metal layers in burst?

So burst has only just been out for a few months and is just getting started
As more and more new beys come out we will see many different things, the most different one so far in my oppinion is excaliber. Corocoro also seems to be advertising it as this amazing new thing. One thing that stands out is the sword. The sword on the picture seems to be made of metal...BUT that mostlikly isnt true, it will probly be made of plastic like all layers. But that got me and alot of other people thinking. From everything we have seen i am guessing that in some time layers will evolve (duh as does every beyblade part as the generation goes) the way i see burst.....it can have many options, an option to allow or to block the bursting, spreading the crystal plactic from the colored plastic to change them from another bey, more different types of drivers that do cool things and many other options, just like with the metal saga though and the original series the burst beys could have metal layers later on in the generation, think of HMS the parts that attacked was mostly the metal ones instead of the plastic part, as for the metal saga....well we ended up having more metal with the zero-g system, if burst does do the seperating the layer into two parts option and having one piece or both be metal ( not fully but in some way ) then they could have it so that the beys could evolve into something similar to the zero-g syncrom system, but if they do that....due to the nature of the burst beys, having metal fly in every direction probly isnt the best move for the younger bladers, or just any one in general lol, so of they do that they would probly have an option so you can choose if you want your bey to risk getting burst or not kinda like a lock and unlock mechenism for bursting. This has been talked about before the burst beys were released, but now that they are out we can see that as the beys evolve something in that sence can be done, similar things has been done in the past ( locking free spining parts or changing one tip to another ) but so far anything goes, what do you guys think of this idea and what are your own thoughts on the evolution of burst and what do you think of layers being metal?
You should work on your spacing, it's kinda hard to read your OP.

Honestly, I don't know about all Metal Layers. Even later on in MFB, original parts still had use.
I think maybe there could be like...inner core of the layer made of metal? That's possible, for weight distribution. Or maybe some metal exposed on the side.
To add to what Neo said, unless they're introducing a totally new kind of series, Metal Layers will be unbelievably powerful versus a normal Burst. In MFB, even if 4D MW outclassed the old ones, I don't believe it was Takara Tomys intent on doing so as the change gimmick was the feature, and they obviously wouldn't make Metal layers on the same system to make it fairer, probably. Diablo and Basalt, the heaviest wheels at the time were also nerfed from being OP'ed.
Sorry im on my phone so thats why my spaci g is being messed up hahahah.
Yes thats what i ment to say, a layer could have some metal in it, or the whole thing be metal kinda how the metal saga ended up getting more metal in 4d to zero-g. And i do agree that metal layers ( in some form either fully metal or part metal ) would be powerfull . So thats why i think they would add a bursting lock system to it
(Nov. 15, 2015  12:42 AM)Latios300000 Wrote: Sorry im on my phone so thats why my spaci g is being messed up hahahah.
Yes thats what i ment to say, a layer could have some metal in it, or the whole thing be metal kinda how the metal saga ended up getting more metal in 4d to zero-g. And i do agree that metal layers ( in some form either fully metal or part metal ) would be powerfull . So thats why i think they would add a bursting lock system to it

A bursting lock system would worsen the problem of it being powerful of we're talking about battling against Burst.

If we're talking about fighting these metal layers with each other, then it may as well be another MFB with new looks.
It can go both ways actually.....like the original, in the end we went from the classic beys to the HMS the HMS beys were ment to battle each other only but people still used them against the other beys, so if they make layers fully metal with burst locking systems then they would advertise it to be battles only with that kind of burst beys. But many people would end up using it against the other burst beys. Or what the can do is take the metal saga way. Have some sort of metal on the layer, not making it all metal...just a tiny part you know that way they would advertise it just as the new model instead of a new system in burst
(Nov. 15, 2015  12:54 AM)Latios300000 Wrote: It can go both ways actually.....like the original, in the end we went from the classic beys to the HMS the HMS beys were ment to battle each other only but people still used them against the other beys, so if they make layers fully metal with burst locking systems then they would advertise it to be battles only with that kind of burst beys. But many people would end up using it against the other burst beys. Or what the can do is take the metal saga way. Have some sort of metal on the layer, not making it all metal...just a tiny part you know that way they would advertise it just as the new model instead of a new system in burst

Well HMS was a completely new system altogether, if the old series continued this would have been a new beyblade system for sure, it wasn't cross compatible either.
True.... the zero-g system was also mostly a new system but you could still use the tracks and tips of the other seasons. If burst does end up having dome kinf of metal layers i doubt they would change the system so much like hms did to the original i think it will be more like zero-g
Metal layers vs plastic layers and metal teeth on plastic drivers wouldbe terrible for wear. Only the inner segment (already for weight distribution, not contact shape) being metal would make sense to me and we'll have to see a lot of power creep before that starts to look likely.
(Nov. 15, 2015  1:49 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Metal layers vs plastic layers and metal teeth on plastic drivers wouldbe terrible for wear. Only the inner segment (already for weight distribution, not contact shape) being metal would make sense to me and we'll have to see a lot of power creep before that starts to look likely.

