Poll: what is more popular

naruto
23.81%
dbz
23.81%
pokemon
52.38%
Total: 100% 21 vote(s)
what do you think is more polular naruto now or dbz a few years ago or pokemon [anime not cards]
Pokemon has completely taken over the world.

Naruto is a carp joke of an anime and DBZ is only a notch or two above that.
Pokemon.

Naruto is carp after the Zabuza arc.
But I have to say, even though Dragon Ball Z has been over in Japan since 1996, it seems to be keeping alive somehow, however, thats just by milking the franchise to make as many games as possible.
Pokemon. Everyone knows what Pokemon is.
I gotta say DBZ because the games are good, the show is good, even the movies are good DBZ really rocks and to me GT was carp.
Anime standards, DBZ was the most popular. Nobody watched pokemon after the first couple seasons here.
In the general publics eyes though, Pokemon is more popular. There are lots of people who don't know what Naruto and DBZ are, but can you say the same for Pokemon? Not really.
Kei Wrote:In the general publics eyes though, Pokemon is more popular. There are lots of people who don't know what Naruto and DBZ are, but can you say the same for Pokemon? Not really.

Yeah, but the game's popularity/pokemon mech contributed to it's overall widespread recognizability.

This topic is discussing the popularity of the anime. When I was a kid, everyone watched DBZ, pokemon was a waste of time. After Ash got to the pokemon league the first time and lost, the pokemon anime was nearly forgotten.
SexyMichael Wrote:
Kei Wrote:In the general publics eyes though, Pokemon is more popular. There are lots of people who don't know what Naruto and DBZ are, but can you say the same for Pokemon? Not really.

Yeah, but the game's popularity/pokemon mech contributed to it's overall widespread recognizability.

This topic is discussing the popularity of the anime. When I was a kid, everyone watched DBZ, pokemon was a waste of time. After Ash got to the pokemon league the first time and lost, the pokemon anime was nearly forgotten.

Oh, I see. I thought we were just talking about the overall general recognizability, not the popularity among fans of anime.
Well, I may be wrong. I just thought rooney was talking about the anime only. He can be hard to understand sometimes.
didnt i put anime only
SexyMichael Wrote:

What about kids younger than you?

I'm pretty confident in saying that Pokemon was probably the most popular.
Pokemon is a Great Show and I am 14 and I watch it but now I don't watch it. I Only watch Naruto, Bleach, and Scfi Monday Shows