BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D Draft - Finished!

I think you mean 'to hell with that'?

Anyway, there is according to Lee and Kevin
I get that, but should I ask them?

Do you have a cited quote? [The green arrow one] Honestly, we cannot confirm there is until pictures arise.
There was a topic, and the conclusion was that it was a manufaturing error. Until another person gets the same difference in their Phantom, there is no molds.
Is Phantom BD145EDS really the best combo for Phantom, BBS?
No it is not. You can't really decide is Phantom TH170D/CS better or Phantom BD145EDS.
(Nov. 03, 2011  11:59 AM)KiLL_SwiTcH Wrote: Is Phantom BD145EDS really the best combo for Phantom, BBS?

Hell no.

Phantom TH170CS is pretty boss, Phantom R145/whateverRF is pretty boss and Phantom BD145CS is pretty boss.

Across the board greatness.
(Nov. 03, 2011  11:59 AM)KiLL_SwiTcH Wrote: Is Phantom BD145EDS really the best combo for Phantom, BBS?
Since the question was directed to me:

I know for sure from my testings that both Phantom Variant BD145EDS and Phantom Variant BD145CS are not too competitive. The stock is even better, hell.

Something like Phantom B:D, as mentioned before would be good. You could try looking in the Phantom Discussion, really, I'm sorta phased out of this website.
I think the core and metal wheel sections need to be reworded a bit to bring it up to standard with other beywiki articles, the language used to describe the metal wheel and the core to describe that it is only compatible with the core and also about how the shape contributes to stamina instead of just saying it i think it also needs more competitive como listings and alsos talk about the attack mode even if it is sub-standard
sorry if this has already been posted
I see quite great word usage there, I really cannot do much if you don't help. This is a community effort!
(Nov. 08, 2011  10:43 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: This is a community effort!

Thats a new one..

Has SSJ looked this over again, yet?

Hey, don't bring out past problems you've brought onto me or visa-versa. Let's put that behind us.

No, he has not.
I was actually thinking of going through the whole thing on the weekend! Smile
Well, first a few comments on the discussion and then a rather large analysis and commentary on the article (there's a little rambling about bearings)

BBS, while your testings may not have found those two combo's to work well for you, I doubt Dan would have mentioned them in response to a "best combo for it" question if they weren't very competitive beys. I mean, he is an advanced member for a reason and his judgement is always pretty solid.

I'll go look through the phantom thread once my home internet is a bit more stable (need to get someone out to inspect/replace the wiring). Worth noting my phantom hasn't been arrived yet and I'll probably have something a bit more direct to say about it when it arrives.

As for the draft, there's a few "it's" where there should be "its". First sentence of the MW Section is unneccesary, let alone important enough to be repeated twice in a single paragraph with fairly limited content otherwise. It would be better to describe the structure more regularly, rather than seeming to focus on the whole "only wheel with no centre" thing.

I've said before that I wouldn't split separate parts of 4d mw's into wholly different sections (subsections of a single mw section is a better alternative) tbh most pc frames are so insignificant they don't even deserve their own subsection, and a single 4d mw section would be fine but this is merely my opinion (I think there was some discussion generally favouring the subsection format (considering they are subsections of a single part, it seems logical to me).
The sentence "the core can only be used with phantom’s metal frame" is irrelevant, as this is the case for all 4d mw's as they are a single part (and so deserve a single section).
The bottom section: Firstly, cut directly to what the gimmick is, it's not just "increased stamina". It's specifically "OMG BEARINGZZZZZZ", which is what was given huge emphasis pre-release.
Speaking of bearings: There's no need to describe the structure/design of a ball bearing, I think there is already a description on the wiki (special parts page iirc) from the plastics gen (if not, just give them the name of the type of bearing, if anyone is that interested they will likely go to a specialized site for that info). Think it was the Beat Lynx Draft topic but I don't remember too clearly.

