[Brooklyn, New York, 7/20/2011] King/Queen of Blades

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

Events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: King/Queen of Blades
[Image: m757ah.jpg]
Date: July 20, 2011 - Wednesday
I plan to have this tournament at 1PM and free play from 12pm-1pm. I will hold the tournament back an hour (maximum) if some bladers are stuck in traffic. Please eat lunch before you arrive. Once the 2nd round starts, I will not be accepting any entrants. If you are not present, when i call your usernames, you will lose by default. I can postpone your match if you are in the bathroom however that is the only exception. it is important to let me know ahead of time. the longest i can postpone is at the end of the round. any longer, you get a loss by default. If you postpone and you are the last battle for the round, i will wait ONLY for 15 minutes. it's more than enough time.
Venue: Kings Games 2nd floor (Please click for directions or use google maps)
1685 East 15 Street
Brooklyn, NY 11229
MY CONTACT NUMBER
(516) 428-6361
Don't call me unless it's an emergency or you're stuck in traffic. If you need directions, look online. do it now and write it down. I have no sense of direction so i would be pretty useless in terms of direction if you asked last minute.
Fees:
have passport + store fee = $5
buying passport + store fee = $15
WBO Entrance fee + store fee = $10

Expected Turnout: 30-50 people
Format: Unseeded double elimination
Prize system: store credit - it will be run by Deikailo who will possibly be selling beyblades as well (as i have been told by her in the Kings Games thread)
I AM GOING BY THE BOOK SO NO ONE COMPLAIN! I WANT TO STAY ORGANIZED!

Can the following people judge?
Deikailo
The Problem
whitewave
Jonnb
Ship Smile
Spin-Sonic
Cye Kinomiya
Keep noted that i will be keeping track of who judged what match... so before the match even starts, let me know which match you are judging. This is so i can double check if there is any error.
Let me know if you can. if you can't, let me know and i will remove your name from the list.
Smile = means you are a confirmed judge

Attendees:
Sky Prince
Ship
shadow X 9365
Ultimate Kcpj
Sniperâ„¢
StormPikachu
KillerSpinner
zackorang1
djspida5
Kittykiller
Ultra Blader#1
StormLeoneGuy
Bluezee
Spin-sonic
Evileagle4806
hydreigon
chrisfire360

Possible Attendees:
bladestriker99
Flame Aries
Deikailo
the4anime
TooManyPegasis
Blader of Chaos
FlameLeone2300
@ngle
ArmorD-00taku
ikmv
joseph317
Novashooter
Ray shooter
black wing

PLEASE! AS YOU ARE SAYING "I'm gonna make this" PLEASE! AGAIN!!! PLEASE!!! CONFIRM WITH YOUR PARENTS!!!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I feel pretty good today! I won my first tournament and everything..but I am still not satisfied. Now, Bluezee and I have to settle the score. We are 1-1 now...ugh. Uncertain well its a good thing I see him everyday! Until next time, great job everyone!
I second that its was the awesomest ever! everyone did great and I myself have gotten better. Thanks Sky you did great!
i loved this tournament even though i lost but it was more of fun to me. meeting everyone was great an i cant wait til next time!
yeah, yesterday was more about the fun than points. i was not as stressed as a host as i thought i would be but that's because everyone cooperated very well and paid attention to my directions. i was more so stressed over how the round robin thing worked out but thanks to deikailo, things went very smoothly (thanks dani!). also, thank you everyone who helped! especially the parents in making sure that their children paid attention and followed my directions and my judges who helped me. If i host again, at least i'll know what i'm doing since deikailo taught me the ropes. i got the hang of things midway into the tournament. if anyone doesn't know who got placed:
1st: Spin-Sonic
2nd: Bluezee
3rd: the4anime
and next time, if you guys wanna help plan the next tournament, snoop through the forums... don't just watch them discuss... engage in the conversations or else you will be complaining later that it's not a good date for you.....
Matthew (the ACTUAL KillerSpinner) didn't do as well as he and I thought he would. He told me his LR launcher wasn't working right and I discovered it wasn't. Oh well. He will at least get a face for attending and it was another opp for him to see his Beyblade Rock Star idol, Bluezee (AKA Jerzeeeeee!) and Deikailo (who's stock price went up sharply yesterday!). Good to see Snipe, Spin Sonic, Sky (you did well, my friend!) and a few others we remembered from other tourneys.

