Beyblade Burst Ep2 (JPN: April 11, 2016) (CAN: September 11, 2016)

These kids that are Kenta's friends had some sort of personality though and they got caught in adventures before they were properly used to advertise anything...

With previous Beyblade shows, of course they always zoomed in on the new Beyblade gained by a character and all, but at least there was something else to the story. Now it is litterally: "Look, we really hold tournaments like these, inside malls very similar to the BeyMall, our staff members really look like this, here is a tool of a character who uses KAISER KERBEUS, etc."

I do not know if you guys realise that this is basically a copy+paste of the real-life WBBA life in Japan. There is nothing extra about it.
Would rather that than another version of the most overrated character Ryuga.
(Apr. 12, 2016  4:01 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Would rather that than another version of the most overrated character Ryuga.

This is not really engaging in a discussion at all. Kai-V isn't asking for more characters like Ryuuga, and she didn't even bring him up. You're changing the subject entirely in order to counter an argument that nobody really brought up.
(Apr. 12, 2016  4:06 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 12, 2016  4:01 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Would rather that than another version of the most overrated character Ryuga.

This is not really engaging in a discussion at all. Kai-V isn't asking for more characters like Ryuuga, and she didn't even bring him up. You're changing the subject entirely in order to counter an argument that nobody really brought up.

I know she didn't bring up Ryuga and it's not me countering her arguement but it's me expressing my thoughts!
I guess, but you're replying to her, yeah? But the two points don't have anything in common. She didn't really talk about the villains at all (there aren't any to talk about, anyway). Her comments are around the lack of meaningful character interactions.

Beyblade is essentially an infomercial, sure, but so are a lot of kids' properties. Think of franchises like Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon, or Digimon. While we can debate their qualities, there are at least earnest efforts here to create compelling plots that encourage kids to tune in every week, and they are something greater than mere advertisements for a product.

Burst, meanwhile, hasn't tried to introduce any plot elements or character reactions that don't revolve around the toys themselves. And while some might argue that the gag humor works in comic form, I don't think it translates well to a 23 minute episode of television. I share Kai-V's concern that I can't see this lasting for multiple seasons unless the writing style takes a very dramatic turn — in which case, all of this would've seemed pretty pointless.

I also think Valt is just totally unlikeable as a protagonist. Just compare him to previous Beyblade protagonists: Takao loved Beyblade and was incredibly hard-working, always trying to develop further as a Blader in order to protect his friends and hone his skills.

Ginga, meanwhile, is incredibly powerful from the start, but we can accept that he is a good-hearted prodigy that cares about blading a lot.

We're supposed to accept that Valt is a passionate Blader, but he doesn't seem interested in developing his technique nor taking his battles seriously. If we're honest, he only wins his battles because he's the main character. It feels totally unearned.

And lest it seem like I am getting a bit too worked up about a children's cartoon show: I feel seriously concerned about how this might affect Beyblade Burst's popularity once the toyline launches internationally. I don't see this show attracting the very diverse fanbase that Bakuten Shoot and, to a lesser extent, MFB, did.
Thank You so much DranzerX13!!!!!!!!!!!!

now i can watch my new fev show Joyful_3
So i watched ep 2 last night. First i have to say, i love the battle music they are using. Second shuu is pretty cool along with rentaro. Valts brother and sister are great, and kerbeus owner is.....intresting. i love the puppets, and how the actual guy just stays quiet. The blader dj... if he is actually blader dj. He seems better in this ep then the last. The animation was great. But my biggest annoyence in this ep was valt. At least at the start of the ep. But he changed during it. Other then that i can underdtand why he was like that. He was just really happy he won. We have all become like that at one point when we get cocky and think we are the best at one thing. So i understand why. Also this ep was alot more comedic then the last but ot was still good. I do have the feeling that this is going towards a more realistic tone but i do hope some fantasy elements apear too. Also reading online, ALOT of people are like the burst anime too..... especially shuu, i guess hes the new kai/tsubasa/ryugga for this generation.....it HAS to be the silver/white hair lol
(Apr. 12, 2016  4:25 AM)Kai-V Wrote: My only highlight in this episode is the announcer (perhaps not real Blader DJ yet) screaming with distress: "OHMYGOD!!"

