iPod Touch

I didn't know of this was the right place to post it but a iPod Touch is not a television Tongue_out. However, tomorrow I will get my iPod Touch. Are here some iPod Touch owners?

Thanks,
Omar
I've got one. 8GB version.

I actually owned the first generation one as well, but I was luckily able to return it because it hadn't been 30 days before Apple announced and released the second generation iPod Touch.
My friend won an iPod touch for doing a public speaking competition. So jealous. Pinching_eyes
Me too Kei! My set up is: Crappy £20 Sony Ericsson Walkman, 6 Meg Camera and an iPod Touch
Cool beats the hell out of a iPhone anyday.
I'm using an 8GB Touch.
Got a ton of songs, and some movies on it too.

I'm happy with it.
I'm waiting on that 64 Gig touch, whenever it arrives. No point in buying an ipod with the same space as my 30 Gig video.
I have an 8gb 2g iPhone, and I'm very happy. It's practically the same device, with a phone lol

My only complaint is my router doesn't like my iPhone very much.

I can't wait for OS 3.0
I have an 8 GB iPhone 3G and I love it to death.

However, I think the iPod Touch is a laughable, sorry excuse for a consumer electronic.
(Mar. 18, 2009  11:09 PM)Roan Wrote: I have an 8 GB iPhone 3G and I love it to death.

However, I think the iPod Touch is a laughable, sorry excuse for a consumer electronic.

some of us can't use zunes because microsoft hates all things good in the world

so touches suffice
lmao the touch and Zunes aren't even direct competitors.

The iPod Touch is positioned as a high-end device with rich multimedia capabilities but its horribly gimped by small storage space (32 GB is acceptable, but most people have collections larger than 8 GBs and close to 16) and an astronomic price tag. The cheapest model is $229, which is kind of crazy considering Apple's own flagship device, the iPod Classic, starts at $249 with way more storage space (roughly 15 times that of the entry level iPod Touch) and the exact same estimated battery life.

Then there's the iPod Nano that comes in the same storage sizes but at much cheaper prices. I dunno, the iPod Touch is just an anomaly to me, I don't see the reason or point for it to exist -- I never have. People say its for those who want an iPhone without the phone and AT&T contract but that's a lame argument -- if you want an iPhone, buy a freaking iPhone.
well i meant i want a zune but microsoft doesn't support OS X

but, yeah i suppose
(Mar. 18, 2009  11:09 PM)Roan Wrote: I have an 8 GB iPhone 3G and I love it to death.

What's worse, a Touch or a Sony Mylo?

Btw, rocking two 8gb 2g iPhones over here.
Ok im curious how much all of you Ipods are filled to near capacity??? also have nany of you jail breaked it?
I understand that for its price it should offer more, but jeeze to me 8 gb is huge. like I think it eventually becomes like you just can't leave it alone, changing the track constantly, too much choice...?

I love the UI alot... but I know there are other players that sound better.
(Mar. 19, 2009  4:34 AM)Blue Wrote: Ok im curious how much all of you Ipods are filled to near capacity??? also have nany of you jail breaked it?
I understand that for its price it should offer more, but jeeze to me 8 gb is huge. like I think it eventually becomes like you just can't leave it alone, changing the track constantly, too much choice...?

I have a 30 gig video with about 4 gigs left. All music, no photos or vids.
My iPhone, at 8 GBs, is nearly full right now. I have about 400 MBs of free space left on it, and that's with 777 songs, 2 videos and 75 pictures.

777 songs might sound like a lot but its really just a fraction of my music library. Yeah I don't listen to everything I own all that often, but it would still be nice to be able to carry around all of my music for whenever the whim strikes me to listen to something I haven't heard in a long time.
(Mar. 19, 2009  4:34 AM)Blue Wrote: Ok im curious how much all of you Ipods are filled to near capacity??? also have nany of you jail breaked it?

I'm waiting for the 16gb MicroSD to go on sale because my 8gb Sanza with an additional 8gb MicroSD isn't even half my music. An iPod classic might hold all of my music, but for that price, I could just buy like, 12 Sanza clips when they go on special on Woot.

iPods break waaay too easily for me anyway. I had my 30gb break five times within the manufacturer's warranty...and every time it was something different. Played out of one ear, lost it's image, froze, no boot, skipping tracks, etc. The one thing that did surprise me, however, was it survived a rainstorm overnight. Worked fine for months afterwards.

I think the WiFi feature is pretty interesting, but I'd much prefer to just get a a Blackberry Bold for that price seeing as I can do a lot more things on the new Blackberry. I'm also not sold on the whole heat sensitive issue. It would make a lot more sense to me if the iPod was pressure sensative. I have such a massive amount of heat in my hands that I end up hitting about 3 keys at once when text paging on an iPhone.

My biggest complaint about all of the above is that working in retail, you learn there's absolutely no profit in Mac products - it's all gross sales. I'm not fond of that type of capitalism, although I gotta hand it to Mr. Jobs, I admire his marketing skills...

But on the upside to the iPod touch, you can't get a shiny lightsaber that goes WHOOSH WHOOSH on anything else. Grin
(Mar. 19, 2009  4:58 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I'm also not sold on the whole heat sensitive issue. It would make a lot more sense to me if the iPod was pressure sensative. I have such a massive amount of heat in my hands that I end up hitting about 3 keys at once when text paging on an iPhone.

that's not how capacitative touch screens work
(Mar. 19, 2009  5:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: that's not how capacitative touch screens work
To which part are you referring?
the part i quoted
Isn't it the electricity in the body, and not the heat that makes the touchscreen work with these?
(Mar. 19, 2009  5:34 AM)Baronrana Wrote: Isn't it the electricity in the body, and not the heat that makes the touchscreen work with these?

Yes.
deikailo has three times the electricity of a normal human being flowing through her fingertips
(Mar. 19, 2009  5:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: deikailo has three times the electricity of a normal human being flowing through her fingertips
Quite possibly. I have three times everything else it seems, why not electricity? :?
I have now 1.4GB music Tongue_out and bought the 8GB version. Hmm today before 17:00 my iPod need to be here. I think I'm gonne Jailbreak it!