opinions on how to "convert" people to beyblade

Ok, so i was reading Gage's thread on how it can be embarasing or "hated" in middle to high school about using or playing/competing with beyblade. so then i came to the decision of making a thread to start compiling opinions on "converting" people to playing or competing in beyblade. now keep in mind that these opinions should relate to grades about 8-10 or possibly 11. Now i dont want to be really picky with this but if there is any confusion on how your opinions should be made just think of ways that you would be able to, say, start a conversation about beyblade or some topics you think you sound interesting to that age group.
good luck! ^^
don't, you jerk

stop trying to force people to like what you like
Beyblade proselytism? lol
This is a game not a religion. You can't really convert people.

If they're open minded, then you can show them the game and play with them. If they're interested then show them some of the deeper aspects of the game.
im not trying to be a "jerk" and convince people ti like what i like. im trying to get opinions about how to make some other people see that its more fun than they think. and i said absolutely nothing about forcing them to like it, i only ment to show them that its more than just a "kids game".
It is a kid's game though. Just accept that and enjoy it. When you try to make it into a big deal, that's what makes people look down on it.
I knew this had something to do with the other topic....You can't convert people to like anything i used to try and do that to my friends when was younger and they would just end up throwing the beyblades i gave them away. If they don't like it now then chances are they will never like it...most of us here grew up on beyblade and that is why we like it so much. But a random teen who has no idea what it is is not going to get into it .....as said before its a game enjoy it...
This is why I hate pokemon now, it is something I had seen stupid little kids actually injure others over. I am not kidding.
Like most have said, you shouldn't convert/force them to play Beyblade. If they ask about it, or interested in playing the game then you could tell them about the techniques etc. Just never force them to join or they would probably mock you.
im just 12 but i didnt force my friend its just said spiining tops made out of metal and he just asked me more for the info and theres another dude i just came up to him and said do you like beyblades then he anwsered yes
You should never force what you like onto others - the best way to show how exciting it is is of course let others try it.

I don't know, but this sounds an awful lot like you're trying to justify your own hobby. If people are interested, then so be it; if they're not, fine.
As far as I'm concerned, if people laugh at you for playing a game, they're not the type of people you want to mix with. Boy or girl.
(May. 05, 2010  6:17 PM)Benkei Wrote: As far as I'm concerned, if people laugh at you for playing a game, they're not the type of people you want to mix with. Boy or girl.

yes, but, if they're laughing at you because you're completely obsessed and won't stop talking about it to people who couldn't care less, you probably deserve it
There is always a balance to all of these things of course, I agree 100%.
It shouldn't be about "converting" people, but about "enlightening" them as to how interesting the game is. I'm sure they've seen the show on TV, and are under the impression that it's just throwing two tops in the ring and getting lucky.

I try to show my friends that it's a competitive hobby, but for the most part they all just want to throw as many of them into the dish as possible. I haven't had a lot of success in getting them into bey, but they love to indiscriminately smash together battle strikers xP

If people aren't interested, don't force it, they will just rag on you for being into a "lame kids toy".
I say we show them all the hot bladers here >8] *nudge beybrad*

(just in case someone misinterprets, im kidding)

...but no seriously.
if they have no idea show them and see if they like it,if they know what it is but dont enjoy it dont force it on them,most people realy realy dont like it when people try and force things on them
drugs kidnap and torture help
anyway dont force pepol into liking what you like
if everyone liked what you liked there would be no one liking anything else eg football then noone would play it
You cannot "convert" someone to Beyblade. You can tell people about Beyblade (without harassing or annoying them), or show them how everything works, but you cannot force them to like Beyblade. If they are interested in Beyblade, they will take up the hobby, if they're not, then you can't do anything about it.

Done. There is no reason to keep this thread open any longer.