBA's rulesets, and the "Limited" one (with BDr and MBd banned) will be traditional WBO?
(Apr. 03, 2023  11:08 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Very well-detailed explanation! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this get refined and reach the point of experimental tournaments. Just to confirm; the "Unlimited" format is the one that will be moving more towards the WBBA's rulesets, and the "Limited" one (with BDr and MBd banned) will be traditional WBO?

Correct. Though I don’t know exactly what they would be called.
(Apr. 03, 2023  11:08 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2023  3:18 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Howdy everyone, so I wanted to give my response to this proposal that was sparked from an idea I had and had stated on the WBO discord while a heated debate about banning BDr was going on. I meant to do it over the weekend but between family and a Standard tournament we had I just wasn’t able to find the time to sit down and type out a response. I will say though I did do a Podcast for the Four Gaming YouTube channel on Friday where I touch on this proposal and if you don’t really want to read my response you can get a gist of it by clicking this link https://youtu.be/MfvcRQasfS8 and going to the 32:50 time frame of the video.

Very well-detailed explanation! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this get refined and reach the point of experimental tournaments. Just to confirm; the "Unlimited" format is the one that will be moving more towards the WBBA's rulesets, and the "Limited" one (with BDr and MBd banned) will be traditional WBO?

Yep, Unlimited is closer to WBBA (basically as close as practical within the limitations we have to deal with as a smaller org with a somewhat different player base and player-judges.)
Standard is the traditional WBO format as you currently know it, but with a shift to treating it a bit more like how we (intend to) manage Limited type formats - not that we are perfect there but it is a lot easier than other formats when everyone is playing the format and can see what's going on. More active bans, and more focus on cultivating a broad and balanced format.
Let me start by saying..

"This is the way" (with Mando's voice)

Some may see it as the solution to BDr and balancing Burst Gen, but the most important part of this proposal is its impact on Beyblade X! Beyblade X is like a new start or a fresh beginning and I would like to see it start in the right way. The rules are the language of Beyblade and everybody should first learn a common ruleset before learning any other languages. In this way, the target audience(competitive) will not be limited to just one part of the globe.

I have said this before and I want to state it again, that "WBO should AIM to be the iPhone+/pro of WBBA's iPhone". Don't be an Android Phone that is totally different, but be different by providing more features to the base form. It is VERY weird for an organization that is carrying the name of Takara Tomy's Intellectual Property(Beyblade) but does not recognize or at least acknowledge their rules/standards. You are not required to play their way, but as a sign of respect to the creators, you should show your support by making it accessible to the community and not by completely shutting it down. WBO should be the one supporting Takara Tomy/WBBA, and not the other way around since TT is the owner of the IP. Does the WBO have TT's blessing to make changes on the Standards that they set for their IP? If not, you will have a real issue if TT decides to take action especially now that they are starting a new generation of products. IF BeybladeX becomes a hit and turns into a big thing, don't give any reason for TT to do something you won't like. You need to set things right by approving this proposal to show that you are supporting and respecting their IP, as well as exploring alternative ways of playing THEIR game. You can't just change someone else's work, use their IP's name, and then present it as your own without their consent. Better safe than sorry.

When this proposal gets approved, which I expect it to be, I assume that WBBA 5G is unlocked in Unlimited Format?