Im embarrased

I'm 15 and ive been watching the beyblade shows and i really wanted to buy one from a store. But if i asked my mom to take me shed say no because its a waste even if i walked i dont want to buy one cause of how i would look to the cashier. I feel to old for this and if i asked my friend to buy one and id give him my money for it hed say no and laugh. i dont know what to do it makes me very frustrated
Welcome to WBO!

*Hands out welcome cookies*

*Fancy banner thing*

Do it! Most the people on here are 13+

A lot of well known members are your age or even older....way,WAY older.

Don't feel embarresed, it is a hobby nuf said.
thanks i guess. your rigt it is my money i should do what i want with it.
if you want if you feel very embarrsed and the cashiar talk to you about it say its for a brother or friend welcome to the WBO
Hope you enjoy the WBO

@ Far below, I was one of the first if not the first to use them.< off topic
Jacksonian, u've posted that 3 times.
(May. 06, 2011  1:44 AM)JBey Wrote: Jacksonian, u've posted that 3 times.
yes, but most of the members have decided to put special welcomes in any intro threads, such as jacksonian. it makes a welcome actually feel like a welcome on this site
well, you learn something every day. my apoligies, man... Tired'
I'm 14, and I buy lots of Beyblades. If you don't feel comfortable buying at a store, buy them online. We have sellers that sell Beyblades really cheap. Check dimsum2u's selling thread. He sells them the cheapest.
Welcome to this forum! Enjoy here and be a good member!
(May. 06, 2011  12:59 PM)Fickidilish Wrote: welcome the beywiki is ok but i recommend http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

The wikia you've advertised is terrible. Nearly all their information is either plagiarised or completely wrong.
Hey, I'm 19 and there are older members than me here, so don't feel embarrassed. Don't say "I'm buying for a younger brother" or something unless asked. Play it cool, act like buying it ain't even a thing. Honestly, a 15 year old buying beyblades won't look out of place.
Most importantly, don't care what the cashier thinks. If you are worried about what the cashier thinks for whatever reason, find another cashier who's opinion you don't care about.

Failing that, buy online, if you can.

Also, if your friend disapproves, launch it at their face, then ask if they think beyblades are hardcore enough to be cool. (I don't take responsibility for legal repercussions or injuries or any other liability resulting from taking my advice).
(May. 06, 2011  4:15 PM)th!nk Wrote: Hey, I'm 19 and there are older members than me here, so don't feel embarrassed. Don't say "I'm buying for a younger brother" or something unless asked. Play it cool, act like buying it ain't even a thing. Honestly, a 15 year old buying beyblades won't look out of place.
Most importantly, don't care what the cashier thinks. If you are worried about what the cashier thinks for whatever reason, find another cashier who's opinion you don't care about.

Failing that, buy online, if you can.

Also, if your friend disapproves, launch it at their face, then ask if they think beyblades are hardcore enough to be cool. (I don't take responsibility for legal repercussions or injuries or any other liability resulting from taking my advice).

Heh, i laughed at that last bit.

And yeh i agree with what these guys are saying, although i cant really talk since i went into Toys R Us, and saw a little kid (4-5) crying because he couldnt get any beyblades, and then i picked up 6 beys, a tournament box and a grip and he pointed at me and started crying more. I then went to the cashtill and felt awkward as hell. But they have a good point.
(May. 06, 2011  12:59 PM)Fickidilish Wrote: welcome the beywiki is ok but i recommend http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

HE's been posting this on almost all the intro threads....I still dont understand what he's trying to imply......

Anyways welcome to WBO!!!!!!!!Im 15 too....at first i ws also a little embarrased to buy frm a shop.....Basically the first time i bought a bey frm a store...the cashier didnt say anything......Dude all they want is to run their business smoothly and make a little bit of profit in the process.....hence they dont care if u want to buy a beyblade or not....There is absolutely no reason to be ashamed of buying beys frm shops....
im 14 turning 15 and the only reason im not buying beys is because they are so hard to find were i live, i think they are preparing for the next series so they arnt buying any new ones and getting rid of the older ones. anyway the game is a hobby, you shouldn't feel embarrassed, you just got to be careful where you bring them, most school kids will hate you for them, unless you are lucky and go to a beyblade friendly school. anyway nice to meet a 15 year old player, well plan to be player.

edit: @th!nk: err, first rule of beyblades is not to launch a beyblade at people, any person who does that i don't call a blader, no mater how good they are.