Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 3.63 Average

[HMS] :: Competitive Custom List and Public Discussion
Poseidon

God of Sea
BeyRank: #423 (1,139)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceFace of Days IIBrad FaceWolborg Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 04 2013 03:07 PM by Ingulit.)
Competitive Heavy Metal System Combos.

Attack

Upper

AR: Samurai Upper, Circle Upper, Advance Attacker (Upper Mode).
WD: CWD Defense Ring, Circle Wide, Circle Heavy.
RC: Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode), Grip Flat Core, Metal Flat core.

Smash

AR: Jiraiya Blade, Slash Upper.
WD: Circle wide, CWD Defence Ring.
RC: Grip Flat Core,Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode).

Defence

AR: Samurai Upper, Circle Upper.
WD: CWD God Ring, CWD Defence Ring.
RC: Bearing Core 2.

Survival

AR: Advance Survivor, Advance Balancer, Wolf Crusher, Circle upper.
WD: CWD Free Survivor, CWD God Ring, Circle Wide, CWD Reverse Defenser.
RC: Bearing Core.

[Image: poseidonsig.png]
Jan 22 2012 03:22 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Cygnus

RASENGAN!
Antique FaceRose Gold Face

You spelt Competitive wrong. Anyways, good work.

Jan 22 2012 03:37 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ga'

Pierce the heavens!
BeyRank: #176 (1,244)
Antique FaceRose Gold FaceQuetzalcoatl Face IISilver FaceAmber FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceWBBA Caesar FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceDJ FaceBronze FacePassport FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA L Drago Face

Doesn't Slash Upper classify as a Smash and Upper AR? That's why it was considered good originally.

I blinked for a second when I saw this, good job with it. There are a few grammar errors though, I'll fix it when I get back from NYC tonight.

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere."

-Anton Ego/Peter O'Toole (1932-2013)
Jan 22 2012 03:59 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
Gintoki

BeyRank: #93 (1,330)
Gold FaceFace of Days IIBronze FaceEmerald FaceHerculeo FaceCancer FaceAquila FaceBronze FaceDJ FaceBlaze FaceSapphire FaceRose Gold FaceGold FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceRuby FaceBronze FaceGold FaceDragoon II FaceCyber Pegasis FaceUranus FaceUranus FaceCrown FaceFox FaceBeelzeb FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVGold Face
(This post was last modified: Jan 22 2012 04:29 PM by Gintoki.)
Yeah, but Slash Upper has to be used for Upper Attack in Right Spin since it looses it's Upper Attack ability in Left:
AR: Slash Upper (Slash Riger MS)
WD: CWD God Ring (Shining God MS)
RC: Metal Flat Core (Advance Striker)

^ Got this off BeyWiki.
Jan 22 2012 04:25 PM
Ga'

Pierce the heavens!
BeyRank: #176 (1,244)
Antique FaceRose Gold FaceQuetzalcoatl Face IISilver FaceAmber FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceWBBA Caesar FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceDJ FaceBronze FacePassport FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA L Drago Face

No, that I know, I was referring to how Slash Upper should be mentioned in both sections because it provides both.

For Survival, there should be a mention of Advance Eterner next to Advance Balancer (It's not Advance Survivor btw).

Should also mention that Advance Attacker is best in left-spin (maybe, but it can be used in both I guess) and mention force smash with Smash Leopard and Advance Attacker in Force Smash mode.

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere."

-Anton Ego/Peter O'Toole (1932-2013)
Jan 22 2012 04:29 PM
Poseidon

God of Sea

Force smash wasn't as good as the other two, I don't think it really needs a mension.
Done the others though.

Jan 22 2012 05:18 PM
Arupaeo

Top 10!
BeyRank: #11 (1,590)
Gaia Dragoon FacePassport FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIRose Gold FaceEmerald FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceAmber FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceAnubis FaceGill FaceAquila FaceUnicorno FaceLacerta FaceGold FaceLeone FaceHerculeo FaceRuby FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulPrize Hunter FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBrad FaceGold FaceMetal FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceByxis FaceOnyx FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceWyvern FaceHoruseus FaceBeafowl FaceAres FaceBeafowl FaceHoruseus FaceCygnus FaceHades FaceNemesis FaceBeelzeb FaceLyra FaceFace of Days IIIPrize Hunter FaceUranus FaceFox FaceOrion FaceBronze FaceGold FaceBloody Devil FaceGold FaceBronze FaceDranzer II FaceDragoon II FaceGold FaceSamurai Changer FaceJiraiya FaceLibra FaceKetos FaceDraciel Viper FaceEterner FaceStriker FaceDark Leopard FaceGiraffe FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceCrown FaceOrion FaceHoruseus FaceLynx FaceCrown FaceAnniversary Face 2012Silver FaceFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVBronze FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceGold FaceDriger Fang FaceDraciel Viper FaceGold FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013
(This post was last modified: Jan 22 2012 06:00 PM by Arupaeo.)
It's kind of funny seeing this posted 1 day after our HMS tournament. Eee But regardless I think this thread will be a big help to people new to HMS competitions!