This was gold. x'D
And he said it in english to so it was even funnier
The thing I don't get here is that Beyblade in this iteration has obviously been around for a while. All the Protagonist is really doing is a flower pattern. Has no one ever angled down their launcher before? Even at high level play?

They all seem a bit too hyped up over V2's movement to be quite honest.
Exactly, and everyone except Valt seems to know about the technique and is just waiting for him to catch on, it seems.
(Apr. 13, 2016  11:20 PM)Xcalibur Lad Wrote: The thing I don't get here is that Beyblade in this iteration has obviously been around for a while. All the Protagonist is really doing is a flower pattern. Has no one ever angled down their launcher before? Even at high level play?

They all seem a bit too hyped up over V2's movement to be quite honest.

Well, I think this concession is necessary in order to display it to the audience.
I agree with beybrad. Basicly just think of it like this. Every one is used to shooting parallel to the floor, and if they happen to shoot a different angle its cuz it was from the way the launcher stayed when they were pulling the ripcord or string. And if some one has noticed it fully before then they probly never named it before wich would be why every one gets hyped for valt to do the rush shot, since he named it and gets verry hyped for it. People would then think maybe he invented it if they never saw it before. And the ones that have seen or done that shot before would just think oh ok i know this move.
(Apr. 12, 2016  5:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: We're supposed to accept that Valt is a passionate Blader, but he doesn't seem interested in developing his technique nor taking his battles seriously. If we're honest, he only wins his battles because he's the main character. It feels totally unearned.

I am hoping that these character flaws can be addressed because that could turn into some potential character development.

Valt's personality reminds me of a young Naruto. Both are loud, clumsy, cocky in their own way, and too self reliant on their main technique.

On a side note, Kerbeus' owner looks like a kid version of Gajeel from Fairy Tail
I think, all of main protagonists, Valt have the most space to character development.

Sometimes I wonder why people don't even reminds of Zero from Zero-G/Shogun Steel. I think he had more potential.
Well to be honest that to be expected, I wouldn't want to watch a season where we know everything about the main protagonist in the first two episode.
(Apr. 14, 2016  6:11 PM)Shu Kurenai Wrote: Well to be honest that to be expected, I wouldn't want to watch a season where we know everything about the main protagonist in the first two episode.

We litterally know everything about Valt because everything is completely fine and we know it.

Plus, that is just false because you know quite a lot about Edward in Fullmetal Alchemist in the first few episodes and that anime is super good anyway, because there is actuallt something interesting about him and his life.
Yeah Valt seems pretty hollow to be fair. They're playing off of that classic 'newbie school kid who is destined for greatness' thing to rope in that supple younger audience, just bursting to the brim with their parents bank accounts. It's tried and tested and it tends to work. For us long term anime watchers it may seem a bit tired, and thus so would Valt from the off, but for the younger viewers who haven't encountered the true before? Perfection.
You never know, Kai-V... the creator could always throw us in for a loop to make us "THINK" we know everything about him till later on....BOOM! Plenty of anime with that scenario where we think we know everything about he/she from the start, then suddenly...
(Apr. 15, 2016  12:41 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: You never know, Kai-V... the creator could always throw us in for a loop to make us "THINK" we know everything about him till later on....BOOM! Plenty of anime with that scenario where we think we know everything about he/she from the start, then suddenly...

I wouldn't count on Beyblade Burst to pull a Madoka Magica.
Well, I'm liking it so far. Simple anime is somewhat refreshing at times Grin

Does anyone else love the ED song? Believe by Shiklamen is the song and I liked the tune so much I went and bought it on iTunes. Full version is pretty good. OP song not much of an impact on me sadly Uncertain
Episode 2: Kerbeus: Guard Dog of the Underworld! (English Dub)
Air date: September 11, 2016 (Canada)
Anybody want to put it up for download like the previous episode? Or does anyone have a download link?
BeybladeOfficial Facebook page says today's was a rerun.