mgs5 officially confirmed

lol i guess i wont sell my ps3 afterall
though i have to admit, ps3 lineup looks like carp now compared to 360's =/

btw would be cool if they announced a big boss game too, raiden game being 360 exclusive and big boss game being ps3 exclusive. might actually happen too, that teaser page had a pic of big boss, but nothing was said about big boss in the conference
Portable Ops (The third Metal Gear for PSP) was about Big Boss.

Sony of America has confirmed another PSP MGS game.
Lol IGN has officially removed their "360 exclusive, sorry Sony fans". A lot of people will be blacklisting them now.
Totally looking forward to this. I watched the announcement live and I screamed like a schoolgirl. Once, and only once.
(Jun. 01, 2009  11:29 PM)SK Wrote: though i have to admit, ps3 lineup looks like carp now compared to 360's =/

I think you ought to wait until E3 is over. Its not like Nintendo and sony have no secrets. btw Im on the kojima teaser site and it looks like theres more to come?(empty wall space o-O)
its still kool that its coming to the 360.

upcoming wii list looks promising Smile
the conduit
no more heroes 2
the grinder
yeah saw the ps logo when konami had their conference
but does anyone have a estimate of when it's going to be released? i'm guessing there won't be a 09 release?
The last game was Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Kinda reminds me of God of War (with the flying swords...and how he kills people). May be my first (non)real Castlevania game lol
Raiyu: Well, good thing you didn't play those two horrible Castlevania fighting games then, huh?
(Jun. 04, 2009  6:56 PM)Raiyu Wrote: The last game was Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Kinda reminds me of God of War (with the flying swords...and how he kills people). May be my first (non)real Castlevania game lol

Well, Kojima Productions is working on it. Def. worth looking into
i wouldn't phrase metal gear rising as mgs 5 since its not a contiuation of Snake's story but instead its about raiden which is going to be okay i guess. and seeing what they show at e3 i think the story might a continuation of what happened after the events the big shell incident (feature in mgs2) and when raiden went on his given sercet mission on figuring out who the patriots where (as told in mgs4's story but in bits)
(Jun. 11, 2009  9:33 AM)solshido Wrote: i wouldn't phrase metal gear rising as mgs 5 since its not a contiuation of Snake's story but instead its about raiden which is going to be okay i guess. and seeing what they show at e3 i think the story might a continuation of what happened after the events the big shell incident (feature in mgs2) and when raiden went on his given sercet mission on figuring out who the patriots where (as told in mgs4's story but in bits)

Well, from the quick trailer from E3, it looked like Raiden from MGS4, and it was called "The next chapter in the Metal Gear franchise" by the Microsoft guy.
I believe it's safe to say that it's a direct sequel, which is aimed at rebooting the franchise. I mean, the games slowly got more action oriented, the next logical step is an action game!
Well Kojima isn't actively working on Rising. He's actively working on Peace Walker, lulz. I guess current gen can't handle his vision without needing an astronomical budget?
would be cool if rising was mgs4, only through raiden's view instead of snake's
doubt it though
(Jun. 11, 2009  3:25 PM)SK Wrote: would be cool if rising was mgs4, only through raiden's view instead of snake's
doubt it though

That would be quite interesting to see, except for the fact that, with the exception of a very short time, we knew what Raiden was doing during MGS4.
it definately won't be 360 exclusive, but there is a possibilty of it being ps3 and 360....gopefully just ps3, mgs4 made ps3 sellings massive
(Jun. 21, 2009  2:50 AM)lamborghini1134 Wrote: it definately won't be 360 exclusive, but there is a possibilty of it being ps3 and 360....gopefully just ps3, mgs4 made ps3 sellings massive

Why "hopefully PS3 (only)?" what do you care if other people get to play the game?

Rising is 360 and PS3. It's not MGS5.
Rising is also on PC.

Rising has been heavily speculated to be a prequel to MGS4.

I'm still more interested in Peace Walker, because Snake/Big Boss over Raiden any day. As well Peace Walker is supposed to be more like earlier Metal Gear games, where as Rising is apparently an action game. It also doesn't hurt that Kojima is heavily involved in Peace Walker, and is only the producer for Rising.
They're not related to the mgs series, kojima said it has nothing to do with snakes story but the psp version will, i wonder how low they'll go in terms of quality since its on the xbox and its limited capacity.
(Jun. 22, 2009  12:34 PM)nabsdt Wrote: They're not related to the mgs series, kojima said it has nothing to do with snakes story but the psp version will, i wonder how low they'll go in terms of quality since its on the xbox and its limited capacity.

they won't need to lower the quality; just release it on more disks on 360..
Man i swear if mgs5 is released on wii i will dress up as snake and shoot myself XD
(Jun. 22, 2009  1:20 PM)SK Wrote: they won't need to lower the quality; just release it on more disks on 360..

I doubt they will since it costs a lot more and companies like microsoft charge the creators more for each additional disk per game i think 2 is the max and then any more than that and it goes up, but tbh i think it was a bad move to bring it to pc, it'll just get pirated.
You've never played Blue Dragon and Lost Oddsessy then. Both of them are like 4 or 5 DVDs (I honestly can't remember I sold them once I beat them lmao). I'm also sure FFXIII is gonna be a bunch of DVDs. I can see Rising on 360 getting heavily compressed audio and video if they want to stay away from using a bundle of DVDs.
(Jun. 22, 2009  3:12 PM)To Wrote: You've never played Blue Dragon and Lost Oddsessy then. Both of them are like 4 or 5 DVDs (I honestly can't remember I sold them once I beat them lmao). I'm also sure FFXIII is gonna be a bunch of DVDs. I can see Rising on 360 getting heavily compressed audio and video if they want to stay away from using a bundle of DVDs.

Nope never played em =\ ffxi will probably not have that many dvds since they just started making it after e3 since even though it'll be the same on ps3 and 360 there will be differences since they have to adapt both versions to both consoles, its on kotaku.com somewhere where the guy said that they would make different versions to not hinder consoles in terms of performance and graphics.
Square is only saying that so that they don't kill all potential sales in North America and Europe on 360. I expect FF XIII's 360 version to be weaker then the PS3's.