MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF!

Thanks dan. Btw I dont have 230 or CS Serious just 2 more parts away from being a real pro lol.
(May. 19, 2011  1:16 AM)® Wrote: Thanks dan. Btw I dont have 230 or CS Serious just 2 more parts away from being a real pro lol.
Rotation......PLEASE STOP! You are trying way too hard. Plenty of people have the parts but fail to use them correctly or they just are not that good. You have potential and you are a good attack blader. Even if you are trying to be funny, it's not a good look. You just downplayed yourself. If I threw away all of my 230s and CSs, it wouldn't make me a weaker blader and if I bought more, it wouldn't make me better. With the combo and LT out now, they are pretty much garbage together anyway. Just stop trying to shine while standing in the center of the sun..you wont do anything but get burned.
Dan, mind telling whats wrong with my shooting in the video? I keep getting Draws, instead of OSes
I don't see a video up of MM, link me it?
Why didn't you use Sliding Shoot with that video ? I know it's hard, but it won't be able to attack if you don't use it. I saw it being used only once.. most of the rest were all banked, some weren't even banked.
Well, Dan pretty much said Bank or Straight shoot. So, pretty much
Lost there.
Alright guys, leave it to me. I do footage, Azlan does the aesthetics, you okay with that?
i can.. anyways dan, how about my launching style? Whats wrong with it?
Yeah, I don't get lead to the right page with that link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqBp_0r8Fc0

Here it is.. I keep getting draws. Also dan, i figured out what you meant by shooting MLD in 20%, i realise my shooting was way to powerful and i keep shooting around 40% when i thought its 20%. Its a good combo, however, lately, i have been using MM against attack combos like Vulcan, Screw and Pegasis but it managed to get around 20%. Weird. (I did this with my Bro, he uses the Attack Combo while i use MM.)
I have misplaced my predominantly stamina oriented CS, and when I use the aggressive one, I too experience such a split, which seems like it leans more to MLD by, like, 1/4 of a rotation..
I will place a video if you guys want with ch120. What do you it against (I don't have cs or basalt but anything else)
Considering the results you got with your supposed 'Counter', no thanks.
I said I'd do it.
How many people here have successfully used (or hell, even actually just used) this custom in an official WBO tournament? If you have, post here about your experience with it. I've never even seen anyone using this at a Toronto tournament, nevermind coming close to placing with it.

Some of the results in the OP are a bit unbelievable to me based on the (admittedly little) testing I've done, and everyone I've talked to doesn't understand why this combo is so highly regarded, so I'm curious.
lmao Well its all Bluezee's doing. He has about as much skill with XF (controlling it, as some members find it hard to do) as I do and at one of the tournaments, just as you explained, a bunch of people talked it down while he was talking to them. He then began to completely smash all combinations brought to him, from Canada with love.
Once you get used to the whole experience XF gives you, these results in the OP are achievable, and by no means hard to get at that point. I think if you read the OP over, I mentioned it. I understand your doubt in this combination, as I would have said the same too. I will be attending a lot of tournaments held over the summer and I will personally show you what this is capable of. I actually need to practice with it more since I've gone back to using RF, which essentially mutilated my sensitivity 'setting' gained by using XF.

There is a combination of reasons why you don't see MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF at your tournaments;
1. Who the heck has XF? It is not a common piece which hinders this entire combination from growing.
2. Those who do have it don't bother 'practicing' their shooting techniques with it since they didn't get such amazing results fast, like the OP.
3. They have XF but don't use it. (You'd be in that category, and I'd love it if you came out of it and practiced with XF.)

Practice a lot with it. Thats all I can really say because I have so much information on this customizations launching tips I can't even begin to organize it onto a single post, so if you stumble onto a combination (like Hell BD145WD) which you cannot either smog out with Tornado Stalling, or KO it (That usually comes almost at a constant when your good, and can control XF your own way.) PM me and I'll either imagine the scenario and place a launch and track height for best results with MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF or I'll plain test it [MLD vs. combination X which troubles you] myself and tell you what [launch style] worked best for me.

Is this coherent enough? I have so many thoughts about this going through my head, man.
Anyway, see you in summer and you'll see this combination. Seriously, practice with it and you'll get what I mean.
Well, Dan pretty much covered it but I will add. During the last NY tourney, everything metagame based was played during free play. I used MM on EVERYTHING and killed all of them. Now these were against some pretty carping good players who happened to LOVE Basalt so thats all they mainly used. Basalt 230CS and Basalt BD145CS were used mainly by the Basalt players. There were a few Beat combos but nothing major. MM dominated everything. The tournament before that in NY, I did the same thing when people downplayed MM as if it was subpar. I took it personal and made it my business to shut them down.