The one suggestion I would have is to change the formatting slightly as follows:

Attack
Upper
AR: Samurai Upper, Circle Upper, Advance Attacker (Upper Mode)
WD: CWD Defense Ring, Circle Wide, Circle Heavy
RC: Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode), Grip Flat Core, Metal Flat Core

This way all of the information is presented with minimum duplication in an easy-to-read format, in (rough) order of part desirability/preference from left to right.
Jan 22 2012 05:59 PM
Poseidon

God of Sea

Yes, but some parts don't work well with others like wolborg's AR for example. If something work's with the same parts, I put the "/" there to represent wither can be used. One I am going to do though is bold all the part's, AR,WD,RC.

Jan 22 2012 06:26 PM

Nice job!
Add Knight Crusher for attack (smash). Grip Weight Core should also be listed. It is one of the few parts that can beat Bearing Core, so that ability alone makes it noteworthy.

[Image: SignitureWBOcomplete.jpg]
The Blue Metal Blader
My New Youtube Channel
Need help with anything? Just want to talk? PM me. I'm happy to help. Smile
Jan 22 2012 06:52 PM
Poseidon

God of Sea

Genrally, the other options are better, in a tier list it'd properly make 2, maybe one. So I don't real;ly think it needs to be mentioned. Areo Knigh's AR? I honestly have no idea about it, although I always thought of Areo Knight useless, so Ill wait for someone to check over it.

Jan 22 2012 07:00 PM
Dan

WORLDWAR2CHAINZ
BeyRank: #361 (1,156)
Antique FaceDJ FaceAmber FaceAnubis FaceWolborg FaceLapis Lazuli FaceAlexandrite Face

I agree with Aru: that format would be best.
GWC shouldn't really be on the list, really..

We definitely need an Aero Knight article on Beywiki so we can throw away misconceptions.

[Image: dansignature21.gif]
shout out 2 kai-v
Jan 22 2012 07:18 PM

Yeah, I suppose GWC isn't needed. Knight Crusher definately needs an article too.

The Blue Metal Blader
My New Youtube Channel
Jan 22 2012 07:27 PM
Poseidon

God of Sea

So like this. Tell me if you want anything else changing Smile.

Jan 22 2012 08:07 PM
Dan

WORLDWAR2CHAINZ
Antique FaceDJ FaceAmber FaceAnubis FaceWolborg FaceLapis Lazuli FaceAlexandrite Face

Sure.

Why no Advance Eterner AR for Defense? I'm not sure about the testing to back that up but it is only logical..
Also, wouldn't Metal Flat Core belong in an Upper Combination rather than Smash, which needs speed and grip?

shout out 2 kai-v
Jan 22 2012 08:10 PM
Poseidon

God of Sea

It isn't as good as samurai upper, weight and shape wise.
Yeah, changed that, thanks for pointing it out.

Jan 22 2012 08:14 PM

Metal flat is really good for upper due to the added spin velocity it gives. What about balance types? Metal Ape, Metal Change, Metal Semi-Flat, Metal Sharp...

The Blue Metal Blader
My New Youtube Channel
Jan 22 2012 08:38 PM
Poseidon

God of Sea

Might add a compact system, Metal ape + GFC(UM) is a wolborg killer.

Jan 22 2012 08:44 PM
Dan

WORLDWAR2CHAINZ

(Jan 22 2012 08:14 PM)Poseidon Wrote:  It isn't as good as samurai upper, weight and shape wise.
Yeah, changed that, thanks for pointing it out.

..What exactly did you change? LOL
Looks the same..?

shout out 2 kai-v
Jan 22 2012 08:59 PM
Poseidon

God of Sea

Lol, the metal flat core. It's in upper.

Jan 22 2012 09:05 PM
Dan

WORLDWAR2CHAINZ

as of now loooool

shout out 2 kai-v
Jan 22 2012 09:07 PM