Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade

(Apr. 18, 2011  4:32 AM)Konaa Bureizu Wrote: perhaps i just love proving them wrong that MF are better lol Joyful_3 does everyone honetsly think they're better JUST cause they're metal? they've lost all uniqueness i think, and there ARE metal beyblades of the originals if you know where to look. But i stand by Wolborg all the way! Grin always been the best in my book next to flash leopard and most dragoons and dranzers. someone i know i think has a undefeated Wing attackter thing? i think the black one? what would make that one so hardass?
but then again that is true.. im the only one who really puts in any effort.. it makes me sadUncertain

i love reflecting on my young naive mind...

could i even read back then? I wasn't even on topic lol I've learned to adapt so i love both, but prefer original for nostalgic purposes, but metal fight for current enjoyment. OH, and I'm loving this Shogun Steel/Zero-G series too.
(Sep. 01, 2013  4:51 AM)Time Wrote: Are you saying Masamune is Daichi or the idea of Daichi with the random kid showing up and then joining the team?

I mean Masamune is like Daichi. Both wanted to beat the world champion and joined the team of them. They become friends, but they're often arguing. Both want to get famous, but they don't like the popularity of the main character (Tyson/Ginga). And both like to eat Grin

Tyson and Ginga are also SOOO similar...(Tyson is cooler Grin)
an unknown guy who beats the evil guy in a BeyBattle and saves the world. Both without a father (Both have a father, but Ginga thought that he's dead and Tysons father is an archeologist who travels around the world) and both became popular after defeating the evil guys (3 times Grin)

Bakuten shoot Beyblade was new and it had a good story. MFB is not bad, but nearly everything is copied...
Ok let's see

Kai vs kyoya, Kai is better
Gingka vs Tyson, anything beats listening to ginga
i always thought ray was more similar to gingka lol Tongue_out
How? O.o I literally can't find one similarity. Ray is generally quiet and intelligent, and Ginga is well, the exact opposite of those.
Yeah, Ray is like Tsubasa IMO. Also IMO, Kyoya would wreck Kai. (While using regular Dranzer)
Ginga can go away. Tyson>>>
I like MFB though, specifically Metal Masters :3
I just think they old gen was more original (the beys, the seasons ect.), in metal masters and 4d the main antagonist both had the heaviest beys of their season
(Oct. 29, 2013  1:46 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Yeah, Ray is like Tsubasa IMO. Also IMO, Kyoya would wreck Kai. (While using regular Dranzer)
Ginga can go away. Tyson>>>
I like MFB though, specifically Metal Masters :3
Of course he would, their beys are from different generations. If they both had same generation beys, Kyoya would lose terribly though. Then whine about how this isn't getting him closer to battling Ginga, which he has a severely creepy obsession with.
(Oct. 29, 2013  12:51 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: How? O.o I literally can't find one similarity. Ray is generally quiet and intelligent, and Ginga is well, the exact opposite of those.

well Ray and Gingka
-Like to eat
-wear Bandanas
-come from a small villiage where beyblade is the norm
-Laidback and carefree attitude
-not too cocky
- have a girl waiting for them (For Ray its Mariah and for Gingka its Madoka)

Tsubasa reminds me so of Kai and its not just cause of the voice their mannnerisms and beys seem similar

Masamune or even Kyoya remind me of Tyson from series one beyblade. For Masamune its pretty obvious. But for Kyoya the reason i compare him to Tyson somewhat is that both are overwhelmingly cocky, never give up (Strong Preserverence), never doubt themselves.etc. I mean there are similarities to Kai but Kai is very self-doubting which hinders his ability which is somwhat similar to Tsubasa

In fact when i watch the battle between Kyoya and Tsubasa it reminds me of Tyson vs Kai at their first tournament.
Ray doesn't like to eat. Not as much as Tyson at least. And since when does Madoka, or any human being for that matter, have any interest in Ginga?

Anyway, this is kind of off topic.
(Oct. 31, 2013  6:38 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Ray doesn't like to eat. Not as much as Tyson at least. And since when does Madoka, or any human being for that matter, have any interest in Ginga?

Anyway, this is kind of off topic.

I think it says it on beyblade wikia
She doesn't though, the Wiki can say what it wants at this point.