Or, the clear part becoming metal while leaving the inner parts plastic so it would wear the Driver.
No no i doubt the teeth would ever be metal as that would definetly damade the driver, i mean the clear or the colored plastic one of the two or both, but it would most likely be the clear plastic, if they do make the colored plastic metal at some point then im sure they wont make the tooth metal
If the clear plastic were made metal, would that not noticeably increase wear between it and regular layers?
a little, but we know takara tomy would work out something. maybe there would just be enough metal around it for weight, idk how or where metal would be placed but there is many ways there can be
(Nov. 15, 2015  12:35 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: To add to what Neo said, unless they're introducing a totally new kind of series, Metal Layers will be unbelievably powerful versus a normal Burst. In MFB, even if 4D MW outclassed the old ones, I don't believe it was Takara Tomys intent on doing so as the change gimmick was the feature, and they obviously wouldn't make Metal layers on the same system to make it fairer, probably. Diablo and Basalt, the heaviest wheels at the time were also nerfed from being OP'ed.

Um I don't agree with that. There was a massive power creep as the series went on due to them increasing the weight of the beys. That meant that you had to keep buying the new releases to be competitive. That was clearly intentional to make sure people who wanted to play had to buy the new releases.
(Nov. 15, 2015  5:56 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2015  12:35 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: To add to what Neo said, unless they're introducing a totally new kind of series, Metal Layers will be unbelievably powerful versus a normal Burst. In MFB, even if 4D MW outclassed the old ones, I don't believe it was Takara Tomys intent on doing so as the change gimmick was the feature, and they obviously wouldn't make Metal layers on the same system to make it fairer, probably. Diablo and Basalt, the heaviest wheels at the time were also nerfed from being OP'ed.

Um I don't agree with that. There was a massive power creep as the series went on due to them increasing the weight of the beys. That meant that you had to keep buying the new releases to be competitive. That was clearly intentional to make sure people who wanted to play had to buy the new releases.

Yes, but at least with MFB the material was the same. This would be a direct outclassing going from Plastic to Metal.
(Nov. 15, 2015  6:34 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2015  5:56 PM)Ultra Wrote:

Yes, but at least with MFB the material was the same. This would be a direct outclassing going from Plastic to Metal.

Exactly, the whole 4D innovation was that the wheels had mode changes, which would have given the game more variety. Plus, I think they would have at least advertised that the wheels are heavier when they introduced 4D, so it might not all be intentional.
Did they advertise that Hell was heavy? Or any of the other maximum series beys besides Bassalt?
(Nov. 15, 2015  6:47 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Did they advertise that Hell was heavy? Or any of the other maximum series beys besides Bassalt?

Not that I remembered, as it's weight wasn't it's focus. They probably intended it's gimmick was worth rather than it's weight...
from what i remember they advertised hell as the widest wheel at the time, and mostly the boost disk spin track. but changing from one piece from one material to another isnt that bad, if you think about in zero-g you could litterally make a bey that was 95% metal the other 5% would be the plastic around the metal spin track ( like gb125) and tip ( like metal ball )
(Nov. 15, 2015  7:06 PM)Latios300000 Wrote: from what i remember they advertised hell as the widest wheel at the time, and mostly the boost disk spin track. but changing from one piece from one material to another isnt that bad, if you think about in zero-g you could litterally make a bey that was 95% metal the other 5% would be the plastic around the metal spin track ( like gb125) and tip ( like metal ball )

Zero G, while still compatible with MFB track and bottoms I think were meant to be really different, since even 4D was fully compatible with other HWS Beyblades. GB145 is a little different to having metal layers, since Metal Layers would destroy Plastic ones and GB145 wasn't that much heavier. If you mean the layers should be part metal and part plastic where it isn't too heavy and is slowly more powerful, then I can accept that.
yes thats what ive been trying to say hahahaah part metal part plastic in that way
I don't know how well the Driver's spring would hold up having that weight pressing on it.
(Nov. 15, 2015  7:28 PM)Neo Wrote: I don't know how well the Driver's spring would hold up having that weight pressing on it.

the springs do seem durable...but yes that is true wich makes me think if the do, then they wont use alot of metal , maybe just enough to still make the spring system not get damadge
(Nov. 15, 2015  7:16 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: If you mean the layers should be part metal and part plastic where it isn't too heavy and is slowly more powerful, then I can accept that.

I would rather we didn't have the level of weight creep MFB had again.
Too dangerous. Never gonna happen.