My kid was pretty hard on himself yesterday on the way home. He's pissed! Look out !! LOL

Thanks again Sky!
Where does everyone go in brooklyn to bey anyway just got my first one and i wanna try it out 0.0
Thank you KillerSpinner's dad. he still played well. if i remember correctly, he was also hard on himself at cye's tournament. i do have to admit, he's a good blader! i saw a huge improvement from cye's tournament to mine. i hope to see him in future tournaments. he is improving very well and want to see how much better he gets. hope to see you two in future NY tournaments.
it was an awsome tournament even though i didnt win. but i think ill stop using hell kerbecs BD145WD for a while. but beware... next time ill be 10x stronger!!!

but any way the tournament was fun and you did a great job sky.
okay, i will need help with this. i just started typing out the matches. i had issues with 2 usernames:
1) is Shadow x = shadow x 9365 ???? i just wanted to double check.
2) who is "Ultrablader#1"? i couldn't find him. all i could find is Ultrablader and ultrablader 101....
(Jul. 22, 2011  4:48 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: okay, i will need help with this. i just started typing out the matches. i had issues with 2 usernames:
2) who is "Ultrablader#1"? i couldn't find him. all i could find is Ultrablader and ultrablader 101....

I think its Ultra Blader#1 because i you go to the member list and type in Ultra you'll see it
(Jul. 22, 2011  4:48 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: okay, i will need help with this. i just started typing out the matches. i had issues with 2 usernames:

Write shadowx93 : that is what the original account we made was called before shadow x 9365 actually created an account for himself on the site, but it was too late because Beypoints had already been given and he had obviously lied about already having an account when he went to Cye Kinomiya's tournament.
ahh, there's a space between "ultra" and "blader"..... okay, wow. soooo not on top of my game this week. my brain is so dead....
anyways, thanks kai-v and sniper!
btw, kai-v, deikailo has possession of finals bracket so she'll be the one sending the final's results. I will remind you of that when i PM the results
(Jul. 22, 2011  5:11 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: ahh, there's a space between "ultra" and "blader"..... okay, wow. soooo not on top of my game this week. my brain is so dead....

That is actually a very recurrent issue and we will address that very soon.
Ultrablader is already on the beyrank so it's all good.
yeah guys sorry about that the thing is when i went to cye's tourney i was very new to beyblade it was my first tourney i thought when cye asked about a username i thought it was for the passport (LOL!!!! i really screwed up!)
but dekailo made an account for me with all my points and they will send my username and password by email then ill change my accounts username and password then i will change the account the WBO made for me to my regular username.
Kai-V actually made that account.
(Jul. 22, 2011  4:03 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Kai-V actually made that account.

well still the WBO made it
(Jul. 22, 2011  4:12 PM)shadow X 9365 Wrote: well still the WBO made it

Because you were nowhere to be seen and you had lied about having an account. For results to be processed, every participant needs to have an account here.
whats the usename of the account
You could just merge his current account into the account you made for him. As long as you aren't merging the account you made for him into this account, it should be okay.
(Jul. 22, 2011  4:22 PM)Deikailo Wrote: You could just merge his current account into the account you made for him. As long as you aren't merging the account you made for him into this account, it should be okay.

Yes, but in itself that is troublesome, because I have to stay in contact with him, change the password to something and make sure that he can log in the new, unique account, which for some reason sometimes does not work for some people.
Way ahead of you. Wink I got all of his contact info at the tournament so we're good to go.
whats the password of the account
btw, great job at this tournament, Shadow. Even though you didn't get to the finals, you gave everyone a run for their money...twice! Grin