At first, I was okay with XF from prior experience but with MM's release, I perfected it. So in conclusion, you NEED TO PRACTICE WITH THIS BEFORE YOU GET THESE RESULTS! Unlike with LT, this actually requires completely mastery of all of its parts rather than one on LT.
Kill the nicknames ahhhhhh
Also how do you 'master' a part like Metal Face or Meteo.
loldidn't write it correctly.
This was posted before this whole calamity, I don't feel like being reprimanded for this unless people are completely unaware of the combination in question because I wrote an essay as the title, with no clarification of the combination. The title has the combination in it, so this is one 'Heel Gaurd of Achilles' or 'Immortal, Fatal Unicorn Slasher' you know the parts to.
I'm completely out of the loop with the current meta game, though I did some quick reading and found that this and MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) BD145LRF are the current dominant combos of the game.

I tested both combos, and I must say they're both amazing combos ecspically MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF. However, one thing that I've noticed is that CS is the dominant Defensive tip in the current metagame. What happened to RS? Everybody is now testing Defence combo's with CS. CS is a great tip though you need to remember it's a hybrid, it has great Defence and Stamina qualities, however it doesn't excel in one particular area. That's is CS's downfall, it doesn't have the raw Defensive qualities that RS possesses. RS is still quite simply the best Defence tip available. Due to this I hate to say this, but the predominant of the testing on current combos is flawed.

I just tested MF Meteo LDrago CH120/145XF against MF-H Basalt Bull 85RS and must say Meteo was completely dominated. Once I changed the tip to CS the results swayed Meteo's way, though when Basalt was using RS, Basalt completely dominated. The wins Basalt recorded weren't just by KO but also by outspinning the opponent by a small margin. This occurred when Meteo was launched various styles, sliding shot, banking, banking with the track showing, and even straight shot where Meteo was circling the Tornado Ridge in an attempt to stall. I achieved the same results against MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF just for the recored. MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF and MF Meteo LDrago CH120XF simply didn't have the attacking flair to KO MF-H Basalt Bull 85RS and both lost to OS against Basalt as well.

What I'm asking for, is the community to begin testing Attack combos against pure Defence combos again. Start using RS! It's quite simply the best Defence tip available. Using a hybrid tip such CS for Defence combos gives flawed results and an unfair representation of a combos potential.
I actually don't have that tip, or I would have. By the way, are you joking about RS?
Standard launch MLD, it will 'Tornado Stall' and get a simplistic OS, or at least it should..
By the way, even though it was an insinuation;
oh my god Fyuuor, posting in my thread!!!!111
It's good to see that you've been keeping active Dan Wink

I'm completely serious about RS. If it were against a right spin Beyblade then it'll probably be a completely different story in regards to OS. But since the Basalt wheel is reasonably round and Meteo is spinning left it keeps Basalt spinning by allowing Basalt to feed off of Meteo's spin. Same thing happens against MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF but not to the extent as Meteo.
Damn, I will most definitely look into that.
Glad you like MF Lightning LDrago BD145LRF, I believe Bluezee and I pride ourselves, I honestly didn't think it would overflow like this, and I've said this numerous times on different occasions.
Thanks a lot man. Though if you want to play the debate card, CS is used much more often than RS in tournaments. (Except for AN, astounding combination Valentin/Cye/Whoever else used the same combo)
Didn't think CS would get this far either, but play hard 2nd fiddle to RS. (Mint CS>>>>>>>>RS all day man)
I can understand why people would choose CS, it's a great part. It has Stamina that rivals WD/PD whilst it's Defensive qualities are comparable to RS. And in a Tournament situation where you're not sure what up against CS would be the safer choice, it's more balanced. However, it seems as though people have forgotten how useful of a tip like RS can be in countering specific combos. It really can cause some headaches, and like CS is does have weaknesses as well.

I suppose at the end of the day I'm just trying to 'remind' people that there are options available other then CS. They need to remember that no combo is perfect and everything has a counter, we just simply haven't looked hard enough.

The thing that I like about this combo and MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF is the versatility of them. They're able to defeat a range of track heights and type attributes. That's what made them become as successful as they have become. They're perfect Tournament combos, they sort of cover all angles. It's the same reason why I liked MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF, it was a sort of 'jack of all trades'.
Well said, and I completely agree with RS being undermined unjustly. (no matter how much I like CS, haha)
This combination has not been prominent at tournaments at all since it requires getting used to and changes the mindset of an RF-based player. (me being one of them.) I am having great difficulty going back to XF now. Transition is hell.