is burst classic popular?

when i was much much younger i used to love beyblade and went to a lot of unranked wbo tournaments especially when the god layer system was still being released but later when i got to middle school i quit because i felt like i was getting too old.

no one else wanted to play with me at that point and i wasn't in los angeles anymore so tournaments were hard to come by but lately i have been looking at my old dual layer collection and started binging season one again!

so now i’m really obsessed again but not obsessed enough to the point of wanting to go out and learn about all the new ones and spend $100+ to customize something “meta” so instead i really want to start going to or maybe even hosing burst classic tournaments.

the thing im wondering though is how popular is the format? its very rare i see any classic bust tournaments posted so then i was thinking “hm maybe i should host my own lol” but then i started thinking “but what if no one shows up” so now i don’t know if i should.

like realistically if i hosted a classic burst tournament in a big city how many people would genuinely show up? i just really wanna have fun playing with beyblades again its just been so long and i miss the hype feeling
(Nov. 05, 2023  8:15 PM)Cyber_Pretzel Wrote: when i was much much younger i used to love beyblade and went to a lot of unranked wbo tournaments especially when the god layer system was still being released but later when i got to middle school i quit because i felt like i was getting too old.

no one else wanted to play with me at that point and i wasn't in los angeles anymore so tournaments were hard to come by but lately i have been looking at my old dual layer collection and started binging season one again!

so now i’m really obsessed again but not obsessed enough to the point of wanting to go out and learn about all the new ones and spend $100+ to customize something “meta” so instead i really want to start going to or maybe even hosing burst classic tournaments.

the thing im wondering though is how popular is the format? its very rare i see any classic bust tournaments posted so then i was thinking “hm maybe i should host my own lol” but then i started thinking “but what if no one shows up” so now i don’t know if i should.

like realistically if i hosted a classic burst tournament in a big city how many people would genuinely show up? i just really wanna have fun playing with beyblades again its just been so long and i miss the hype feeling

It depends on where you’re at and who is going to the tournament honestly, only veteran or better players play Burst classic because of how expensive the classic beyblades are.
(Nov. 06, 2023  1:20 AM)lil-iz Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2023  8:15 PM)Cyber_Pretzel Wrote: when i was much much younger i used to love beyblade and went to a lot of unranked wbo tournaments especially when the god layer system was still being released but later when i got to middle school i quit because i felt like i was getting too old.

It depends on where you’re at and who is going to the tournament honestly, only veteran or better players play Burst classic because of how expensive the classic beyblades are.

makes sense, would you say in that case then that burst limited would most likely have more people than burst classic? i have both dual and god layers i just have a slight preference for the simplicity of dual layers but if burst limited would bring in more people then i would definitely rather go for that ya feel me
(Nov. 06, 2023  2:17 AM)Cyber_Pretzel Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2023  1:20 AM)lil-iz Wrote: It depends on where you’re at and who is going to the tournament honestly, only veteran or better players play Burst classic because of how expensive the classic beyblades are.

makes sense, would you say in that case then that burst limited would most likely have more people than burst classic? i have both dual and god layers i just have a slight preference for the simplicity of dual layers but if burst limited would bring in more people then i would definitely rather go for that ya feel me

It entirely depends on your region. It's impossible to gauge if "a large city would play [Format]" because many large cities have their own community preferences.

Burst Standard is by far the most popular Burst format because of the ease of access (nothing is banned). Burst GT is a close second, and Burst Classic and Limited are a distant third and fourth in terms of number of tournaments held. Burst Limited is barely played in the world (there have been several months where no tournaments are hosted at all).

It will also probably depend on which Beys your region has access to.
which region are you in? currently TabletopTavern in San Diego has about 80 burst classic beys for sale for fairly cheap.

Really depends on region, but if it's in a region I'm close to you best believe I'm showing up if the rules are right!