I'd also like to be sure it is specifically an NSK branded bearing, as NSK is a company, not a specification of any type. If it was named such as a media release or from an official source then yeah, but I just wanna be sure. Even then, it’d probably be better to call it a (shielded?) ball bearing.
I'm no expert on bearings, however the bearings are ball bearings, (I think shielded ball bearings may be a correct name for the 'nsk' bearings used in plastics (I have the part number for those somewhere, if anyone has it for the ones used in B: D), though I haven't seen a good enough picture of one to see if these are the same or what they are other than ball bearings).

Anyway, just including what type of bearing it is would be enough. Few people read beyblade articles for explanations of the mechanics of bearings (though given the huge impact they've had on all gens of beyblades they may well deserve their own article soon...), they only need to know what it does, not how it does it.
Must admit I've been guilty of calling the metal balls in draciels and gb145 "ball bearings", though they are the same as what is used in larger ball bearings (the stuff I've read so far just calls them "balls" (due to differing materials being used)), so yeah, I must remember to call them "metal balls", to avoid confusion.
There are some other spelling and formatting issues but that is to be expected from a draft.

I know this looks like a fair bit of criticism, but it’s a pretty good article. Not wiki-ready, but it’s getting there.
I think writing NSK was actually me. I had no idea it was a company, I thought it was a version of a Ball Bearing.

When I go through it (probably tomorrow) I'll chop down the description of the bearing, since it's not harmful or detrimental at all if it's small.

And yeah, the format for PC Frames/Metal Frames/Cores that we have on BeyWiki Articles is to have Subsections within the metal Wheel. (as in, [x].1/2/3)
Okay, if you could reword it, I will replace it.
Yeah well if someone has a good pic showing the bearing I might work out what it is.

And dw, beywiki and the forums seem to.make out like nsk is a type of bearing.

Iirc the plastic bearing was an mrz522 shielded miniaturised ball bearing but I don't have the part number on me.
I do not know much about the previous generations, so I would not be able to do that.

NSK is a company? Can we not write their name?
I am not talking about previous generations bearings, I merely asked for a good actual image of B: D's bearing.

And we wouldn't want to use their name if they didn't actually make the bearing, which was my point. They may well have made it (but that said given the issues people are having with them not working I kinda doubt it), but unless we have actual documentation to say so (again what I asked for in my original critique), then we obviously have no idea if they did make it.

... I love having to repeat myself. Such great use of my time, with my internet cutting in and out as it is.
Hey man, it was not too clear to me what you were saying before.

BGrin? I think Nocto took some in the BeyWiki Photo Thread.. I should put 'em up soon.
>"I'd also like to be sure it is specifically an NSK branded bearing" (bolded in the post)

>"Yeah well if someone has a good pic showing the bearing I might work out what it is." (While we were talking about B: D).

I mean I really don't know how I could have made that more clear. I will restrain myself from taking any cheap shots here but please, before posting, try to think if what you THINK you're replying to actually makes any sense in the context of the discussion. Because while I'm known for being wordy, I do generally make sense.

Admittedly I'm grumpy because my internet keeps cutting out so time is quite a precious resource for me right now.
TT is not advertising it as an NSK Corporation bearing, so I would not include that language.

From the official TT cross-section image of the bearing drive, it does appear to be a shielded bearing.

Click on the picture of the phantom wheel and the image with the cross section pops up
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl...md%3Dimvns
"Shielded Ball Bearing" then (as I'm pretty sure non-ball bearings can be shielded).

I'm afraid that page has no pictures of phantom for me, but if it's the cross section image I've already seen it, it's computer-generated, not an actual photo :\

(Oct. 01, 2011  6:50 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Face: Orion

The Face of this Beyblade depicts the Orion constellation, a mighty hunter in Greek Mythology.

