Poll: Would you Attend

Yes
35.29%
No
29.41%
Possibly
35.29%
Total: 100% 34 vote(s)
(Aug. 26, 2010  7:29 PM)EggNogg05 Wrote: I read the rules and it said nothing about it so can I use it?

Should have read the Legal Modification section then...
Why don't we make this one official?
I'm sure we could get 12 people, you could say have 4 groups of 3 people (hypothetically), everyone plays each other in their allocated group, the person with the most wins advances to the semi's? Then maybe a third place play-off also? For the 8 people that where knocked out, they could say have a mini 'losers' tournament of their own, starting with quarter finals?
All I'm saying is I'm sure we could easily make this a successful and enjoyable tournament with 12 people and could easily make it official with Beypoints etc, I was just curious as why we weren't planning on making it official.
It is slightly confusing as to why we're worrying about sorting out which stadiums are official and whatever, but not actually making it official. I'm assuming it doesn't cost to make it official?
Also, we really really need to make this so anybody can come along and battle and have fun, but to enter in the tournament they have to pay. Likewise, I think we should begin (and let people battle and whatever) a fair bit before actually beginning the tournament. I dunno, just some ideas.
(Aug. 26, 2010  9:28 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote: It is slightly confusing as to why we're worrying about sorting out which stadiums are official and whatever, but not actually making it official. I'm assuming it doesn't cost to make it official?
Also, we really really need to make this so anybody can come along and battle and have fun, but to enter in the tournament they have to pay. Likewise, I think we should begin (and let people battle and whatever) a fair bit before actually beginning the tournament. I dunno, just some ideas.

I went to the Summer WBO Official tournament in London, and we did a good half an hour of 'free battles' so people could test out their beys and get to know the other people there etc. I think if we were to make this official, we would have to charge an entry fee to those people who didn't have a blader passport. [On that subject, I bought one at the event I went to, but never got the passport face?]
Would it not be best to let people have free battles for, well free, but then charge entry to the tournament?
I'm just sure a fair amount more people would like to come and just battle rather than pay to enter a tournament - and if they're fairly casual, then they may be more likely to enter if they can get into it a bit first.
I think you should just try to avoid confusion by making everybody pay for the entry fee or the Blader Passport or nothing if they already have one, or have clearly separated and distant areas for free play and one for the tournament. At some point, somebody might try to officially play and it will be difficult to make sure that they did pay the entry fee. Plus, you have to ensure that at least eight people play in the tournament anyway, even if there are eight in total, but only five who blade officially. For free play, if you have enough people for the tournament, then of course entry fee does not have to be charged.

If some people come to events repetitively and always only do free play though, that is not fair for our tournaments and organisation ...

xXUnicornoXx Wrote:On that subject, I bought one at the event I went to, but never got the passport face?
Hm, Kei is currently on vacation, but I will try to see what the situation is once he is back.
(Aug. 26, 2010  3:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2010  9:52 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Yeh but this isn't a WBO tournament, this is unofficial.
I'd be willing to pay a couple of quid to help towards prizes. No more than a couple of quid though
Since Newt was making sure Beystadiums were legal, I thought he might want to make it official ...
I will want to make it official. Im going to do this one unoficialy to size up what its going to be like. I need to know how many players will enter and which format is best. Consider this one a trial run Smile

(Aug. 26, 2010  8:13 PM)xXUnicornoXx Wrote: Why don't we make this one official?
I'm sure we could get 12 people, you could say have 4 groups of 3 people (hypothetically), everyone plays each other in their allocated group, the person with the most wins advances to the semi's? Then maybe a third place play-off also? For the 8 people that where knocked out, they could say have a mini 'losers' tournament of their own, starting with quarter finals?
All I'm saying is I'm sure we could easily make this a successful and enjoyable tournament with 12 people and could easily make it official with Beypoints etc, I was just curious as why we weren't planning on making it official.

