Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide.

I wrote a simple guide on how to choose a Clear Wheel in "build me a combo". The point of this thread is to help people decide what clear wheel to use when making a combo. It should hopefully save a lot of people asking a lot of questions Smile

Keep in mind, CW's are probably the last thing you should choose. They're pretty much the most minor part of a beyblade:
Consider it this way, here’s a list of the importance of/differences made by the various parts of a beyblade: (Click to View)

But, when you've built that combo, and aren't sure what to use, this should help you decide.

th!nk's Relatively Simple Guide to CW choice:

I Wrote:Simple Version:
Attack: Choose something where it doesn't get in the way.
Stamina: Choose something that's weight distribution doesn't screw up the balance.
Defense: Choose the Heaviest CW possible.

Longer Explanations:
Long Explanation of Attack CW choice (Click to View)

Stamina CW Choice Explanation (Click to View)

CW weight for Defence (Click to View)

Hope that helps Grin

FWIW, I cleared it with Kai-V before posting this, as I wasn't totally sure it was worthwhile Smile

An important note because I wish to clear up a common misconception: OTHER than mold differences, parts from different manufacturers (hasbro/tt/sonokong) are generally identical weight wise. Yeah, what everyone says about hasbro CW's being heavier is wrong. That's come from one early set of erratic weights. Look at the weights of MFB document, and look at the heaviest weights for each part (they'll be about .2g heavier or something), and notice they're all by the same person, who never weighed TT parts. Weird, huh? Because it's an error.

Thanks Arupaeo for pointing that out.
Hmmm...Great Guide,now I really get the
Importance of Clear Wheels
What XwailingX said. Thanks th!nk!
(May. 27, 2011  5:00 AM)Conqueror Wrote: What's a good CW for fang?

Did you read the guide? As I said, it really doesn't matter much. An awkwardly shaped one may help make it less inclined to move smoothly to the tornado ridge, but it's a tiny, tiny factor. You can use whatever you want, really.

Honestly, there shouldn't be many questions, that's the point of the guide Smile

Thanks XwailingX and Raigeko13.
Nice guide. Now I understand why..
Thanks dude, I throughly enjoyed it and learned a thing or two.

Sticky?
This is a simple guide. Most people should read this.

Very good. Nice job th!nk.
Great guide. It'll really help the newer users understand. Thanks!
Really a great guide..this will make it clear to people- who think CWs are useless- that CWs do actually play a part if not a huge one in the game
Naww, thanks guys. I feel loved. Considering I'm kinda blue at the moment, it's really nice. I didn't think this'd be such a help to people Smile
Thanks everyone. I'm glad to help.
This is a really helpful guide! Hats off to you, th!nk! Surely you spent a lot of time in making this, and your effort will never go waste. LOL, after reading those LONG explanations of yours, I lmao after I read the first reply to the OP! Man, there are still people who ask questions about CWs!
Heh, not too long, 30-50 minutes max (maybe a little longer including referencing). I type fast, I used to play mmorgs a lot.
Yeah, I tried to keep the long ones as short as possible for everyone's benefit. That was the hardest part, you know me Tongue_out And yeah, I thought I covered it too, but oh well Smile

I'm glad everyone likes it. Credit to ControL_ for going through that subsection of the attack CW choice section with me a few days back. He has an astounding understanding of the physics aspects of beys. Also, everyone else who's helped me out with CWs before (you know who you are), thanks.

Sorry if I don't reply to everyone's posts, I don't want to be posting unnecessarily, so yeah. But thankyou everyone Smile
Thats really helpfull, I never actually realized that clear wheels aren't that important.
Thanks.
Given a few people were surprised by the unimportance of CW's, I decided to put that in the OP instead of linking to it, as too keep this all-encompassing and everything.

Thanks, Hope Smile
This is really helpful, thanks th!nk. I was always confused about Attack CW's, once again thanks!
You said that most CW block screw's slopes. What CWs don't?
(May. 27, 2011  9:06 AM)Shika blade Wrote: You said that most CW block screw's slopes. What CWs don't?

The only clear wheels which don't block Screws Slopes are Pisces and Horogium. A flat CW won't block Screws Slopes.
wow awesome guide never thought cw r so important thanks to u and th!nk for such useful information
Yamislayer made a thread liek this in the adv forums. Almost pretty much the same =/
Great article th!nk! One question, I heard that Pegasus III has metal powder in it, shouldn't that make it good for defense?
(May. 27, 2011  10:36 PM)SajjanSV Wrote: Great article th!nk! One question, I heard that Pegasus III has metal powder in it, shouldn't that make it good for defense?

Read around. Pegasis III doesn't weigh much more than Pegasis II. It's not as heavy as Bull/Aquario/Kerbecs.
(May. 27, 2011  10:58 AM)® Wrote: Yamislayer made a thread liek this in the adv forums. Almost pretty much the same =/

His was about how we can't test cw's. I do link to it though, in the long stamina section. It's an excellent post/thread, and part of the reason I made this.

Also thinking I should include a list of good cw's for screw and vulcan.... So, later today mebbe. I want to keep it simple tho.

Thanks Mr. N and Ultimate X for answering questions. Thanks everyone who's read/enjoyed this.
(May. 28, 2011  12:36 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(May. 27, 2011  10:58 AM)® Wrote: Yamislayer made a thread liek this in the adv forums. Almost pretty much the same =/

His was about how we can't test cw's. I do link to it though, in the long stamina section. It's an excellent post/thread, and part of the reason I made this.

Also thinking I should include a list of good cw's for screw and vulcan.... So, later today mebbe. I want to keep it simple tho.

Thanks Mr. N and Ultimate X for answering questions. Thanks everyone who's read/enjoyed this.

I was just gonna post that! I think you must try to make a list of clear wheels, that can be used with certain metal wheels to their fullest potential.
That'd get in the way of the "simple" aspect. Off the top of my head, Vulcan and Screw (and Gravity I guess) are the only wheels that are heavily affected by CW choice. (Beat is too wide for it to matter)
It's harder to see with Screw, it seems, but for Vulcan it's pretty obvious. That said, I'll get onto it later, methinks.