series embarassments (crappy sequals)

(Apr. 09, 2009  8:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Playing as a Wolf is completely annoying and full of useless "find X amount of items to proceed, oh and by the way don't even think about opening a door!", the game was too easy, the puzzles were boring, the game felt completely lifeless and unoriginal and compared to Wind Waker, Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, there was nothing that made this game "pop" other than the graphics, which were marred by an uninspired art style.

Come to think of it, I did find playing as a wolf tedious and boring. I just forced myself to like it because it was a Zelda game and I had high expectations of it. I still think it's a good game though (when not playing as a wolf).
i liked the game even when playing with wolf. since the game is long. i felt like i need some change every now and then. thats why i believe wolf was one of the main reasons that made me finish the game.
and for sure the wiis motion controles made the game better.
(Apr. 11, 2009  1:34 PM)pegasis Wrote: i liked the game even when playing with wolf. since the game is long. i felt like i need some change every now and then. thats why i believe wolf was one of the main reasons that made me finish the game.
and for sure the wiis motion controles made the game better.

I dunno, i always dreaded turning into a wolf.
(Apr. 10, 2009  8:52 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: I do agree fully with Brad about Twilight Princess, though. I've heard it's a much better experience on the Wii? I have no clue, though. The spinning top item and getting those light drop thingies really killed the game for me. It would have been okay otherwise.
i love that dreidel of death thing
(Apr. 09, 2009  8:15 PM)KidTala Wrote: Halo 3.

What? o.O

Anyways, I think lots of games are not so much worse sequels, but that they're not outstanding for their time, their reputation preceeds them and therefore people commend them more than they deserve. (e.g. Zelda: TP)

Quote: for sure the wiis motion controles made the game better.

I don't know, I liked the wii motion controls and went really excited and over the top with them at first, but it was only a few hours before I was simply sitting down and flicking the wii remote a little bit for bowling because it got tiresome. =/

I think nintendo were right to try and do something new though like always. =D
(Apr. 10, 2009  8:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: hey man minish cap was awesome

AMEN! So was Ocarina of time, that game rocked though it was hard to find out where to go next.

There only games I don't like are pretty much sport games, their boring and games that had no effort put into them.

Also, Castlevania rocks but yeah, not Dracula X, that one was annoying. You can get hit by a bat, sent upwards then hit by the same bat again, that was stupid. Best one was and always will be, Castlevania 4.
Quote:There only games I don't like are pretty much sport games, their boring and games that had no effort put into them.

I'm not sure about this one, I think they do it for fantasy and knowledge about high class sports players, I do dislike them though as they can be highly oversold without much effort being put into them and generally get sold for £40 on release and are worth under 50p in a few months because so many people try to second hand sell them. =/
soccer games and wrestling games are awesome in my opinion.
nba is meh. i didnt try the rest sport games...
When i said games that had no effort put into them, I meant any kind of game, not just sport games.
(Apr. 16, 2009  1:40 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: When i said games that had no effort put into them, I meant any kind of game, not just sport games.

Especially the ones that usually trick families into buying them who think they'll be good. I really despise companies that do that, it's usually movie tie-ins and stuff. So terrible when you see parents buying those sort of games for their kids. =[
every fifa between 99 and 2008

98 was carp amazing, and 09 is carp amazing
(Apr. 17, 2009  8:47 PM)SK Wrote: every fifa between 99 and 2008

98 was carp amazing, and 09 is carp amazing

What did they do that was so amazing? o.o
Sorry, I don't understand much about football and what makes it good... especially where the video games are concerned I need some help with them. The reviews I saw on IGN weren't too descriptive or to the point.
Sony's MLB: The Show series, as well as EA's NHL games post '07 have been fantastic and stand well enough on their own ground.
Why don't you include My Sims, or Sims Ikea, or...
Wait, there was a Sims Ikea?! Well that's just awesome purely because it is. Chocked
I saw it at EB Games for like 99 cents last year durring their Gamer Day event (This years Game Day event sucks majorly BTW). 99 cents is asking too much.
I'd buy any game for 99 cents. Even this. Aspecially this. I think it's pretty damned cool. XD
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, i hated the new gameplay system, it was slow and the combo's were just a pain to pull off not to mention the lame characters that were introduced. And also Mortal Kombat 3 was a bit of a letdown, did not enjoy the lack of big characters such as Raiden, Johnny Cage, Reptile and Scorpion ontop of the lame Earth Invasion storyline to it, just felt too generic in a way... wasn't as Dark and Violent as MK2.
Any Heroes of Might and Magic game beyond 3
Battlefield Bad Company (seriously just make battlefield 3)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (wayyy too different, lost its charm)
Dragonball Z: Tenkaichi (go back to budokai)

I can only think of old games, because when I was 12-13 I never researched games and bought a lot of crappy ones..lolll
Tenkaichi technically isn't even a Budokai game. It's developed by a different developer, and is a completely different battle system. In Japan the games were called "DragonBall Z: Sparking!", "DragonBall Z: Sparking! Neo", and "DragonBall Z: Sparking! Meteor". They were named Budokai Tenkaichi(for this to make sense, it's supposed to be the other way around) to sell copies.
crash bandicoot clash of the titans, destroyed the series and now no more crash! i loved those games!darn you sierra! dang you!!!
(Apr. 30, 2009  9:38 PM)flamerx1231 Wrote: crash bandicoot clash of the titans, destroyed the series and now no more crash! i loved those games!darn you sierra! dang you!!!

I love this post so much.

Crash was so great when naughty dog made his games (I tend to include crash bash because it was mostly developed by naughty dog and then handed over to sierra unfinished) and then sierra just ruined the whole thing.

Also, Tawna being removed made me cry. D=
crash games were oringinal, great graphics and the one game that sierra made that crash was in that did not suck so bad in was crash tag team racing
(Apr. 30, 2009  9:42 PM)flamerx1231 Wrote: crash games were oringinal, great graphics and the one game that sierra made that crash was in that did not suck so bad in was crash tag team racing

I never played that. I played one race of nitro kart, realised how lame it was and went back to crash team racing. In CTR when you hit a boost you feel the speed.

In CNK when you hit a boost, your car doesn't go faster, the front just goes up a little bit and the engine sounds less powerful. It really kills me to see sierra rip off games like this and SELL THEM.

EDIT: [Image: tawna--article_image.jpg]
^ They removed her because "she was too feminine" and wasn't permitted in a game that was 3+. =[