EWD Discussion

Got my Killer Beafowl UW145EWD yesterday and wanted to test out the much anticipated EWD.

I don't have two Bull CWs so I used Cancer; hope it's fine.

"Standard Procedures"

Earth Cancer 145EWD vs. Earth Cancer 145WD
Earth Cancer 145EWD: 11 wins
Earth Cancer 145WD: 9 wins
4 draws
EWD win percentage: 55%

Well there isn't much different between the two with all the battles ending up in a tight finish.
Quite a lot of the time EWD looks like it's about to lose however it manages to keep on spinning from the free spinning 'eternal' tip.

I'll test it against other tips soon. ><
Just a heads up, u put DWD instead of WD. In the testing
Very similar to what I get with mine. Just wondering, when launched alternatively, which was launched for the majority of the battles?

@McFrown My thoughts exactly, now I'm considering selling it on eBay for $125 Uncertain
so it really doesnt even have an advantage? it appears to be more of a 50/50 with one luck win
Well, I was hoping for results at least a tiny bit better than those. Well, if there's something we all learn here is that no matter what we "assume" a part will be like, it doesn't always go that way we thought it would.
(Jan. 07, 2011  5:54 AM)machipz Wrote: Very similar to what I get with mine. Just wondering, when launched alternatively, which was launched for the majority of the battles?

@McFrown My thoughts exactly, now I'm considering selling it on eBay for $125 Uncertain

Other members getting similar results makes me feel more assured, LOL.

And yeah Mc Frown; it was a luck win imo.
blah, could you try EWD on a Left-Spin Bey? I was thinking perhaps Meteo L-Drago II (Barrage Mode, Absorb Ver.) 90/100EWD. Even though EWD only won by a small margin, I'm slightly curious as to how it would perform spinning left. Hopefully, there will be less of an equalization effect.
i think is 50/50 like MC frown said.. it´s similar to WD.. but WD is better than SD in my opinion... off-topic
I watched some videos of Killer Beafowl UW145 EWD.
It seems that it acts like WD when it is off-balanced
while it mostly performs like ES.
however it seems this theory is useless in this battle Tongue_out
So much for the maximum series, ultimate endurance beyblade... EWD is pretty useless. Most likely that someone will make an excellent combo withit though. Is Killer Beafowl going to be given a normal release like most of the Maximum Series???
It's from a random booster so TT won't but Sonokong normally releases the random booster prizes.
(Jan. 07, 2011  9:51 AM)Ricko Wrote: i think is 50/50 like MC frown said.. it´s similar to WD.. but WD is better than SD in my opinion... off-topic

Well, blah has only done testing for EWD on a right-spin Bey, which is why I think it may be of use to us if he tries it on a left-spin Bey, preferably Meteo L-Drago II Absorb Ver. Of course, this is all up to blah.
In that case it should still lose to Earth Bull /sameorlowertrack/EWD.
I suppose it's useless against attack beys, so there's no point testing it to see if it'd negate the effects left spin beys have on 230 blades, right?

And yeah, how easy is it to KO? Do you think MF-H + libra or even basalt would negate that?
What effect? Lightning has brilliant smash... That's why I thought it got reasonable results. It's similar to WD so I doubt it will have any defence ability. I wanna see whether the track has use since it looks good.
Ewd is good for stamina but its just too pure. When hit once , spin is lost tremendously as there is no resistance. ITs good for stamina vs stamina matches . Ewd have a quite good balance compared to ES.
Using a left spin bey against 230 causes 230 to lose balance badly. Maybe it's because all of our left wheels are also great for smash, but gravity only has that effect in left spin mode. I was curious to see if EWD could be used to absorb that.
Ewd have low friction with the ground. Its good for stamina bad for defence. I think that Ds could counter that
Yeah, thought as much. Probably good, though, as that would remove one of 230's key weaknesses, which is the last thing the metagame needs. Still, it's a shame, but personally I'm not that bothered, I didn't have super high hopes for ewd, and tbh I find stamina kinda dull to use anyway.

Still, when basalt is released, it might find more use, depending on the weight distribution of basalt, and if it's about as stable as wd, then I'm sure we'll eventually find good use for it.
Basalt maybe heavy. Since they released it. My guess is that Hell kerbecs could win over basalt. As they would want to keep the game a metagame. And preventing banning again.
Uhh, we know basalt is heavy, and testing so far indicates that hell is decent for attack, but probably not top tier. Metal Flat might improve attack blades further though, but that's still speculation.

Anyway, we're getting off topic here.
Disagreed , If metal ball loses balance easily. Which means Metal Flat has very little friction. Thus bad for attack, it will just self KO
Hmm, I beleive Metal Flat is more a defence bottom?

Or a balance one though...

OFF-TOPIC Seriously, I didnt start it :]
This isn't the place for this. Check out the screw capricorne thread for that Smile

Back on topic, I mentioned basalt due to it's weight and shape, it might be heavy enough to survive hits, and the small sections where it's not perfectly flat might help steal spin on ewd.

Though it does strike me that as with es, without a shield bearing, life after death doesn't happen, does it? I had the wrong idea, derp.
but My point is they will make the game a metagame. thus making the stamina bey win the defence type