Poll: Would you Attend
Yes
No
Possibly
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4 Average

[Newcastle, UK] Nothern Brawl 2
Newt

Newcastle's TO
BeyRank: #263 (1,202)
Face of CourageFace of DaysBronze FaceCapricorne FaceBrad FaceAmber FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIEmerald FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSapphire Face

Threads not dead i check it every couple of days Tongue_out

Update.

Had a word with my boss. He sounds interested may let me hold a tourney next month. Will confirm with dates later.

Sometimes we don't learn from our mistakes.
[Image: snksiggy.jpg]
Sometimes we've no choice but to walk away...
Jul 08 2010 10:42 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
xUni

[ xXUnicornoXx ]
BeyRank: #472 (1,132)
Bronze FaceFace of Days IIAmber FaceEmerald FaceUnicorno FaceAquila FaceSilver FaceBlaze FaceRose Gold Face

Any updates??

My YT Channel: xXUnicornoXx (Click)

Beyblade Zero-G VS 4D Battles (Click)

Beyblade Zero-G Battles (Click)

Beyblade MFB Battles (Click)

Beyblade Collection Videos (Click)
Aug 13 2010 12:20 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Newt

Newcastle's TO
Face of CourageFace of DaysBronze FaceCapricorne FaceBrad FaceAmber FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIEmerald FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSapphire Face

I think im going to have to fund this myself. I need 15 people paying £4 tourney entry to cover the venue and prizes. If i cant get those 15 people i'm going to be out of pocket Unhappy

At the moment i'm waiting for more people to aquire their own beyblades. Then im going to advertise in town and a few other places to see what happens.

Aug 14 2010 08:34 PM
xUni

[ xXUnicornoXx ]
Bronze FaceFace of Days IIAmber FaceEmerald FaceUnicorno FaceAquila FaceSilver FaceBlaze FaceRose Gold Face

(Aug 14 2010 08:34 PM)Newt Wrote:  I think im going to have to fund this myself. I need 15 people paying £4 tourney entry to cover the venue and prizes. If i cant get those 15 people i'm going to be out of pocket Unhappy

At the moment i'm waiting for more people to aquire their own beyblades. Then im going to advertise in town and a few other places to see what happens.

Fair enough, hope something happens soon : P I could easily bring Beys for people + Stadiums, and I'll get a friend of mine to go to.

Aug 15 2010 08:08 PM
TraceKaiser

BeyRank: #1,025 (1,049)
Silver FaceFace of Days II

I'd definitely be down. I know a lot of people who go to the Yugioh tournaments, so I'd probably get some of them along too.
This would be great if it happened!
I don't really have enough stuff to lend out, blade-wise - however, I have the Takara Bey Ultimate Stadium (spinning center), the Hasbro Thunder Rumbler, Hasbro clear stadium, and the portable one too, if any of those could be of any use?

So what kinda date are we looking at here?
Aug 15 2010 11:42 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

Well im going to enquire about prices tomorrow. The venue i have in mind is in North Shields its 10minues walk from Tynemouth metro station. This would give me a room in a community centre and over all look quite professional. I would charge an enterace fee for the tourney and give out prizes.

The only problem with this idea is that its going to cost me upfront and ill need a lot of player backing with advertising ect.

My other idea was to hold a free or minimal fee event. Somewhere in town probably in leazez park. Ive heard quite a few rumors that people in the green have beyblades ( Havnt confirmed this yet)

Either way im desperate to get back into the tourney scene without traveling down to London.

Aug 18 2010 06:44 PM
TraceKaiser

I'm from the green, and blade (as you may well guess...)
I've got a couple friends who also blade. Most people just play yugioh though.

haha, my first gig was in the Linkskill! Fun times.

I think Leazes would probably be better though, simply so you can see who arrives and whatever. Would it be MFB only, or whatever?
I know a lot of people who have some original plastics who would probably dig em out for the day. It would certainly get more people to come.

What would be better, is if:
A) We made this regular (bi-monthly?)
and B) It became an official WBO event. Dunno how you go around doing that, but if we could that'd be great. Smile
Aug 19 2010 10:10 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

Ahh i knew someone would be lurking.

I dont go to the green myself but you'll probably know one of my close mates Sam Scurr. He is up there all the time playing yu gi oh and blading.

Id say Saturday the 4th September sounds good. gives enough time for people to get ahold of blades and spread the word.

Sound good?

Aug 19 2010 11:14 PM
xUni

[ xXUnicornoXx ]

Sounds great, I could advertise this over Youtube if you like too, might get a couple more people at least.
So are we getting this to be an official WBO tournament? [Beypoints etc]

Aug 20 2010 10:14 AM
TraceKaiser

Yeah, sounds cool!
I'll spread the word amongst my mates
Aug 20 2010 07:08 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

(Aug 20 2010 10:14 AM)xXUnicornoXx Wrote:  Sounds great, I could advertise this over Youtube if you like too, might get a couple more people at least.
So are we getting this to be an official WBO tournament? [Beypoints etc]

(Aug 20 2010 07:08 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote:  Yeah, sounds cool!
I'll spread the word amongst my mates

Sweet guys. The more publicity the better.

I would say its best not to make this one for points or anything just yet. IIt's gonna be better to focus more on getting new people onto WBO. Then when people are on it we can start going for points and prizes ect.

