the saddest anime/manga endings ever and also the happiest

well i though i would do a thread on happy/sad anime endings note the ending can be more than one episode like the last 2 or 3 episodes

the saddest anime endings

code geass
chrono crusade
tales of symphonia

happiest anime endings

rave master

the saddest anime endings ever have to be

code geass (also happy in a way can't explain unless you have watched it) oh and the proper ending in code geass r2 cause the code geass series is only half of the story
chrono crusade (sad but the anime was only moderatly good)

the code geass was a good ending probably my favourate anime ever which i just realised after re watching the series it reminds me of death note but 20 times better

tales of symphonia (don't know how to spell it) very sad incomplete anime but sad

the happiest endings ever

rave master or just plain rave as the manga says the manga ending is really sad but then there was an extra issue out and it made it happy it is the saddest and happiest ending ever oh and the rave master anime stops like 1/6 of the way in which sucks so only the manga ending is happy/sad

well there it is

i have found some really good amv's to do with code geass if anyone else is a fan and has watched the series so it won't be a spoiler there really good all the users video's are good

and amv called empire of dirt the song is hurt (sung) by jonny cash this shows what i mean when i say code geass has a sad ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oah0NSaBG...re=channel

an amv which is about umm kind of arch enemys/best friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IadPhEO0...re=channel
My saddest/happiest was the ending of DBGT when Goku said goodby forever(till they need him again same thing)
Then he gets on shenrons back and they fuse.
200 years later when Pams still alive (i dunno y shes still alive and I think it's 200 years can't remember) yeah anyway shes a granny and Goku and Vegetas Grt Grt grand sons or something are fightin at the world tourney and suddenly Goku appears in the croud. Pam goes over and finds hes disapeared again.
Then finnaly you see him outside the world tourney centre smiling and the narrator talks about how he's watching over the earth as he walks away and disapears. WATCH IT!!!
Also 15 years later in the beyblade manga was sad for me cuz I don't want them to grow up and have kids!!
Sadest would be gundam seed actully made me cry so did black blood brothers but it was more like bits in it not the ending
and yeah dragonball gt is pretty sad too
the manga ending for beyblades is sad in away they all grew up ):
happy would be advent children idk why i think cause cloud finaly got over what happend with aerith and forgave himself
i agree that Code Geass is the saddest ending in an anime i have ever seen. I actually got upset at the end, in part that it was over and well, because of the actual events. I think that the way it was done also added to the effect because the whole series was fantastic, and you knew that it had to end that way... The symbolism also gets you afterwards when it all begins to sink in and you think about what it all means...
(Aug. 19, 2009  1:57 AM)Limeguy64 Wrote: i agree that Code Geass is the saddest ending in an anime i have ever seen. I actually got upset at the end, in part that it was over and well, because of the actual events. I think that the way it was done also added to the effect because the whole series was fantastic, and you knew that it had to end that way... The symbolism also gets you afterwards when it all begins to sink in and you think about what it all means...

yeah i can't agree more i have to say it is probably my favourate anime ive ever watched i kinda like hitman reborn though i've just started watching it and its quite good in a comic mafia kinda way
I cried at the end of GT. Not because it was particularily sad, but because something that played such a large part in my childhood, and some what shaped who I've become was over.

(Aug. 18, 2009  9:34 AM)heero yuy Wrote: Sadest would be gundam seed actully made me cry

You cried because you saw the trainwreck that was the followup right?
The sadest would be code geass(i literaly cryed at the end) and Jyu-Oh-Sei (i cryed at that ending too)
The ending of Cowboy Bebop was sad........What a messed up ending.
Tired You bumped an almost 2 year old topic with that. Nice way to get a warning....

Mine was the end of the first season of Bakugan. When all the Baku Balls went flying into the sky. I actually cried :') Also the end of Lucky☆Star. I didn't cry, but it was touching, but I really liked it.
That doesn't COMPARE to Clannad, the guy's mother dies, lost a basketball career, he meets a girl, falls in love with the girl, girl gets ill then gets pregnant, girl dies, then guy takes care of the baby, but 5 years later, baby dies. Unless you watched the alternate version, Then you would be in mental institute for extreme depression.
Higurashi... bloody, but not sad.
Dragon ball GT

Every time I watch the end, I get sad.
Its like an empty feeling; what would I do without dragon ball!

You get sad because there's this scene where goku looks back at all his fights, and thats inspirational, ahah. Smile
(Aug. 18, 2009  12:05 AM)Galaxxy Wrote: My saddest was DBGT

That's all you should have said.

DBGT never happened in my brain, and I couldn't be happier.
(Mar. 31, 2011  5:43 PM)fragbait Wrote: That's all you should have said.

No, because then, he wouldn't have elaborated, which is stupid.
The ending of Death Note was so sad. I'll put the description into a spoiler, so people who haven't read it yet, y' know, won't be spoiled of the end.
happiest: suzuka (cried with joy)
Saddest: DBGT