Poll: Would you Attend
Yes
No
Possibly
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4 Average

[Newcastle, UK] Nothern Brawl 2
Newt

Newcastle's TO
BeyRank: #263 (1,202)
Face of CourageFace of DaysBronze FaceCapricorne FaceBrad FaceAmber FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIEmerald FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSapphire Face

(Aug 23 2010 12:42 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote:  Eh, my group of mates is separate from them, and they all just sit on the 4th floor by some sofas haha
Which stadiums should I bring? Mobile and Ultimate? The mobile stadium is great cause you can unscrew the door things and make it like a Takara one Smile

If you have one a mfb takara one as they are the only legal ones afaik. Just bring whatever your comfortable with.

Sometimes we don't learn from our mistakes.
[Image: snksiggy.jpg]
Sometimes we've no choice but to walk away...
Aug 23 2010 01:04 AM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
TraceKaiser

BeyRank: #1,025 (1,049)
Silver FaceFace of Days II

I don't hav any MFB stadiums - only plastics ones I'm afraid.
Aug 23 2010 09:11 AM

Which library would the tournament be held in?

And also would it be open to all ages as i'm only 12.
Aug 23 2010 10:47 AM
xUni

[ xXUnicornoXx ]
BeyRank: #472 (1,132)
Bronze FaceFace of Days IIAmber FaceEmerald FaceUnicorno FaceAquila FaceSilver FaceBlaze FaceRose Gold Face

Quote:I understand bud. This is gonna be a tester just so see how many people show. That and we cant really say its for points and call it a tourney if only 5 people show up. Im hoping more will turn out so in october we can have one for points.

Also where about you from?

I'm from near Carlisle, just on the border, it's around an hours drive to Newcastle- I reckon we could go for getting 8-12 people, I'll still end up going and I'll bring a friend along, + you and theres a good 5 others pretty active on this thread that would go, I'm sure we could go for a reasonable amount of people.
Like I said, I can bring an Attack Stadium and the MFB Balance stadium for use, and if anyone needs any blades I could lend out a couple so long as I got them back : P

My YT Channel: xXUnicornoXx (Click)

Beyblade Zero-G VS 4D Battles (Click)

Beyblade Zero-G Battles (Click)

Beyblade MFB Battles (Click)

Beyblade Collection Videos (Click)
Aug 23 2010 10:52 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
TraceKaiser

It'd be held in Newcastle Central Library (if it is held in the library), which is just along from the Monument, and is behind Northumberland Street, so is like pretty damn central haha.
The Library wouldn't impose any age restrictions at all - that would be down to Newt - but I don't see any reason he would haha
I can definitely bring at least one mate, and my girlfriend loves beyblades so maybe I can persuade her too Tongue_out
Aug 23 2010 11:44 AM
Newt

Newcastle's TO
Face of CourageFace of DaysBronze FaceCapricorne FaceBrad FaceAmber FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIEmerald FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSapphire Face

(Aug 23 2010 11:44 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote:  It'd be held in Newcastle Central Library (if it is held in the library), which is just along from the Monument, and is behind Northumberland Street, so is like pretty damn central haha.
The Library wouldn't impose any age restrictions at all - that would be down to Newt - but I don't see any reason he would haha
I can definitely bring at least one mate, and my girlfriend loves beyblades so maybe I can persuade her too Tongue_out

Nahh no age restrictions as long as the older ones help the younger ones. Thats something that doesnt happen in yu gi oh thats why all the kids quit after a month.

Aug 23 2010 03:13 PM

So what time would the tournament be held and would it cost?
Aug 25 2010 05:09 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

(Aug 25 2010 05:09 PM)EggNogg05 Wrote:  So what time would the tournament be held and would it cost?

1pm and FREE

Unless we all decide to put a couple of quid in to play for prizes.

