Nintendo 3DS

I didn't notice it at first, but ever since To mentioned the two screens being of different sizes, it's bugged me. I totally agree; it looks really cheap.

(Jan. 03, 2011  3:24 PM)littlechipz Wrote: Wow, the 3DS is carp as. Seriously, no GBA support, that useless D-Pad, L3 is placed inadequately, and there is 3D support only for the 3DS games. ai hat this peice of junk. what happened with the DSI and XL will happen with this, useless features. Id much rather prefer a used DS Phat from Gamestop for $60 rather than setting me back $300. I have a DS Phat and it works perfectly, pretty cheap and Im sarisfied. The screen quality is easier on the eyes, which is always a bonus. Overrated peice of carp, I predidct this will become. The 3DS is all hype.

My rant is over...

Lol, the last three posts were a MASSIVE necro.

However, why are people still complaining about the lack of GBA support? There seriously has to be a time to move on. Why do we still need to support playback for games from two whole generations ago? Yes, I think that it would be a good feature to have, but at the same time, I really don't think it's that much of an issue.

Clearly, only 3DS games will have 3D features. Is that really a surprise? If I bought a DVD, I wouldn't expect feature length HD output like I would on a Blu-ray.

Your post, or rant, is full of strange assumptions on a machine which hasn't even come out ...
Heh, I just noticed it kind of looks like a cake with three distinct layers.

Also, a port of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor was announced, and it's honestly one of the most lazy ports I've seen in recent memory. The game basically looks the same, except with some AA, and instead of having the gameplay be on the 3D screen, Atlus is shoving it on the 2D touch screen, with the 3D screen acting as a map, and guide...
(Jan. 05, 2011  10:22 PM)To Wrote: Heh, I just noticed it kind of looks like a cake with three distinct layers.

Also, a port of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor was announced, and it's honestly one of the most lazy ports I've seen in recent memory. The game basically looks the same, except with some AA, and instead of having the gameplay be on the 3D screen, Atlus is shoving it on the 2D touch screen, with the 3D screen acting as a map, and guide...

This probably won't be the only port to do something like this either, sadly enough.
i have a feeling that one the 3d will msuck bumpkings and two if i get it i will probobly chuck it at a wall
(Jan. 05, 2011  6:35 PM)♥ Wrote: I didn't notice it at first, but ever since To mentioned the two screens being of different sizes, it's bugged me. I totally agree; it looks really cheap.

(Jan. 03, 2011  3:24 PM)littlechipz Wrote: Wow, the 3DS is carp as. Seriously, no GBA support, that useless D-Pad, L3 is placed inadequately, and there is 3D support only for the 3DS games. ai hat this peice of junk. what happened with the DSI and XL will happen with this, useless features. Id much rather prefer a used DS Phat from Gamestop for $60 rather than setting me back $300. I have a DS Phat and it works perfectly, pretty cheap and Im sarisfied. The screen quality is easier on the eyes, which is always a bonus. Overrated peice of carp, I predidct this will become. The 3DS is all hype.

My rant is over...

Lol, the last three posts were a MASSIVE necro.

However, why are people still complaining about the lack of GBA support? There seriously has to be a time to move on. Why do we still need to support playback for games from two whole generations ago? Yes, I think that it would be a good feature to have, but at the same time, I really don't think it's that much of an issue.

Clearly, only 3DS games will have 3D features. Is that really a surprise? If I bought a DVD, I wouldn't expect feature length HD output like I would on a Blu-ray.

Your post, or rant, is full of strange assumptions on a machine which hasn't even come out ...

I agree, plus...

(Jan. 05, 2011  12:28 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2011  12:07 AM)pikabattler Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2011  3:24 PM)littlechipz Wrote: Wow, the 3DS is carp as. Seriously, no GBA support.

they explained the gba support problem a while ago, you download the gba games. it's much cheaper then buying them, they also going to have gb and gbc games downloadable.
You're almost correct. Yes, you will be able to download Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. But the ability to download Gameboy Advance games will not be a function.
3DS battery life is reported to be around 3-5 hours...
(Jan. 08, 2011  3:49 AM)To Wrote: 3DS battery life is reported to be around 3-5 hours...

It is probably much longer on lower brightness settings. Doesn't the DSlite have the same battery life on it's highest brightness.
(Jan. 08, 2011  5:19 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2011  3:49 AM)To Wrote: 3DS battery life is reported to be around 3-5 hours...

It is probably much longer on lower brightness settings. Doesn't the DSlite have the same battery life on it's highest brightness.

5 hours will be the longest it gets on the lowest brightness setting it appears.
I wonder if it'll get any better battery life if you turn the 3D off...?
you are almost all rong.
the 3DS is one of the best consoles EVER!not counting playstation 3 and xbox 360
it's mutch better than PSP and it totaly beats the next psp that sony is going to realise if you want to know more search online
and the 3DS will have better grafics then the PSP it has been proved
i really dislike it nintendo are out of ideas i really hope they dont make pokemon games on it!
(Jan. 08, 2011  6:39 AM)To Wrote: 5 hours will be the longest it gets on the lowest brightness setting it appears.

Well, there's going to be a lot of kids playing with their 3DSs plugged into the wall constantly charging.
(Jan. 08, 2011  8:39 PM)ThePokeBlader Wrote: i really dislike it nintendo are out of ideas i really hope they dont make pokemon games on it!

This is like hoping that there won't be broccoli in a vegetable tray.