It's clearly seen how she behaves when she has a crush when she's with Aleksei and even though that one died down, it's a pretty clear indicator on how she /would/ act if she was into Ginga? She does none of that. There isn't much romance in MFB, man, and Madoka loving Ginga is a headcanon that is absolutely not official.
Name of beyblades

Old school= blades
MFB = beys
I think blades sounds way cooler
(Nov. 01, 2013  2:57 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Name of beyblades

Old school= blades
MFB = beys
I think blades sounds way cooler

... "Bey" was used at the beginning of Beyblade too.
IM new to the site but to this argument, may I say My view?

for ME beyblade was practically all I could do to keep from being bullyed, everyone in the school had one and I was pretty knowledgeable about them,
when the show and toys stoped I was gutted, the original show was awesom, the bits, the bey's, the character, the story's, I loved it all, and I loved making the bey's, the sense of achivment you would get from making a model, you feel you have truly made somthing important, but with the metal fusion tops, I when first saw a trailer for the Japanese metal fight, I ecstatic, I was so happy beyblade was back, but when I watched the first episode of the English bud, I didnt like it, not for what you are thinking, I liked the show in general but it had flaus to ME, I would have liked a few referances to the old show like maybe saying that the original bey's were not power enough for whats to come so they evolved to the metal fusion style , or they could have kept the bitbeast's, I LOVED the bits's, they were and still are one of the things I watch the show for,

for ME the old beys and show was were I felt acomplishment in, the new one, I dont feel any thing, for ME there no heart
I think most animes like Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon and what not all have those sort of similar characters like the mysterious quite one or the loud and annoying one and what not. Though I agree they can still make the shows different and not copy each other. I only watched the first 20 or 30 episodes of Beyblade metal fusion and I think I prefer the original series. Though that opinion is biased due to I grew up with the original series and not Metal fusion etc.
(Dec. 27, 2012  5:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The voices might have been great to you, but surely you can recognise that the acting behind it was horrible.

Definitely. The voice acting was sub-par in a lot of places. The same goes for the English dub of the Metal Saga; some of the voices sound good but even if they do, the acting still leaves a lot to be desired.

Of course, I did not realise that the voice acting for the first series was mediocre at best (I was only eleven at the time when the first series began airing in the UK) until I was an anime fan and became able to recognise what a good dub was (in this case, when it came to how well the voice acting was done). I'm still able to watch the first series even knowing that though because I can get past the scenes where the voice acting sounds forced (as I like the voices of the characters) and because it holds a special place in my heart (without it, I would never have become such a huge fan of the anime and the game itself).

Voice acting aside, one thing I think the Metal Saga does better than the first series is the consistency of character designs. There was a massive leap in animation style between Beyblade/2001 and Beyblade 2002/V-force, for instance. The character designers for the anime changed because a different studio was animating the series. Even though they kept the same character designer for G-revolution (this person had also drawn the designs for 2002/V-force), there were still some clear adaptions to the characters' appearances. Most of them seemed to be the right height for the ages they were and the proportions were much better. There were characters who looked older than they were supposed to and vice versa but not to the extent of the first and second seasons.

The Metal Saga, on the other hand, did not undergo as many drastic changes as Bakuten Shoot. The same character designer from the two seasons of the previous series reprised their role but the appearances of the characters remained fairly consistent. There were no sudden signs of aging or regression (with the exception of Zero G where the previous cast are seven years older but that is to be expected). Although there are times when certain characters look older or younger in particular scenes, that seems to be the only minor issue which occurs.
(Mar. 01, 2012  3:10 PM)miztechwizard Wrote: I hear you,BeybladeGarage... it's true that the first characters were incredible, but i don't think the old beyblade should be brought back, even more nowadays where directors are so fond of making remakes of movies just to disgrace it completely. What pains me is that the writers had not the creativity to make an even more memorable anime out of all the resources they have now and couldn't use back then. I sure hope that zero G is a 180º shift out of the situation.

Even in the era of the original beyblade, beybattling was a guilty pleasure...surely not the thing you show to impress girls, for instance. Then MFB came up. It was nice to have beyblades in the market again, i mean, beyblades are what beyblades are. But... Did the way people play with it changed? Well, when one sees his opponent trying to harness his bey spirit os whatever, it becomes obvious that beyblade became much more of a guilty pleasure than before(not to say dumber).

