Legend Bey Testing

(Feb. 06, 2011  8:19 PM)NightWolf7919 Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2011  7:35 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Considering the only thing that has shown any decent potential is Night for defence I think this is the priority.

Midnight has shown potential as an Attack wheel...

the problem is that for some people it does good, but for others it reaks
(Feb. 06, 2011  7:35 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Considering the only thing that has shown any decent potential is Night for defence I think this is the priority.

Except he was talking about Night, not Midnight.

How exactly? The only testing anyone has posted it got 40% against a WB defence combo when on RF which is pretty pitiful. Even rock gets better than that....
(Feb. 06, 2011  8:40 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:

How exactly? The only testing anyone has posted it got 40% against a WB defence combo when on RF which is pretty pitiful. Even rock gets better than that....

Have you seen McFrown's tests?
(Feb. 06, 2011  8:48 PM)NightWolf7919 Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2011  8:40 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:

Have you seen McFrown's tests?

or megablader9's, he got 90% win with mf midnight ___ 100rf vs earth bull gb145wb IIRC

edit: 95% win
Playing around with Midnight Bull 100Q(inofail) vs. Earth Wolves of all sorts at 120 and 145 heights in PTW(Again, inofail, it's the only stadium I have) and Earth Wolf C145WD(and Flame Sagittario C145S) gets lifted into the air sometimes(upper attack finally!) but Midnight is so light that after about two hits, Midnight Bull loses all spin and attack velocity and dies(RF is worse because of rubber friction and height, so don't ask). Sadface.
ummm, no, RF is better considering that it is good in knock outs BECAUSE of the friction. the reason y the test is not really good is because ur use of a hasbro stadium. hasbro stadiums give less chances of knock outs. but yeah, if you look at tests in takara tomy stadiums, there are higher chances of knock outs.
Of course, for
MF lightning L Drago CH120/145RF vs. MF Earth Aquario C145CS (GB145 was Jacksonians Pinching_eyes_2)
CH120 height win rate: 30%
CH145 height win rate: 40%
My CH120 is hasbro, and it's locking mechanism seems flawed to me. So, I re-did the 145 height testings with a 145 track.
145RF Win rate: 50% So it's not as bad as I thought, but I think I'll get a TT CH120 soon.
All tests were out of ten, except the 145, that was out of twenty.
TT attack stadium, Beylauncher LR, Defense launched first, the normal test settings.
(Feb. 06, 2011  8:54 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: or megablader9's, he got 90% win with mf midnight ___ 100rf vs earth bull gb145wb IIRC

I am finding this nearly impossible to believe! I have to call shenanigans on this unless there is video proof. I think the people who are actually testing midnight are seeing the true results of it being too light and losing steam really fast.
Isn't WB outclassed now? whats the point of using Midnight if it can't beat a Top-Tier Defence bey with an RS/RSF/CS? Also why is Hasbro making the Metal Wheels light when they make the Hybrid Wheels heavier?!?! I'd rather have a heavier Metal Wheel than a heavier Hybrid Wheel. Also I've noticed when picking up my Dranzer S and the Midnight Wheel in each hand I noticed that Midnight was almost the same weight........
(I hope they don't RUIN Inferno Saggitario 145S's weight, it's the only Legend bey I still have hope for....)
(Feb. 07, 2011  8:59 AM)RyukiVentus Wrote: whats the point of using Midnight if it can't beat a Top-Tier Defence bey with an RS/RSF/CS?

MF/MF-H Midnight Pegasis GB145RF can beat them. Not in constant rate though
(Feb. 07, 2011  8:59 AM)RyukiVentus Wrote: whats the point of using Midnight if it can't beat a Top-Tier Defence bey with an RS/RSF/CS?

You don't have to aim to defeat top-tier defence, aiming to defeat a portion of the meta-game yeilds better results for me.
(Feb. 07, 2011  9:08 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote:

So basically all Midnight needs is a little more weight to win? And this actually the first time I actually have seen GB145 in an Attack combo before, how good is it against MF-H Libra GB145RS?
(Feb. 07, 2011  9:21 AM)RyukiVentus Wrote:
(Feb. 07, 2011  9:08 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote:

So basically all Midnight needs is a little more weight to win? And this actually the first time I actually have seen GB145 in an Attack combo before, how good is it against MF-H Libra GB145RS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6knCItqVKZY
Awesome against that combo.
(Feb. 07, 2011  6:54 AM)_bullseye_ Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2011  8:54 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: or megablader9's, he got 90% win with mf midnight ___ 100rf vs earth bull gb145wb IIRC

I am finding this nearly impossible to believe! I have to call shenanigans on this unless there is video proof. I think the people who are actually testing midnight are seeing the true results of it being too light and losing steam really fast.

megablader9 would not lie, he is a quite reliable member, i also know similar results (in a hasbro stadum unfortunately) from Stratus G. :\

@Aquila112 to watch that video you need to read the description (also its a mcfrown video IIRC) <- offtopic
You must remember, this was against WB. And what reason do I have to lie? Midnight seems to do much worse in a Standard Stadium, though...
(Feb. 08, 2011  1:55 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: You must remember, this was against WB. And what reason do I have to lie? Midnight seems to do much worse in a Standard Stadium, though...