Pokemon is Nintendo's biggest handheld franchise -- of course they're going to make a Pokemon game for 3DS.
(Jan. 08, 2011  9:03 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2011  8:39 PM)ThePokeBlader Wrote: i really dislike it nintendo are out of ideas i really hope they dont make pokemon games on it!

This is like hoping that there won't be broccoli in a vegetable tray.

Pokemon is Nintendo's biggest handheld franchise -- of course they're going to make a Pokemon game for 3DS.

I thought it was mario? The reason mario kart 3DS is coming out very soon after console.
(Jan. 08, 2011  9:18 PM)XBlader Wrote: I thought it was mario? The reason mario kart 3DS is coming out very soon after console.
According to wikipedia, the overall total sales for their handheld generations look like Pokemon sells more.

But then you have to take into account what spawns from Pokemon, I.E. TCG, plushes, apparel, etc., which still dishes out money to Nintendo for its license.
To me the 3DS is going to be the best handheld console ever have yous seen its graphics its way stringer then psp and all old handheld's ever made so this is progress,i cant wait to play resident evil on it both games and metal gear solid and zelda ocarina of time Joyful_3
The DS is great imo, and I feel like the DS only came out recently haha. I don't like the idea of abandoning the DS so soon.
But Nintendo is making the 3DS because its sales have been down so it thought that creating a whole new console would hopefully increase its sales again.
I think the 3DS is pretty cool, I'm definitely getting one. Maybe not right when it comes out but later in the year.
Keep in mind that Nintendo has ALWAYS and will ALWAYS come out with more and more models of things. Like the gameboy advance and then the gameboy sp. The DS had so many follow up models. It seems quite unnecessary to us but Nintendo keeps changing the model of the same console because they can't just leave it alone, they find flaws and things to add in, even if it's very minor. For the DS, I feel like they should've just stopped at the DS lite. The DSi XL seems very unnecessary to me. I don't even know anyone that has one!
So it may be true that the 3DS will have a follow up model, but judging by its looks, I don't see much they can improve on. I feel like creating so many models per game console is one of the reasons why Nintendo's sales are decreasing. They're just wasting their money!
i saw an e3 video on the 3ds and i change my mind it looks cool. off topic when i bought my dsi the next day my friend told me about the three ds and i got reely upset
I think the 3DS looks pretty awesome, but jeez didn't the DSi XL just come out?

Any news if Metal Gear Solid 3 is still getting ported to 3DS? The demo looked SICK at E3.
(Jan. 09, 2011  2:33 AM)Evan Wrote: I think the 3DS looks pretty awesome, but jeez didn't the DSi XL just come out?

I said the same thing when the DSlite came out. Luckily my dad was getting me a DSlite at the time.
im getting it the first day it comes out
Nintendo probably could've released the 3DS next year. The DS still is going strong, and from what we've heard, maybe they could've used that extra time for some more hardware engineering.

(Jan. 08, 2011  7:14 PM)Roan Wrote: I wonder if it'll get any better battery life if you turn the 3D off...?

Well, with regular DS games, battery life is to be 5-8 hours.

I guess I should clarify things, Nintendo said the 3DS on the "soft" setting would be 3-5 hours. "Soft" would be a very weird way to describe the highest brightness setting, and no sane consumer electronics company would quote their lowest battery life without saying their highest.

(Jan. 08, 2011  8:26 PM)skyforce Wrote: you are almost all rong.
the 3DS is one of the best consoles EVER!not counting playstation 3 and xbox 360
it's mutch better than PSP and it totaly beats the next psp that sony is going to realise if you want to know more search online
and the 3DS will have better grafics then the PSP it has been proved

(Jan. 08, 2011  9:39 PM)Brad(Buraddo) Wrote: To me the 3DS is going to be the best handheld console ever have yous seen its graphics its way stringer then psp and all old handheld's ever made so this is progress,i cant wait to play resident evil on it both games and metal gear solid and zelda ocarina of time Joyful_3

I like how both of you are proclaiming its excellence despite never having played it. Especially the one who says it'll be better than a platform we've heard literally nothing about outside of a leaked dev kit model, and reports of an Uncharted game being in development for it.

Just so you guys know, this year the PSP will be 7 (seven) years old. The 3DS having better graphics than the PSP is like saying the PS2 has better graphics than the N64. No duh. Also, apprently the 3DS isn't that much more powerful than the PSP, since there's already been a few PSP/3DS titles announced.

(Jan. 09, 2011  2:33 AM)Evan Wrote: I think the 3DS looks pretty awesome, but jeez didn't the DSi XL just come out?

Any news if Metal Gear Solid 3 is still getting ported to 3DS? The demo looked SICK at E3.

Nintendo doesn't care about when they last released a revision (the DSiXL premiered in April in North America, and in late 2009 in Japan).

As for Snake Eater 3D, it's supposed to be out in the Summer - Fall period in Japan. Despite it being my favourite game, I'll probably skip it for now. I've played both Snake Eater, and Subsistence. I'm also kind of getting burned out of seeing Big Boss after playing both Peace Walker, and Portable Ops this year. Maybe I'll buy it when Rising is out.
Apparently North America is getting the 3DS in March. I was expecting July - August, considering most releases are a few months after Japanese releases. But no, Nintendo decided a closer date. (Thank God) I can't wait to Play Zelda in 3D. Not to mention Kid Icarus: Uprising. I hope they release a Port of Pokemon Colosseum in 3D. (Or atleast something Similar.)
I'm hoping to buy the 3DS since it will be released around my birthday anyway. Kingdom Hearts 3D is way up there on my list of upcoming games to buy.
So it was just announced that the 3DS is region-locked. Oh well.