The truth is that the anime is not only the marketing presentation of the beyblade franchise, it is also the way for people to understand the beyblade hobby entirely. If the face of beyblade is an anime with predictable storyline, with random religious concepts, and shallow characters that lack both background story and motivation, it becomes that much harder for people around you to accept it, and that much harder for the hobby to be taken seriously. Ex : less people hears of Pokémon nowadays don't they? Surely awfully planned storyline and nonsensical repetition didn't help.
what you said is true but in zeroG you got se the old caracters from MFB thats the cool part
of it
But it would be great to se everyone from the original series like tyson and all the oder caracter.
MFB is nice and all but its too childesh.but if the original were back it would be varie famous and better because all the old caracters were funny and not so childesh from MFB, even better because the old grupe would be back, they would older, and the storyline would be more mature then the MFB.
If ther where to be a countinue to the original series i would be vary happy, but it´s likely not happaning.
SORRY IF THERE WERE SOME WORDS WRONG IT´S BECAUSE IM BRAZILIAN,AND I LIVED IN USA FOR SOME TIME,BUT NOT MUCH.
This topic is looking like those Tokusatsus foruns where fans discuss which generation of some series is better. (for example, that pre-Decade Kamen Rider series is better than the post-Decade ones, for example). For me, speaking of effects and animation, Metal series is the best, but for story, I'll say both are good, because in Bakuten Shoot series I felt that the character growth was quite fast, but straightfoward, without fillers and in Metal Series the character growth was slow, which makes the series a little bit realistic in terms of character development. (of course, depending of character)
When I was little I watched old series of beyblade on tv.
I had beyblade toys and played with my friends.
At that time real art sofware wasnt that much developed,so they were probably limited.
At that time world still wasnt so much technological like today.So it doesnt have all the flashines this new series has.So that cant be considered a plus.
The new series creators didnt spend much on beyblade design and their "bit-beasts".Then the character in some way look less mature than tyson and his team was.
The whole power levels of beyblades,bladers in new series is quite disapointing.(I watched only first season I quess where ryuga is the bad guy).The plot is that ryuga has the strongest beyblade,and only ginga,ginka can beat him.And for some reason the whole story is somehow unrealistic.While in old series you could sympathize with the fate of characters.Especially Tyson.
Kai wasnt the sillent type,he was the wise guy.
While ryuga which people compare kai with is in a way similar,probably just because he is the second top player in ginka team.Other than that he is just another Vegeta from dragonball z.
In old series you could actually learn something wise.
The only character that I liked was Kenta.He was much better character than any of new series.
I could see him improve trough sheer practice,test his skills on turnaments.He was close in to beating pegasus.
Even though I liked him,the whole anime kind of gave me this feeling it's for little kids.
They are just not that serous as real beyblade,the original beyblade was.Serious,but fun.
All this fans that new series is getting if probably from kids that werent born when original series was brawling.

Anyways.Some may hate me,but I will stick with old series.(Even doing a pc game on them,with new series excluded of course).
And yea I am open minded for new anime.
I have been a fan of dragonball,still am but I now think one piece,fairy tail are much better.
And remember,this is just my opinion.Dont jump on me like hyenas Grin
I miss the original generation one Beyblade! (Bakuten Shoot, V-Force, and G-Revolution!) Joyful_3

I grew up with those, so I guess they'll always hold a special place in my heart. With the new Metal Fight Beyblade though, I just wasn't able to fall into it like I was the original. The characters in Metal Fight all seem really cliche or fake. (That's just my own opinion, no offense meant to anyone who likes Metal Fight.)

Also, the creators didn't spend anywhere near as much time on the bitbeast like in the original. One thing I loved about generation one Beyblade was the fact you could see the bitbeasts in action, and it just felt like the characters were so much more connected to their respective bitbeasts, compared to how they are in Metal Fight.

Another thing I dislike about Metal Fight Beyblade is how the new beyblades are designed. I just really prefer the old designs over the newest ones. It feels like the new beyblade designs and models are too fake, and not as cool looking. It also feels like the new models take away from the bitbeasts. And one thing I always loved about generation one beyblade was the fact that they placed so much importance and emphasis on bitbeasts, and the connection they had with their respective bladers.

