piranha 3D

i watch the movie and it was brilliant and scary in theory but who watch ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdMO51GaTMs&feature=fvst
The piranhas look so fake I do not want to watch this movie.
I seriously don't get the premise of this movie.

Oh no! Piranhas! Why don't we just get out of the water? It's not like there's a reason the have to stay submerged.
I'm one of those people who aren't into overly gorey movies. So yeah, this is a no go.
It's just like Jaws 3D...except Jaws had a cult following.

If this movie is succesfull, it'll be a sign of the death of good cinema.
(Aug. 23, 2010  1:15 AM)Dude Wrote: It's just like Jaws 3D...except Jaws had a cult following.

If this movie is succesfull, it'll be a sign of the death of good cinema.

The movie has an 80% on Rotten Tomatoes...

It has also grossed $10 million on a $24 million budget. Depending on how it does in the following days, it could be successful.
(Aug. 23, 2010  1:19 AM)To Wrote: The movie has an 80% on Rotten Tomatoes...

Pirahna or Jaws 3D?
Sorry about that, I meant Piranha.
(Aug. 23, 2010  1:27 AM)To Wrote: Sorry about that, I meant Piranha.

Oh man... does this mean I should watch it? It looks so bad though.

Whatever, I get free movies anyways.
I won't even grace this with a matinée.

I need more than cheesy gore, and 3d boobs and carp to make a movie.
it doesent even look scary it kinda looks stupid
(Aug. 23, 2010  12:40 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: I seriously don't get the premise of this movie.

Oh no! Piranhas! Why don't we just get out of the water? It's not like there's a reason the have to stay submerged.

um a parhna is fast so by the time you get out your dead simple as that and it not that stupid but the only thing stupid was there were just standing in one place
when they were getting attacked
Bad movie, not hollywood material
I'll just post this again.
(Aug. 28, 2010  1:56 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
Pirahna 3D was better than I expected. It was a very well-written thriller that managed to weave romance, action and horror into the narrative perfectly! The visual and special effects were amazing and the soundtrack was amazing. The cinematography was perhaps the best I've ever seen in a movie and the acting was nothing short of perfect. The only flaw I can think of is that it ended. I could seriously have watched it for another hour. (Click to View)

(Aug. 28, 2010  2:35 PM)WBO MASTER Wrote: um a parhna is fast so by the time you get out your dead simple as that and it not that stupid but the only thing stupid was there were just standing in one place
I'm saying that a movie about a situational threat will not make a good horror movie unless you give the protagonists a compelling reason to go and face it. Zombies are horror. Ghosts are horror. Stuff that can come and kill you at any point is horror.

Pirahnas are not horror. At best, they are shock and gore.

As a side note: I wasn't shocked by the gore at all.
This movie is a joke. Seriously, there's no way this was supposed to be taken seriously. The movie was seriously lacking more of what I'm apparently not allowed to to talk about in this forum, but if you catch my drift, there wasn't enough of them on camera for my liking. The only allure of this movie was the rediculously comical gore, and the other thing.
(Aug. 28, 2010  2:35 PM)WBO MASTER Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2010  12:40 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: I seriously don't get the premise of this movie.

um a parhna is fast so by the time you get out your dead simple as that and it not that stupid but the only thing stupid was there were just standing in one place

Red-bellied Piranha are primarily scavengers and rarely attack people, so the premise of this movie (piranha are scary) is dumb