Basicaly ill be following this http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf
If we get 12 or over we will do block round robin. With the top players gaining entry to the finals. (Finalists will get prizes Grin)

(Aug. 26, 2010  9:28 PM)TraceKaiser Wrote: It is slightly confusing as to why we're worrying about sorting out which stadiums are official and whatever, but not actually making it official. I'm assuming it doesn't cost to make it official?

The idea is for everyone to get a sample of what playing in a structured tournament is about. We want to encourage the people that are not on this site to join up. If these players sign up to this site it means they can learn more and develop their skills. It also gives them the opportunity to find out about they beypoinys system. if they know about the system they might try harder to win.

The idea with a entry fee is to provide prizes to the winners. For example if we got 15 players i would ask everyone if they were ok with paying £1. That would be £15 and would get 2 beyblades (1 for 1st 1 for 2nd).

Also im insisting on using correct stadiums for practice. When the time comes that the tourneys made official everyone will have practice with the offical legal stadiums.

With this im hoping to create a good little active community where everyone has fun.
Fair enough then, I'd be more than happy to pay an entry fee to help with prizes- I'll just keep an eye on this thread for when we get a date now I guess Wink
(Aug. 27, 2010  6:28 PM)EggNogg05 Wrote: So it's going to be held at 1:00 pm, 4th of september at the library?
Oh, and are spectators allowed to come and watch?

Saturday the 4th of September

The Creche inside of Newcastle Central Library
(Aug. 27, 2010  10:00 PM)Newt Wrote: Saturday the 4th of September

The Creche inside of Newcastle Central Library

Dude if you want loads of people there get chumba to advertise since he knows everybody at the green to begin with :\
I dont mind going I went to pokemon tournament all the way in derby so there is no stopping me
Have you checked with the library yet, to see if we can use the crèche?
(Aug. 29, 2010  12:04 AM)TraceKaiser Wrote: Have you checked with the library yet, to see if we can use the crèche?

I realy havn't had the time or the money to go into town(/doesnt get paid till friday Crying ). What happens with the library tho if you do something their once you'll usualy get to do it every week after that. As far as they are concerned its just gonna be the same guys doing blading +a few more.

Aslong as people don't go up to the library staff and say "wheres the beyblade tounament" they probably wont get moody. The second the word tournament is mentioned to them it means somethings been pre organised and they go in a huff because obv the library is a free venue.

If we arnt allowed in there we'll just go to leazes park Joyful_2 thats was my original plan because then you know its free Smile

This might just be a one off because if the numbers work out ill put down money to get a proper venue.
Well I think when we got to go in there a couple weeks ago it was simply because it was free. It may be in use on Saturday, so.. It'd be pretty lame if we all got there and couldn't use it haha.
I guess if we can't, we'll just meet there anyway and go up to Leazes?
I'm gonna enquire with Black Rose on the day. If not we can just meet up at the library and go to the park Smile
Sweet Smile What time we meeting there again?
Saturday should be fine for me, I'll check with a friend of mine today to see if he can come along too.
What's the time we meet at the library / the entry fee?
(Aug. 30, 2010  11:01 AM)xXUnicornoXx Wrote: Saturday should be fine for me, I'll check with a friend of mine today to see if he can come along too.
What's the time we meet at the library / the entry fee?

well im gonna be around there from around 12:00 and entry fee depends on if how mant people and if they want to pay.

If anyone wants to swap phone numbers just send me a pm
hi im deffinatly going on saterday sounds good the band stand in leasers would be good if we cant get into the libery as from what iv heard from the staff in the libery the cresh is off limits on a saterday due to the pay group (learn't from playing yu gi oh there lol) but the libery have lots of rooms
I'll try and get there for 12 then, but should we not make a list of the people meant to be attending and a more detailed description of the starting time / rules / place ? And possibly make a new topic for the actual tournament for that, so more people are aware a tournament is on and that could get a few more people, who knows..