Nintendo 3DS

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/22/3ds...ii-levels/

Up there is a link to part of the E3 Q&A with Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata. To quote him:
"On the other hand, because the visual capabilities of Nintendo 3DS are more powerful than the existing Nintendo DS, if you are going to take full advantage of the graphics capability of Nintendo 3DS, the development cost is also expected to rise"
(Aug. 09, 2010  3:27 PM)otastam Wrote: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/22/3ds...ii-levels/

Up there is a link to part of the E3 Q&A with Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata. To quote him:
"On the other hand, because the visual capabilities of Nintendo 3DS are more powerful than the existing Nintendo DS, if you are going to take full advantage of the graphics capability of Nintendo 3DS, the development cost is also expected to rise"
Yes, they obviously will "Rise" but not be High. -.-
Yeah, that's kind of to be expected. In every generation leap in video games, the development costs always increase because of the amount of people you need to pay to get the most out of the hardware.

That said, I'd imagine the 3DS development costs to be somewhere around Xbox/GC costs. Not exactly breaking the bank.
(Aug. 10, 2010  4:42 AM)To Wrote: Yeah, that's kind of to be expected. In every generation leap in video games, the development costs always increase because of the amount of people you need to pay to get the most out of the hardware.

That said, I'd imagine the 3DS development costs to be somewhere around Xbox/GC costs. Not exactly breaking the bank.

Spot on!
Some footage from my site:
http://3dsconnect.com/2010/08/11/multipl...en-before/
3DS info from today's conference:

Virtual Console Portable (GB, GBC)
Launch: February 12, 2011 (JP)
2GB internal memory
250000 Yen (roughly $300)

There's also been a bunch of games announced. One in particular is Capcom scamming people by selling a multiplayer mode as a full blown game, and of course Megaman Legends 3.
They also announced 3DS for the US and Europe in March of 2011.

Before anyone freaks out, it is highly unlikely that the 3DS will stay at its Japanese price point when it releases elsewhere. I'm betting it will retail in the $200-$250 range at the absolute highest.
Apparently the 3DS will also have augmented reality.
Basicly you place this special card somewhere. Aim your 3ds camera at.Look through the top screen,and boom!
3D graphics seem as they`re shooting out of the screen.

I honestly love this idea. I mean imagine a yu-gi-oh version of this! Its what the fans hoped for from the start.
Augmented technology is nothing new. Sony's been pimping that concept for the better part of the last decade. In fact, this week in North America we will see the release of Invizimals, an augmented reality creature capture game on PSP. They also tried the CCG type games like Yu-Gi-Oh! with Eye of Judgment. It sold like trash (Invizimals however, did extremely well in Europe), and given how close Konami and Sony are, and how Konami's shown no interest in doing any type of Yu-Gi-Oh! game like that, I wouldn't hold my breath. Especially since having to set up cards kind of defeats the purpose of a Yu-Gi-Oh! video game.
i pretty + that its just depth 3D.
(that sounded wrong,i meant posative)
Looks like a factory worker in China wants to become a wanted man:

[Image: nd768.jpg]
[Image: ndi8X.jpg]
[Image: bjef9.jpg]
[Image: KhtBe.jpg]
[Image: 93lYe.jpg]
[Image: YmU6u.jpg]
[Image: 4MdzQ.jpg]
[Image: RMW5m.jpg]
[Image: 9XThs.jpg]

The D-Pad still looks useless, but at least they've fixed that two tone issue with the top screen.

EDIT: Leaked video
Don't worry, they made it quick when they killed him.
Wow, the 3DS is carp as. Seriously, no GBA support, that useless D-Pad, L3 is placed inadequately, and there is 3D support only for the 3DS games. ai hat this peice of junk. what happened with the DSI and XL will happen with this, useless features. Id much rather prefer a used DS Phat from Gamestop for $60 rather than setting me back $300. I have a DS Phat and it works perfectly, pretty cheap and Im sarisfied. The screen quality is easier on the eyes, which is always a bonus. Overrated peice of carp, I predidct this will become. The 3DS is all hype.

My rant is over...

Lol, the last three posts were a MASSIVE necro.
(Jan. 03, 2011  3:24 PM)littlechipz Wrote: Lol, the last three posts were a MASSIVE necro.

Three months is hardly a necro when information that important is leaked by a disgruntled employee.
lol, so true, but hadnt we seen this before?
(Jan. 03, 2011  3:52 PM)littlechipz Wrote: lol, so true, but hadnt we seen this before?

Considering it just leaked today, I would have to say no...
So....HOW exactly is this 3D stuff going to work? I still can't figure it out and I just read through this whole thread.
(Jan. 04, 2011  2:07 AM)|Joe| Wrote: So....HOW exactly is this 3D stuff going to work? I still can't figure it out and I just read through this whole thread.

It uses autosteroscopy via a parallax barrier. So I think you basically see a different image with each eye; each image is at a slightly different angle than the other so that it imitates how your eyes normally see physical objects in 3 dimensions.
Ok ok I get it now. It sounds feasible because I highly doubt they would make it so you need glasses, I don't think anyone would buy it then.
I still think the design of the 3DS is absolutely atrocious, but I guess that's just me.

I'm sure Nintendo will release a much more attractive 3DS-Lite in a few months anyway.
(Jan. 03, 2011  3:24 PM)littlechipz Wrote: Wow, the 3DS is carp as. Seriously, no GBA support.

they explained the gba support problem a while ago, you download the gba games. it's much cheaer then buying them, they also going to have gb and gbc games downloadable.
(Jan. 05, 2011  12:07 AM)pikabattler Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2011  3:24 PM)littlechipz Wrote: Wow, the 3DS is carp as. Seriously, no GBA support.

they explained the gba support problem a while ago, you download the gba games. it's much cheaer then buying them, they also going to have gb and gbc games downloadable.
Your almost correct. Yes, you will be able to download Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. But the ability to download Gameboy Advance games will not be a function.
what? ok im checking Pokemon aus and tell them they are wrong.
(Jun. 16, 2010  3:26 AM)To Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2010  2:51 AM)The LVJ Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2010  7:20 PM)To Wrote: That thing is worse than the 360 slim.

Are you going to state your reasoning?

I said it in the E3 thread, but I have an issue with the clamshell design and my hands so this using that design is something I already have a problem with. The two screens taking up different real estate on each shell looks really cheap and ugly. Also, the positioning of the one (!) analog nub is so weird and off putting. That last part also is something that'll cramp up my hands.

While it is a mockup, I doubt much will change before launch.

(Jun. 16, 2010  7:07 AM)Roan Wrote: ITT: To nags about negligible design decisions that will almost certainly be dropped/changed before release.

(Jan. 04, 2011  11:50 PM)Roan Wrote: I still think the design of the 3DS is absolutely atrocious, but I guess that's just me.

I'm sure Nintendo will release a much more attractive 3DS-Lite in a few months anyway.

Libruhhh
I might have been able to take this post seriously if you and I were complaining about the same things.

I should have been more specific; I think the aesthetic design of the system is ugly. It's too blocky. I'm fine with the screens and the button placement and everything else.