Aug 26 2010 12:33 AM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #531 (1,116)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days VEmerald Face

(Aug 26 2010 12:33 AM)Newt Wrote:  1pm and FREE

Unless we all decide to put a couple of quid in to play for prizes.
Hm, were you trying to host a tournament or not ? Because unless you have to financially rent a venue, the entry fee is of five American dollars, if you did not know ...

[Image: UeGedi8.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Aug 26 2010 12:52 AM
TraceKaiser

Yeh but this isn't a WBO tournament, this is unofficial.
I'd be willing to pay a couple of quid to help towards prizes. No more than a couple of quid though
Aug 26 2010 09:52 AM
(This post was last modified: Aug 26 2010 10:30 AM by EggNogg05.)
I'm a bit skint but i'd be happy to donate two or three quid for prizes.
you could easily get a hold of some beyblade prizes from argos as it's near the library and sell single beys, twin pack beys, launcher grips and things like that
I got a hold of my dark wolf and storm pegasus from there.
Aug 26 2010 10:14 AM
xUni

[ xXUnicornoXx ]
Bronze FaceFace of Days IIAmber FaceEmerald FaceUnicorno FaceAquila FaceSilver FaceBlaze FaceRose Gold Face

I could also donate £2 / £3 , and the friend of mine that I'd take could too (Y)

Aug 26 2010 01:01 PM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days VEmerald Face

(Aug 26 2010 09:52 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote:  Yeh but this isn't a WBO tournament, this is unofficial.
I'd be willing to pay a couple of quid to help towards prizes. No more than a couple of quid though
Since Newt was making sure Beystadiums were legal, I thought he might want to make it official ...

ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Aug 26 2010 03:24 PM

the bottom of my string launcher broke so I replaced it with the bottom of another launcher.
Can I use this in the tournament?
Aug 26 2010 05:26 PM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY

(Aug 26 2010 05:26 PM)EggNogg05 Wrote:  the bottom of my string launcher broke so I replaced it with the bottom of another launcher.
Can I use this in the tournament?
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Orga...cial-Rules

ベイブレード
Aug 26 2010 07:24 PM
(This post was last modified: Aug 26 2010 07:30 PM by EggNogg05.)
I read the rules and it said nothing about it so can I use it?
Also my sister wants to watch. Are spectators allowed?
Aug 26 2010 07:29 PM
Daegor42

変身!
BeyRank: #271 (1,198)
Amethyst FaceAntique FaceDJ FaceLibra FaceLapis Lazuli FaceFace of SoulCancer FaceEmerald FaceFace of Days IIFace of Days IIISapphire FaceAnniversary Face 2013Eternal Passport Face

(Aug 26 2010 07:29 PM)EggNogg05 Wrote:  I read the rules and it said nothing about it so can I use it?

Should have read the Legal Modification section then...

戦う, 正義の 仮面ライダーV3!
Aug 26 2010 07:32 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Oh, thanks! Just flipped through the rules before.
Aug 26 2010 07:35 PM
xUni

[ xXUnicornoXx ]

Why don't we make this one official?
I'm sure we could get 12 people, you could say have 4 groups of 3 people (hypothetically), everyone plays each other in their allocated group, the person with the most wins advances to the semi's? Then maybe a third place play-off also? For the 8 people that where knocked out, they could say have a mini 'losers' tournament of their own, starting with quarter finals?
All I'm saying is I'm sure we could easily make this a successful and enjoyable tournament with 12 people and could easily make it official with Beypoints etc, I was just curious as why we weren't planning on making it official.

Aug 26 2010 08:13 PM
TraceKaiser

It is slightly confusing as to why we're worrying about sorting out which stadiums are official and whatever, but not actually making it official. I'm assuming it doesn't cost to make it official?
Also, we really really need to make this so anybody can come along and battle and have fun, but to enter in the tournament they have to pay. Likewise, I think we should begin (and let people battle and whatever) a fair bit before actually beginning the tournament. I dunno, just some ideas.
Aug 26 2010 09:28 PM