Aug 20 2010 10:42 PM
xUni

[ xXUnicornoXx ]

Quote: Sweet guys. The more publicity the better.

I would say its best not to make this one for points or anything just yet. IIt's gonna be better to focus more on getting new people onto WBO. Then when people are on it we can start going for points and prizes ect.

I fully agree with the way we need to get new people onto the WBO from the area, however Newcastle is still a good hour away from me, and I'd only be willing to go that way if I could go for Beypoints if I'm being fully honest. I'll certainly advertise this on Youtube and hopefully that could un-earth some more Newcastle 'Area' bladers.

Aug 21 2010 10:52 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

(Aug 21 2010 10:52 PM)xXUnicornoXx Wrote:  
Quote: Sweet guys. The more publicity the better.

I fully agree with the way we need to get new people onto the WBO from the area, however Newcastle is still a good hour away from me, and I'd only be willing to go that way if I could go for Beypoints if I'm being fully honest. I'll certainly advertise this on Youtube and hopefully that could un-earth some more Newcastle 'Area' bladers.

I understand bud. This is gonna be a tester just so see how many people show. That and we cant really say its for points and call it a tourney if only 5 people show up. Im hoping more will turn out so in october we can have one for points.

Also where about you from?

Aug 22 2010 05:00 PM
TraceKaiser

Thought this was worth a mention - on Saturday, I joined some friends who were playing Yugioh in the library. A member of staff told us they didn't want a group of around 10 people sitting around, but that we could go upstairs and use the creche, on the one condition that we left no mess.
For basically the whole day, we got a room full of sofas, chairs, tables, a kitchen and toilet facilities to ourselves, for absolutely free.

Maybe you could ring the library and ask to be able to use it sometime? I doubt they'd charge, and people would be much more willing to go to somewhere more central and indoors Smile
Aug 22 2010 08:17 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

(Aug 22 2010 08:17 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote:  Thought this was worth a mention - on Saturday, I joined some friends who were playing Yugioh in the library. A member of staff told us they didn't want a group of around 10 people sitting around, but that we could go upstairs and use the creche, on the one condition that we left no mess.
For basically the whole day, we got a room full of sofas, chairs, tables, a kitchen and toilet facilities to ourselves, for absolutely free.

Maybe you could ring the library and ask to be able to use it sometime? I doubt they'd charge, and people would be much more willing to go to somewhere more central and indoors Smile

Yeah I used to go to the library back when I played yu gi oh. If you drop my name (Newt) most of the regulars will know me. Havnt been there in a while but when I did go they kept complaining about the noise. Thats one thing that beyblade does make a lot of noise.

Having said that we were playing on the third level sat around 2 or 3 chairs at the back. I havnt seen anyone in the creche but I might investigate on the 4th. Only problem is you cant take entrance fee when they give you it for free so I doubt we would be able to play for prizes.

Aug 22 2010 09:00 PM
TraceKaiser

You could still charge an entry fee to the actual competition though ;D Free to come and battle anyone if you wanted, but you wouldn't enter in the tournament and therefore couldn't win prizes. I think the Yugioh tournaments at the hotel work in a similar way? I quite hate Yuigoh, so don't really know haha..
And the creche is on the second level, opposite the noisy cafe. There's no books on that level, AND it's all closed doors and carp. So there's not really any trouble at all with noise issues. There was 10+ of us in there, and only like 4 people were playing Yugioh Smile We're noisy folks (and I was blading in some empty sand pit or something, which was NOISY) and had no complaints.
I did a chiptune workshop in that room, and we had 8 gameboys through a really loud PA system... So yeah! hahah
Aug 22 2010 09:55 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

Well from past experience in the old library (before they knocked it down for the refurb) I used to bring my laptp in to do yu gi tournys. I got pulled when i charged entrance fee to one. Obv because im not paying for a venue so its a bit cheeky to do so because they assume your making a profit.

If we did charge a fee it would have to be minimal and somebody would have to buy prizes upfront.

Also im guessing you have stadiums?

I can contribute 2 blades (wolf, dark bull) and 2 launchers for public use. I currently dont have any stadiums unless Black Rose lets me borrow his TB set.

Aug 22 2010 11:05 PM
TraceKaiser

I've got the Hasbro Portable (old one, where you can remove the gates and make it cool), Thunder Rumbler (huge and carp), clear stadium (so old, and so thrashed haha), a fake Takara-style stadium with the most insane slope evarrrr, and the Takara Ultimate Stadium (rotating center one).
I'm not sure if I'd be able to lend any MFB, mainly cause I only have a few, but I can totally lend launchers and ripcords haha
Aug 22 2010 11:10 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

Ive got 5 but ones illegal (libra) and the other 2 are the ones i would like to use myself.

If you could bring two stadiums that would be great. The library definately seems like a much better venue. I just hope the yu gi crowd will leave me alone.

Aug 22 2010 11:29 PM
TraceKaiser

Eh, my group of mates is separate from them, and they all just sit on the 4th floor by some sofas haha
Which stadiums should I bring? Mobile and Ultimate? The mobile stadium is great cause you can unscrew the door things and make it like a Takara one Smile
Aug 23 2010 12:42 AM