Mega,

I don't mean any disrespect. It's just that we're seeing the exact opposites in our testing. We've tested in the Vortex, Thunderwhip and standard stadium, and Midnight, even with MF, Gravity Ball and attack tips just fails. Sure, it gets an occasional KO, but not consistently.

And even in the Vortex stadium against Earth or Flame, it just doesn't hit hard enough to stop them and gets outspun.

Haven't had time to make videos, but we will. And just got our BB-10s in the mail, so we can test with that, too.

I just still can't believe how light these are! Such a disappointment, cuz the shapes are great.
(Feb. 09, 2011  4:49 AM)_bullseye_ Wrote:
(Feb. 08, 2011  1:55 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: You must remember, this was against WB. And what reason do I have to lie? Midnight seems to do much worse in a Standard Stadium, though...

Mega,

I don't mean any disrespect. It's just that we're seeing the exact opposites in our testing. We've tested in the Vortex, Thunderwhip and standard stadium, and Midnight, even with MF, Gravity Ball and attack tips just fails. Sure, it gets an occasional KO, but not consistently.

And even in the Vortex stadium against Earth or Flame, it just doesn't hit hard enough to stop them and gets outspun.

Haven't had time to make videos, but we will. And just got our BB-10s in the mail, so we can test with that, too.

I just still can't believe how light these are! Such a disappointment, cuz the shapes are great.

lol i don't mean to embarrass you but why would they be tested in hasbro stadiums that give less chances to knockouts?.... i mean, it's like giving bone to a dog and he's not allowed to eat it; in which the dog is Midnight is the dog, the opposing beyblade being the bone and the action of not letting the dog eat is not letting midnight knock out the opposing beyblade...
in which the dog is Midnight is the dog

Very well spoken LOL. At any rate, as I'm sure that you have heard many many times before, some of us do not have access to Takara Tomy equipment. Yes, it might not yield the same exact results as using a Takara Tomy stadium, but we use what we have. No sense in beating a dead horse on this...if someone uses a hasbro stadium chances are they do not have access to a TT.
We test all beyblades in every stadium we can get because we are building a site for US bladers. Most US kids can't get "official" stadiums and still like attack types.

And though it's rare for an attack to beat a good stamina in the vortex, attacks can beat others in there...
lol. sorry, i'm a bit stressed with my school work and all... can't really type properly.
hmmm, good point but even so, why would he make a claim that a beyblade is no good in the fact that we have battles in TT stadiums? cause that CAN mislead someone into believing that a beyblade is terrible. again, Midnight is so-so... it can knock out while it can't when it self ko's. all i'm trying to say is to not lead someone astray with a test result in a stadium that is not used for tournament use...
(Feb. 09, 2011  5:22 AM)_bullseye_ Wrote: And though it's rare for an attack to beat a good stamina in the vortex, attacks can beat others in there...
lol. then they might as well spam Earth bull 100 WD and tournaments would take 8 hours to get through with.... trust me... went to a tournament in which it took over 3 hours to get one bracket in a round robin tournament to get done.... just one round cause they decided to go with stamina.... and even the judge was bored to death....
Skyprince, good point. I agree with that logic.
(Feb. 09, 2011  4:49 AM)_bullseye_ Wrote:

Mega,

All of those stadiums suck so that means nothing.
Well, I lack tests right now to back it up, but without my ch120, I just lack motivation, plus, I'm busy with work, but imo, midnight is trash, not really better than storm, definitely not top tier. I'm pretty disappointed, it's just too light, so unless we get a low track made of lead or gold or something else really heavy, it's useless. Looks nice, though, so I may try to keep it pretty (depending on the price of spray paint).

Seriouslt, if it can't beat top tiers, it's not worth using Uncertain

Edit: Sorry, this is a bit off topic, I'd delete it, but I can't. I'm tired, sorry.
lol. totally agree with meteorking. honestly, they're all trash.... they have strong points occasionally but it needs to have an "all the time" in order to be good in my book. =/