light wheels aka why i hate takara-tomy

This is so depressing. If TT can manage to do something like this, then what the hell will Hasbro do Gasp

I feel like writing a complaint letter or something. It's like they think we're idiots. A 5 year old would eventually be able to identify that the light wheels suck and that the metal wheels work and look better so I don't know who they think they're fooling.
(Apr. 05, 2009  5:04 PM)Sega Wrote: I really hope Takara Tomy doesn't go all out cheap on us and just completely ditches Metal in future Beyblades, Light Wheels are a joke and no one would choose them at any means. Also getting sick of Takara marketing the Hybrid Blades rehashing the same Metal Layer and just saying that the Clear part is totally different which has carp all effect.

How many Wind beyblades will we end up getting?

OK, chill out. They're only in Random Boosters for now and I can guarantee they're not going to ditch metal. They just simply don't work without metal.
(Apr. 05, 2009  5:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I actually sort of want to buy a bunch of them, get them all into the Wide Square stadium and let a Storm Pegasis loose in there

This would make an amazing video; you must do this at BWR. Mind you after you do it, you will feel like an idiot for buying them, but at least you will get the temporary satisfaction of watching them get owned. XD
(Apr. 05, 2009  5:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: OK, chill out. They're only in Random Boosters for now and I can guarantee they're not going to ditch metal. They just simply don't work without metal.

But im hoping they're not just going to do Light Wheels for future boosters and so we're left with having to buy Starters and Boosters to get the metal parts which are hopefully not going to get rehashed. Confused
Maybe the "light wheel era" will only last for a short while. They might be releasing these because the Face Hunters use light wheels. So once the Face Hunters upgrade or when they slowly exit the show, the light wheels may disappear as well.

This could also be a business strategy because once FH upgrade from crappy light wheels to the awesome metal wheels, people will really want to buy the 'metal version' of the blades.
Honestly, I don't mind them that much. Sure, they could have made new releases instead of them, but at least you're getting a top wheel thingy. Maybe they just wanted to expand the color possibilities with Hybrid Wheel?

You don't have to buy them. Just be patient and wait till the next actual release.
Why should we have to wait though. It should have been thought through.
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:46 PM)Commie Wrote: Honestly, I don't mind them that much. Sure, they could have made new releases instead of them, but at least you're getting a top wheel thingy. Maybe they just wanted to expand the color possibilities with Hybrid Wheel?

You don't have to buy them. Just be patient and wait till the next actual release.

The 'top wheel thingy' (aka Clear Wheel) so far does not affect the blade in battle. They are more for aesthetic purposes.
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:51 PM)Aqua Wrote: The 'top wheel thingy' (aka Clear Wheel) so far does not affect the blade in battle. They are more for aesthetic purposes.

I understood that. That's why I said maybe they're just expanding the Hybrid Wheel color possibilities.

Also, you're getting a track and bottom for cheaper than it would be to buy the metal wheel counterpart that has the track and bottom you're looking for.
(Apr. 05, 2009  8:06 PM)Commie Wrote: I understood that. That's why I said maybe they're just expanding the Hybrid Wheel color possibilities.

Also, you're getting a track and bottom for cheaper than it would be to buy the metal wheel counterpart that has the track and bottom you're looking for.

except they didn't include RF in RBVL1, but they did include all the other hybrid wheel parts

woops
(Apr. 05, 2009  7:51 PM)Aqua Wrote: The 'top wheel thingy' (aka Clear Wheel) so far does not affect the blade in battle. They are more for aesthetic purposes.

Are we clear on that, I didn't see anyone posting their testing results regarding it...

And having plastic series that is associated with "Metal Fight" seems totally meaningless, I wonder why did Takara-tomy had such an intention on releasing them?
I actually didn't Mind the Clear Wheels after a bit- but the Light Wheels pissed me off...
Are you guys saying that the MFB's suck? Im lost..sorry.. noob i am
No SOME of the new releases are all Plastic And they aren't even good- That's why...
With no weight disk? are you joking? hmmm...almost seems like they'd be those generic tops you find at the dollar section of walmart..
In basis, we all feel robbed by the presence of the abomination that is the light wheel booster.
Lets just hope that Hasbro discount the inclusion of these in to their line.
(Apr. 05, 2009  9:07 PM)Nick Wrote: With no weight disk? are you joking? hmmm...almost seems like they'd be those generic tops you find at the dollar section of walmart..

they look like it too

[Image: ena117ena44-img600x473-1238675413fxagoc11157.jpg]
oh my gosh..time to crawl back into my hole of original plastics and HMS.
I hope hasbro ONLY releases Light wheel using Beyblades and Beylaunchers.
seriously though, light wheels suck...
(Apr. 05, 2009  9:28 PM)Nick Wrote: oh my gosh..time to crawl back into my hole of original plastics and HMS.

Don't take it the wrong way. MFB are awesome, it's just this particluar release of light wheels that suck which fortunately only comes in a couple RBs for now.
(Apr. 05, 2009  9:30 PM)Crimson Wrote: I hope hasbro ONLY releases Light wheel using Beyblades and Beylaunchers.

This won't be funny... Tired
(Apr. 05, 2009  9:32 PM)Aqua Wrote: Don't take it the wrong way. MFB are awesome, it's just this particluar release of light wheels that suck which fortunately only comes in a couple RBs for now.

Yeah. I was thinking about ordering a few MFBs but am kind of curious as to what hasbro is going to do, so i'll wait a few more months
(Apr. 05, 2009  9:23 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: they look like it too

[Image: ena117ena44-img600x473-1238675413fxagoc11157.jpg]

My god no stickers on these make them look even cheaper than before... They break my bey-heart.Crying
Hmm...
These Light Wheels just shout "TEMPLATE!" at me.
It might really have been thought to be only a cheaper way to get Tracks and Bottoms.
BB-31 is probably all about the rare Cancer Clear Wheel and the rare CH120 Track.
I think they made it look like a whole Beyblade so they could crank up the price compared to selling "only Tracks and Bottoms"-Random Boosters.
Also, the names:
Attack Metal Wheel: Storm, Attack Light Wheel: Wind
Defense Metal Wheel: Rock, Defense Light Wheel: Clay
Balance Metal Wheel: Dark, Balance Light Wheel: Mad
The shapes are the same too.
These Light Wheels are supposed to be dumbed down versions of the Metal Wheels!
OK Kazegami ... we pretty much knew all of that already? Confused