shikamaru526
BeyUK-Espio
kei
circuitface
pichuscute
AdvanceOmega
alexir
Grey(maybe)
Anyone I missed? And, hows Saturday sound?
Sat. Good for me. Idk about anyone else.
Saturday is good.
Weekend is the best bet? Perhaps the battle list could be (we really need one more to make it even):

1. -WOLF-
2. shikamaru526
3. BeyUK-Espio
4. kei
5. circuitface
6. pichuscute
7. AdvanceOmega
8. alexir
9. Grey(maybe)

Round 1

Match 1: 1 Vs 9
Match 2: 2 Vs 8
Match 3: 3 Vs 7
Match 4: 4 Vs 6
Match 5: 5 Vs ? (if nobody else enters, five will get a victory and go through to the next round).

Round 2 (this is where it gets tricky)

Match 1: Winner of Match 1 Vs Winner of Match 5
Match 2: Winner of Match 2 Vs Winner of Match 4
Match 3: Winner of Match 1/2 Vs Winner of Match 3 (I will need to record a coin flipping to decide who battles in Match 3, unless everybody trusts me?).

Final Round

Final Matchup: Winner 1 Vs Winner 2

Let me know guys?
I can invite someone from serebii to fill that spot
I see no problem with the format.
If you could do that -Wolf- that would be great. Edits made to my format post.
(Nov. 11, 2008  11:39 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2008  11:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Garchomp is uber now!?

Yeah. If it holds Yache Berry (which weakens Ice Type Moves), it's main weakness is taken away, making it "overpowered" and "too strong for Standard use."
Why all Garchomps are banned from Standard Play instead of just "Yachechomps" (Garchomps holding Yache Berries) is beyond me.

After countless threads and discussion about Garchomp's status in OU, it was deemed as too overcentralizing and overpowered in the OU metagame, thus it ended up being voted as Uber. He's still available in the Suspect Ladder (Shoddy Smogon server), so they compare how both metagames (with and without) turn out and what is most beneficial for the standard metagame. This is how the tests go:

Stage 1: Analysis of a single Suspect in a suspect-free standard metagame

Stage 2: Our assessment of Uber or OU for any Suspect's impact on a suspect-free metagame, following the respective Suspect's completion of Stage 1.

Stage 3: Analysis of all the Suspects in the standard metagame with the knowledge of which are considered Uber and OU in a Suspect-free metagame.

Garchomp being Uber now, has promoted the OU metagame with more variety. Pokémon who weren't used much before because of how they were dead-weight against Garchomp, now see use more often. He was also the biggest threat every team had to be prepared for, with no real counters since there was no 1 pokémon able to counter all of his possible movesets and even those sets that got countered by X or Y pokémon, had trouble doing so and would end up having lost at least 1 member most of the time. Every team was loaded with would be Garchomp counters before. He's quite bulky, despite the awful 4x Ice weak and even lacking Yache, you'd still find yourself in trouble to counter it. Most of Shoddy's top battling teams had Garchomp in them (and so do Suspect ladder teams) and he even went to surpass Blissey in usages. Sand Veil didn't help either and since most were paired up with Tyranitar, he had that 20% evasion boost up in most matches and that one miss could cost you the whole game.
Now, Garchomp isn't the only pokémon that centralizes play, there's always more top dogs which you'd see often and have trouble with like Gengar, Lucario, Gyarados or Salamence, but none of those restricted the OU metagame as much as Garchomp did.

Early metagame after Chomp was banned: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45034

After Chomp, Deoxys-S soon followed. Right now, the current suspect pokémon is Skymin (Shaymin's sky form, Shaymin-S).
If anyone's wondering, only the top players and common users (yes, these guys actually know what they're doing) were allowed to vote and all posted their reasons. The majority voted them as Uber.

(Nov. 13, 2008  12:11 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Simply use an special Ice move. I fought many Garchomp and taken it down with an Ice Beam.

You can't look at it this simply.... To counter him, you first have to switch in and that's usually when he's at +2, etc, etc...
A counter has to both be able to switch in with little to no harm to itself (that means not taking too much damage, like being 2HKOed =/ ) and pose an immediate threat to his opponent.
If that post is reflecting of a common scenario in your battles, I guess the people you play against can't be very good (well, this is Wi-Fi after all...).
If you really want to play and learn about competitive pokémon, visit Smogon; read around and you'll see what I mean. You can pick up a lot from just reading around the forums, plus all the analysis and articles. Also, try playing in Smogon's Shoddy server.
Hey my lil bro is interested in this tournament. Sadly he's only 10 and uses pokemon that he thinks are "cool". If he enters can he use 1 uber?
^Ummmm does anyone have a problem with that?
The amount of time I have played against Garchomp, Garchomp has been one of the starters or my particular pokemon has managed to kill off everything else. I already competitive battle at other places. Smogon isn't the be all and end all. I use there website for group help in some cases. I open minded about use of forums but where I am currently at seems efficient.

One quick edit to the rules. I believe that the pokemon you choose to use shouldn't be changed for other battles? You team has to be set in stone.
^Agreed. And sorry for late notice, but we have a new entrant =D . His serebii was albin.
oooo this makes me wanna be in put me down for a maybe Joyful_3
(Nov. 15, 2008  2:13 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: oooo this makes me wanna be in put me down for a maybe Joyful_3

lol. the tourney is today XD
when will we start playing? and may i use garchomp without yacheberry?
Do you have a list of FC's?
How do you check FCs of those registered in your palpad?
(Nov. 15, 2008  2:51 PM)-WOLF- Wrote: How do you check FCs of those registered in your palpad?

Umm...

You go to your Pal Pad in your Key Item's compartment?

Chocked_2
(Nov. 15, 2008  2:51 PM)-WOLF- Wrote: How do you check FCs of those registered in your palpad?

You can't..
OH carp...can everyone post their FC?

Mine is 1590-5821-6181
2020 3122 3757(Me HIKARI)

4511 3105 2631(lil bro DANNY)
(Nov. 15, 2008  4:03 PM)circuitface Wrote:

You can't..

Yes you can.

See my post. You go to your Palpad in Key Items, then look at Registered Friend Codes.

I've done it before, people.