mythology

i had a look around and couldnt find a topic on mythology so i decided id make on,

anyway ive been watching this show on the histroy channel called "clash of the gods" and its realy intresting how the charathers in mythology are all sorta simalar when they started in coutrys far away from each other,
have uu ever read percy jackson?! omg ii lurves it Grin all the gods, zeus, aries , aphroidite Grin im liike a nerrdd at that stuff, i also like eyptian mythology, and the history...
ares not aries
The constellation is named Aries and the greek god, Ares (mars in roman mythology).
(Dec. 20, 2009  5:07 AM)Dirge Wrote: i had a look around and couldnt find a topic on mythology so i decided id make on,

anyway ive been watching this show on the histroy channel called "clash of the gods" and its realy intresting how the charathers in mythology are all sorta simalar when they started in coutrys far away from each other,

This also happened with Dragons. They were believed by Europeans and Asians alike before any contact. Though it is quite clear that Roman Mythology was, well, ripped off from that of the Greek, if you compare the Greeka and the Egyptain, you'd see quite some similarities.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that we are all human. Our imaginations move in the same general direction, despite individual minds straying a tad from the main line, or not going as far. It's all still West, parsay, even if your moving at a 95 degree angle from the horizon rather than a 90..... or maybe it's not the Horizon, but the Vertical line opposing it. Did i loose anyone, becouse now i'm lost in my own words...
(Dec. 23, 2009  2:03 AM)firelord767 Wrote: This also happened with Dragons. They were believed by Europeans and Asians alike before any contact. Though it is quite clear that Roman Mythology was, well, ripped off from that of the Greek, if you compare the Greeka and the Egyptain, you'd see quite some similarities.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that we are all human. Our imaginations move in the same general direction, despite individual minds straying a tad from the main line, or not going as far. It's all still West, parsay, even if your moving at a 95 degree angle from the horizon rather than a 90..... or maybe it's not the Horizon, but the Vertical line opposing it. Did i loose anyone, becouse now i'm lost in my own words...

yeah it was a way of explaining things for the humans at the period in time,has anyone seen zeitgeist movie?the bit on religon and mythology is realy intresting i cant realy go in dept with it since its against the wbo rules to disscus religon
I've yet to see that, though i really should look into it.

Is it a movie or documentary?
(Dec. 24, 2009  3:44 AM)firelord767 Wrote: I've yet to see that, though i really should look into it.

Is it a movie or documentary?

documetry/consipriesy theorys