Theres probably a couple other reasons why I prefer the original Beyblade, but I can't think of anymore of them atm! But the above three things are probably the biggest reasons why I greatly prefer Generation one Beyblade over the new Metal Fight series. Those are just my own little opinions though, they don't really matter lol! They're are still a lot of things I like about Metal Fight, I just prefer the old to the new I guess.
(Jan. 19, 2014  1:12 AM)LadyWulf Wrote: I miss the original generation one Beyblade! (Bakuten Shoot, V-Force, and G-Revolution!) Joyful_3

I grew up with those, so I guess they'll always hold a special place in my heart. With the new Metal Fight Beyblade though, I just wasn't able to fall into it like I was the original. The characters in Metal Fight all seem really cliche or fake. (That's just my own opinion, no offense meant to anyone who likes Metal Fight.)

Also, the creators didn't spend anywhere near as much time on the bitbeast like in the original. One thing I loved about generation one Beyblade was the fact you could see the bitbeasts in action, and it just felt like the characters were so much more connected to their respective bitbeasts, compared to how they are in Metal Fight.

Another thing I dislike about Metal Fight Beyblade is how the new beyblades are designed. I just really prefer the old designs over the newest ones. It feels like the new beyblade designs and models are too fake, and not as cool looking. It also feels like the new models take away from the bitbeasts. And one thing I always loved about generation one beyblade was the fact that they placed so much importance and emphasis on bitbeasts, and the connection they had with their respective bladers.

Theres probably a couple other reasons why I prefer the original Beyblade, but I can't think of anymore of them atm! But the above three things are probably the biggest reasons why I greatly prefer Generation one Beyblade over the new Metal Fight series. Those are just my own little opinions though, they don't really matter lol! They're are still a lot of things I like about Metal Fight, I just prefer the old to the new I guess.

What you do not know about Holy Beasts though is that most of the time, the characters were actually calling out to their Beyblades only. In G Revolution, in Japanese, Kai calls out to Dranzer, the name of his Beyblade, a lot more than to Suzaku, the name of his Holy Beast. Of course, in the dub, everything is mixed so you think they are always talking to the combined entity of their Beyblade + Holy Beast, but that is not the original reality.

By the way, your avatar is fanart, and unless you drew it or have got explicit permission from the artist to use it, you will need to change it since that is against our rules.
(Jan. 19, 2014  2:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: What you do not know about Holy Beasts though is that most of the time, the characters were actually calling out to their Beyblades only. In G Revolution, in Japanese, Kai calls out to Dranzer, the name of his Beyblade, a lot more than to Suzaku, the name of his Holy Beast. Of course, in the dub, everything is mixed so you think they are always talking to the combined entity of their Beyblade + Holy Beast, but that is not the original reality.

By the way, your avatar is fanart, and unless you drew it or have got explicit permission from the artist to use it, you will need to change it since that is against our rules.

I fixed my avatar Kai-V, sorry! Pinching_eyes
It is not a problem, I appreciate you understanding.
Hi. I'm new here, and I stumbled upon this thread. I've watched the Original Series when I was younger and then later on watched both the Original Series and Metal Saga all the way through. Whether who beats who is one thing, but I really enjoyed the Metal Saga. I loved both Kyoya and Ryuga. And although Ryuga constantly winning got annoying, he's still my second favorite. Kyoya's training methods is what makes him tough and I like that. However, I'm going to have to go with the Original Series. Kai alone was one of the biggest reasons I loved the original, and the others characters all together along with the storyline was great. For the original, I always viewed as Season 1 having the best stroyline in comparison to the other seasons but G-Rev tends to have the better fights. And depending on the point in the storyline, both switches off.

Metal Saga definitely beats Original series in terms of overall storyline (though I personally favored Season 1 & Season 3 storyline more but V-Force's storyline made Metal Saga beat that for me). But I've always found the fights in the original to be a lot more exciting and intense. You got battles in season one like Kai vs. Johnny or Tyson vs. Enrique. After they lose, they work themselves to death to get back up and overcome their opponents in the next episode or two. Metal Saga does this as well, just doesn't stand out as much. And I know Kyoya and Kai are extremely similar, as well as Brooklyn & Ryuga, and Kai and Ryuga somewhat and Tyson & Gingka, but I feel like every character is unique.

However, I find the originals to be more creative characters with a bit more layers to their personalities (especially if reading the manga).

So I guess I'd have to say: Bakuten Shoot (Season 1)=G-Revolution (Season 3)>Metal Saga (as a whole)>=Shogun Steel>>V-Force.