original spyro/the legend of spyro topic

this is for people who remember the original spyro games and for people who like the legend of spyro series
DONT TALK ABOUT SKYLANDERS!
basically im seeing how many people remember these games
I played the original and all subsequent Insomniac-made Spyro games when I was young. I'd probably thrown a couple hundred hours of my life down the series before I was fifteen.

As soon as Insomniac dropped Spyro's IP, though, it was no longer really worth buying... every subsequent Spyro game has been a hideous abomination.
Spyro was so cool. I remember the emeralds or whatever, as well as the first time you try to fly ...
(Apr. 30, 2012  3:14 AM)Hazel Wrote: I played the original and all subsequent Naughty Dog-made Spyro games when I was young. I'd probably thrown a couple hundred hours of my life down the series before I was fifteen.

As soon as Naughty Dog dropped Spyro's IP, though, it was no longer really worth buying... every subsequent Spyro game has been a hideous abomination.

Actually, Insomniac Games made the original Spyro games. Naughty Dog made Crash Bandicoot.

Aha, yeah. I get the two mixed up a lot for some reason. I'll fix it~

Anyway, since Insomniac dropped it, several companies have taken a crack at it, but none have gotten the formula right... which, in this day and age, is pretty upsetting, since the original formula wasn't too complex - outright mimicry would not have even been copyright breach. Ripto's Rage(my personal favorite) with a new mechanic or two would've been perfect on the PS2...