4D Clear Wheel: Orion

-Weight: 3.0 Grams

Orion is a four-sided Clear Wheel that has two sharper spikes and two broad edges. The two sharper sides of the Clear Wheel represent the top of Orion's forehead, and create a distinct face when used in conjunction with Phantom. It contains the iron powder that all 4D Clear Wheels have, however this does not add significantly to it's weight.

4D Metal Wheel: Phantom

-Weight: 44.50 Grams

Phantom is structured of both a Metal Frame and Core. The Core is located in the center of the Metal Wheel, and is polycarbonate. The Core is the Base of the Metal Wheel, as it is where the rest of the Beyblade's parts connect to. The Metal Frame surrounds the Core, and this structure provides many positive attributes, the most prominent being the added Flywheel effect.

Phantom has two Modes, named "Attack Mode" and "Stamina Mode", and can switch Modes by flipping the Metal Frame 180 Degrees. Stamina Mode is when the Metal Frame displays Orion's "Smirk", four blue stars, and two prominent smooth curves. The more rigid and indented Mode is Attack Mode.

Use in Stamina Combination
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phantom's Stamina Mode is great for Stamina purposes in the combos MF Phantom Orion BD145EDS/CS and MF Phantom Orion 230CS.

Metal Frame

-Weight: 42.0 Grams

The Metal Frame is what mostly affects the 4D Metal Wheel's performance, as well as the Mode Change. The outwards weight provided by the Metal Frame gives Phantom great balance.

Core:

-Weight: 2.50 Grams

This Core is a translucent purple color, and has four small, upward-facing protrusions that allow Phantom to switch Modes. It is made of the light-weight Polycarbonate material that all plastic components of MFB are made of, and is relatively thin.

4D Bottom: Bearing Drive (B:D):

-Weight: 3.45 Grams

B:D has a unique, tall shape, and a height comparable to the TH170 (170 height) Track. It is also of a translucent yellow color which allows a faint view of the internal workings of the Shielded Ball Bearings. B:D is similar to bearings used in past Beyblade Systems such as Wolborg MS' Bearing Core, and lives up to the reputation that Bearings have. Bearings allow the Beyblade to spin for long periods of time with minimal amounts of friction.

Bearing Drive features a metal shaft connected to the middle of the 4D Bottom, a metal casing that it connected to the tip of B:D, and metal spheres in between them. Sometimes, the bearing is able to stop the shaft from spinning, resulting in less friction between the stadium floor and itself. These factors increase Stamina, and due to these features, B:D can reach solo spin times of up to seven minutes.

Use in Stamina Combination
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With a Metal Face Heavy and the Phantom 4D Metal Wheel, B:D's potential is maximized in the combo MF/-H Phantom Orion B:D.

Other Versions

- Phantom Orion B:D Skeleton Ver. - CoroCoro Magazine (White)

Gallery

Coming Soon

Overall

-Weight: 48.15 Grams

Phantom Orion B:D is an extremely versatile Beyblade that contains many useful parts. Phantom's Stamina is roughly equal to that of Scythe, and B:D is considered by many to be the best MFB Stamina Bottom to date. As an added bonus, this Beyblade is primarily used uncustomized. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade

This is really great. :)
Okay, okay nice!

First thing is first, before some dumb argument might arise, I would like to say I have removed / added everything accept:

Kept: "Unlikely..." sentence in the 2nd heading.

Did not add: "MF-H Phantom orion 230CS" because there are no tests! (at least I didn't see 'em)

Kept: NSK paragraph, didn't we need to mention that? I am a bit confused on the above discussion for it!

Did not add: "Overall" I think I might of added something, but I think it should be fine! Smile

Hopefully you agree with me! Smile
Hmm, I can only think of one Metal Frame that doesn't have a center, and it's L Drago Destroy, which is why I removed the 'unlike' part.

Uwik has lists of what does well at his tournaments each month. I saw it there.

Not NSK. NSK is a company, not a style. These are not NSK. They're shield ball bearings.

Smile