series embarassments (crappy sequals)

(Jun. 06, 2009  6:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: lol sa2b was terrible

Wut!?

SA2B was THE best overall 3D sonic game ever.

Better than Unleashed, better than Secret Rings, better than Adventure.
(Jun. 08, 2009  5:46 AM)Mankster Wrote: Wut!?

SA2B was THE best overall 3D sonic game ever.

Better than Unleashed, better than Secret Rings, better than Adventure.

that's like saying heat is the best light wheel

yeah, it is, but who cares?

(though i liked adventure better tbh because at least i could choose to not play the crappy levels)
(Jun. 08, 2009  8:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: that's like saying heat is the best light wheel

yeah, it is, but who cares?

(though i liked adventure better tbh because at least i could choose to not play the crappy levels)

Yeah I agree with your statement on Adventure and choosing not to play other character's levels though.
(Jun. 06, 2009  7:44 PM)Sam Wrote: me and my friends actually spent quite a lot of time on the multiplayer of that game

Same here. Me and my friends used to fight over who got to be Amy in the races though since you can use her attacks with less rings (which is a much bigger advantage than the speed of Sonic and Shadow) haha.
ya cause i all ways wanted to use amy it was awsome on how much times i could attack and freeze time and i could keep on doing it again and again so fast it was funny
Mega Man Star Force 3

"Hey guys, we've got all this amazing stuff we can translate from the Japanese version! It's the awesome stuff that made people buy it in Japan! What should we do?"

"Scrap everything that makes it enjoyable"

Digimon World Dawn/Dusk

"Alright, I'm in front of the boss- oh wait, my Digivice is beeping, I gotta go back to my farm to manually train my Digimon and then come back only to go back there over and over again never being able to fight this boss until I've spent over my whole day raising this thing to just be good enough to beat low level enemies"
What are you talking about with StarForce? Only Localization I know that goes on with those titles are some name changes, and obviously changing the text. Starforce games were bad long before the third iteration too, more like the first. Heck, the last bundle of Battle Network games were pretty garbage too. So I wonder how CapCom's crossover of those two is going to work out.
Also a person from Naughty Dog expressed how they felt about Crash being developed by other people. If I were to post the quote, I would get warned.
- Resident Evil 5 was terrible. All it was was Gears with a vague, Resident Evil skin to it.
- Any GH game after GH2
- SoulCalibur IV was taking all the good things from SCII and SCIII and throwing them away in favour for a simplified, easily spammed battle system
guilty gear - great game.

Horrible sequel? - guilty gear OVERTURE!
did anyone say pokemon rse yet
I don't believe so. Those were...okay...I liked the remakes of Red and Green better.
(Jul. 01, 2009  7:22 AM)To Wrote: What are you talking about with StarForce? Only Localization I know that goes on with those titles are some name changes, and obviously changing the text. Starforce games were bad long before the third iteration too, more like the first. Heck, the last bundle of Battle Network games were pretty garbage too. So I wonder how CapCom's crossover of those two is going to work out.
Also a person from Naughty Dog expressed how they felt about Crash being developed by other people. If I were to post the quote, I would get warned.

I wouldn't say they were bad, just needed a few more things that's all.

Which is what they did for the third game in Japan. But over here they decided to remove it all.

(Jul. 01, 2009  8:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: did anyone say pokemon rse yet

I barely even bothered to play it through, all I do is use it for rare items you can get so early in the game. Transfer it over to Diamond and Pearl, done.

Plus, cloning Pokemon on X D is fun.
You're not explaining what they've removed. They've removed Kanji, and other Japanese text, and localized the names so that Rockman= Megaman. Other then that what changes? I've searched Wiki, and I haven't found anything about any changes between the Japanese and English release that isn't already mentioned. Edit: Ok, Wiki says the second one didn't get voice acting here, did that carry over into the third?

Also, Soul Calibur Legends is the first series embarassment for Soul Calibur.
(Apr. 09, 2009  7:30 PM)Blue Bear Wrote: I heard devil may cry 2 was bad.how bad?real bad.

VERY BAD, worst in the series
DMC 2 was so bad they keep pushing it farther and farther away in the series. It goes 3, 1, 4, 2 chronologically.
gonna start playing megaman starforce 3 now. ah what do i play with. black ace or red joker?
am a big fan of megaman games and am sure i will love this one Smile
megaman battlenetwork 5 ds was so crappy. that was the only megaman game i bought and i wasnt able to finish.
(Jun. 10, 2009  11:16 PM)Kei Wrote: Same here. Me and my friends used to fight over who got to be Amy in the races though since you can use her attacks with less rings (which is a much bigger advantage than the speed of Sonic and Shadow) haha.

Doesn't Sonic's alt costume let you use attacks with less rings?
Has anyone mentionned Super Paper Mario?

Yeah, I'm probably alone on this one (Like most of my opinions, but whatever) but I thought this game was...insulting. I can't even begin to explain why, but let's just say that, as a fan who loved the first two games, I suppose I had WAY too high expectations, for this one...
(Jul. 02, 2009  11:59 PM)Dude Wrote: Has anyone mentionned Super Paper Mario?

Yeah, I'm probably alone on this one (Like most of my opinions, but whatever) but I thought this game was...insulting. I can't even begin to explain why, but let's just say that, as a fan who loved the first two games, I suppose I had WAY too high expectations, for this one...

I try to forget that one was made. The first two were so much better. I didn't even beat SPM.
Need for Speed: Pro Street, definitely not worth the money after Carbon's canyon races...
(Apr. 09, 2009  3:10 PM)arbitor365 Wrote: i got one. double dragon 3. avgn did a reveiw of this game. its impossible. you get no extra lives. if you die once you are dead. that wouldnt be a problem if the controls werent so crippled. i regret to say i do own the game. i cant post a link to the avgn reveiw right now becuase im on a psp but ill post it later once im on my lap top.

tru that
Attached Files

.bmp   1.bmp (Size: 481.5 KB / Downloads: 4)
(Jul. 01, 2009  10:42 PM)To Wrote: You're not explaining what they've removed. They've removed Kanji, and other Japanese text, and localized the names so that Rockman= Megaman. Other then that what changes? I've searched Wiki, and I haven't found anything about any changes between the Japanese and English release that isn't already mentioned. Edit: Ok, Wiki says the second one didn't get voice acting here, did that carry over into the third?

Also, Soul Calibur Legends is the first series embarassment for Soul Calibur.

The third got voice acting.

What they apparently removed was Noise Modification Gear (The real punch-card stuff), two extra downloadable storylines/wifi features, and mainly that kind of extra stuff, but they announced it will be for later downloadable content now, so it isn't removed. So it is no longer an embarrassment.
(Jul. 01, 2009  8:09 AM)Spaceman Wrote: - Resident Evil 5 was terrible. All it was was Gears with a vague, Resident Evil skin to it.
If you believe that then you're an idiot.
(Jul. 04, 2009  6:59 AM)Sam Wrote: If you believe that then you're an idiot.

all your posts are weird and bad and hostile now
(Jul. 04, 2009  6:59 AM)Sam Wrote: If you believe that then you're an idiot.

It was one of the worst games in the series. Also, I'm tired of shooters, especially ones that just copy the gameplay of Halo and Gears(I'm looking at you Ghostbusters).