iPhone

I just got an iPhone 3gs two weeks ago and I gotta say this is the most amazing phone I ever had. The thing is like endless entertainment. Im sure any of you on here with iPhones feel the same way so i made this topic.

Figure we can chat about the iPhone, Its features, talk about what kind and color our iPhones are, suggest apps and whatnot.
Nice my dad's on o2 and i asked him to upgrade to the iPhone and give it to me.
First he said ok but he hasn't gotten back to me on that yet. lol i'm gonna ask him again but i'm not really hot on phones i recently sold my W810i for 2 games so I really ain't botherd bout them that much.
I'm currently looking into buying my first mobile phone and right now it's between the iPhone 3GS and several Blackberrys. As someone who already uses a Mac, I'm truly tempted to get an iPhone due to all of the integration with Mac apps, and of course Mobile Safari. However, I'm not sure how I feel about buying into an ecosystem where I can't be trusted to download whatever software I want.
I wish I had an I phone. I have a Ipod Touch and know the iphone has to be like that except awesomer! (Get a white on Brad) I think the apps on Itunes are a good idea...some of them are carp but others are pretty fun games and useful stuff.
I might upgrade to a 3gs when my plany finishes in 2 months Unhappy
for some reason i might get it in white
I've had my iPhone 3G for about a year now and honestly I don't think I could ever use another phone permanently.

I've got a black 8 GB, but I'll probably be upgrading to the 16 GB 3Gs within the next few months.
(Aug. 16, 2009  10:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm currently looking into buying my first mobile phone and right now it's between the iPhone 3GS and several Blackberrys. As someone who already uses a Mac, I'm truly tempted to get an iPhone due to all of the integration with Mac apps, and of course Mobile Safari. However, I'm not sure how I feel about buying into an ecosystem where I can't be trusted to download whatever software I want.

Good point. There are several key negatives for the iphone. In New York (i dont know about the rest of the country or the world) AT&T only offers the phone on 2 year contracts. Also they dont offer insurance for the phone, only a dumb plan where if you break it or loose it you can buy one back at contract price ($200-$300) which is a total rip off. Also as you said you cant download whatever you want and apple has been rejecting a bunch of apps.

That being said i have to say that this phone is still totally worth it. There where 3 apps that i wanted on my phone that got rejected. Google Latitude, Google Voice and Firefox for iPhone. Fortunately google being a crafty enterprise simply created a mobile website made specifically for the iphone that runs their rejected apps, and websites can be neatly bookmarked and these bookmarks can be placed on the home screen just like apps are. Firefox on the other hand cant do this. But the safari browser is treating me fine on the iphone so far. Its a shame though that there will be no competition for iphone browsers. It would only benefit everyones browser of choice including safari.
It has nothing to do with using those rejected apps themselves and everything to do with the principle of the matter. I can download whatever I want on my MacBook, why not my iPhone?
I understand. IMO The benefits of the phone out way the negatives.
The benefit to have a Iphone is having a access to Internet all time, therefore, you need to have a voice plan + a data plan which will cost a lot monthly. Also, I don't know if cellphone compagnies can give you the Iphone whitout a data plan.
(Aug. 17, 2009  3:39 AM)Dranzer. Wrote: The benefit to have a Iphone is having a access to Internet all time, therefore, you need to have a voice plan + a data plan which will cost a lot monthly. Also, I don't know if cellphone compagnies can give you the Iphone whitout a data plan.

I'm paying roughly $100/month for:

450 Anytime minutes
5,000 night and weekend minutes
Unlimited Texting
Unlimited Data

That's pretty steep but considering how reliant the iPhone is on data, I don't think it's that unreasonable, especially for as much as I use it.
Yeah i have the same exact plan. Its hard to find something similar and cheeper for other providers.
What are some of your favorite apps man? I gotta say this game Geo Tower Defence is the best 99 cents i ever spent.
I don't really play a lot of games on my phone, but I have a ton of apps. Some of my favorites:

- Last.Fm
- Facebook
- Twitterific
- IM+
- Shazam
- FML
- eBay
- Amazon
- The Weather Channel
- iScopes

Games:

- Isotope
- Peggle
- cs.one
- Tap Tap Revenge 2
- Tap Tap Coldplay (don't judge me lol)
Whats iscopes?
(Aug. 17, 2009  5:09 AM)Maz Wrote: Whats iscopes?

It's a Horoscope application.
Yea, I actually enjoy using my dad's old Jailbroken iPhone 2G(Despite it being slower than my old touch). If you really want to use you phone to the fullest i suggest Jailbreaking you phone or hell even you touch for the matter.
(Aug. 17, 2009  5:18 AM)Roan Wrote: It's a Horoscope application.

Oh okay i see. Im gonna have to pass on that. You should check out screenclean. Its pretty useless but fun to try out.
Tap Tap Revenge 2.6 is seriously the best apps I've seen in the App Store. However, I wish the paid versions of the TTR series were better.
The creeps, pocket god and doodle jump are fun.
Brad, buy the BlackBerry so you can help Hamilton get an NHL team.

Brought to you by Make It Seven.ca
(Aug. 17, 2009  3:38 PM)To Wrote: Brad, buy the BlackBerry so you can help Hamilton get an NHL team.

Brought to you by Make It Seven.ca

looks like im getting an iphone
Good choice
(Aug. 17, 2009  5:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: looks like im getting an iphone

Atleast the Ty-Cats aren't terribad this year.
Bounce On is the best game! Manga Portal is good too. And the Tap Tap ones Tongue_out_wink
It's all about that 16gb Black 3G unlocked on T-Mobile wooooo