game rules discussion

hey sorry new guy here. don't have much of a local scene but i was playing around with different ways to use the qualities the new x system introduces and I landed on something interesting that was the only format preferred over the normal rules after each format was discussed and tested in the extended hangout setting I tried everything out in. it's essentially a shot clock. definitely would need to be tweaked for more serious stuff but I landed on having everything within the first 15-20 seconds(could go anywhere between 15-40 seconds I think) count for 2 points(extreme finish staying at 3), then afterward everything including extreme finishs counting for 1(wild round was improvised by raising the cover off the stadium after the shot clock to potentially end things quicker and in a more exciting way to potentially make up for the low points received but balance is as questionable as it was fun to do). going in I kept a mental hypothesis about the experience of the game in each format and in this case it was externally validated and preferred. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts or knows more about this stuff and how it would feel in a bigger setting or it's overall implications on gameplay.