what to buy?

i have a wii and am thinking of getting a ps3 or an xbox360, and am really confused,i think the two consoles have almost the same games, but the xbox is cheaper,plz help me and tell me your oppinions.and tell me if you know a good and cheap store to buy them from.
For the PS3, as far as I know, online play is free. You have to pay for XBox Live, so it works out being more expensive in the long run.
but it's much more worth it to pay. also, it's just 60$ a year. not really that much. =/

xbox has lots more games that are actually worth playing. halo 3, gears 2, xbl arcade (this is really awesome) games, and for me, Forza 2 multiplayer.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. People make their own games and submit them on the XBox. Ya can't do that on PS3 (as far as I know).
I know this sounds like a totally off the wall, and completely random and probably dangerous idea, but how about list the exclusive titles that you want for both systems and go for the one that has more of the games you want.
the games i want are halo3 and metal gear but i heared that halo4 will be on ps3! and the rest are on both like gta. for the xbox you have to buy the internet thing and pay every year and i heared it gets hot fast and stops working, but in my country you can get unoriginal xbox games for about 4 dollars each but there are only original ps3 games and they are really expensive,am still confused...
I think you should get an XBox to be honest, but that is just my opinion. The PS3 is great, but really I think it's probably that more people will have an XBox because:
1) It's cheaper
2) It was released before the PlayStation 3

That means, more people for you to play against online
Oh god, this topic is practically asking for brandonk to come in...XD

Anyway, I seriously doubt that Halo 4, if/when they actually make it, will be for PS3. Halo has been one of the main reasons for getting an XBox for a lot of people; I doubt that XBox would let one of their prime competitors release a game as popular as Halo.

Everyone said that Playstation 2 was going to be sucky because it had no really good games upon it's initial release, and look how many great games have been released for Playstation 2?

Since Playstation 3 and XBox 360 both thrive with their advanced hardware, I'd say let the games decide.
(Sep. 21, 2008  7:21 PM)Grey Wrote: Oh god, this topic is practically asking for brandonk to come in...XD
lol maybe he will make a new account just to reply to this topic.
XBOX360. Easily.
Grey, you're right...
And pegasis, I wouldn't put it past him to write an essay entitled: "Why the PS3 is the best"
imo ps3

reasons:
- free online
- wireless adapter included
- more space (they recently upgraded the 40gb to 80gb) for the same amount of money
- no red ring of death
- blu ray
- you can easily upgrade the harddrive (idk if you can with xbox or not)
- you don't need to buy new batteries for the controllers, you can charge the controller with your ps3 or any other "powerstation"
- makes less noise than 360

the whole "360 has better games" thing is stupid, it all comes down to preference.
mgs4, littlebigplanet, killzone 2, gran turismo 5 vs halo 3, gears of war 2, fable 2 and forza?
Forgot about Killzone 2 and MGS4

Well, its like SK said. Which set of games do you like best?
i think i will buy a ps3 thanks every 1 for the advise
I hope you enjoy your choice! Smile
PS3 HELL yh defo get GTA IV for iut its amazing (Y) and ps3 is more smexii XD
eventhow am getting a ps3 (if my dad says ok) but the wii is still goooood and i will stay playing it

spend a month with the wii and you'll want to destroy it.
It's easily Xbox 360. It has halo, the Xbox live gold thing isn't really that expensive and it's cheaper. Not to mention the fact that the controllers feel nicer in your hands. mmm. =P
i made my choice n thanks everyone beybrad you can lock this thread