cod5 Wii or PC ??

(Nov. 17, 2008  5:04 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2008  8:29 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Red Steel. It was HORRIBLE.

This explains a lot. Red Steel was indeed horrible. I have said this numerous times lately, but try playing MoH: H2, MP3, or RE4: Wii Edition (still a shooter) and you will understand how FPS should be on the Wii.

funny how you mention those three games everytime this is brought up
i mean okay, wii has 3 (technically 2 since mp isnt considered a shooter by nintendo) decent shooters. now how many does xbox 360 and ps3 have? not even comparable. so of course controllers are better for fps (and clearly mouse/keyboard too)
(Nov. 17, 2008  3:37 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: pegasis is the brandonk of wii
does this means youll BAN me !?Unhappy lol
i dont offend others like brandonk,there is a huge difference

so guys no 1 answered me,is the pc game worth spending my money on it?
(Nov. 17, 2008  1:28 PM)pegasis Wrote: [quote='Bey Brad' pid='74794' dateline='1226889424']

so guys no 1 answered me,is the pc game worth spending my money on it?

yes
(Nov. 17, 2008  1:12 PM)SK Wrote: wii has 3 (technically 2 since mp isnt considered a shooter by nintendo) decent shooters. now how many does xbox 360 and ps3 have? not even comparable.

Having a billion different WW2 shooters and stuff, along with the occasional burnout game is NOT good. I like unique stuff. Don't be anti-wii (although I must admit that the 'new' controls get kinda boring after a while). I'd rather pay for a decent GC game nowadays or go play CTR than bother with a new game. I'm too nostalgic about games maybe? Meh.

I just like games that are unique but still use a joypad. I LOVED N64 games. <3

Anyways, PC controls for FPS > Wii controls for FPS. End of.
(Nov. 17, 2008  1:12 PM)SK Wrote: funny how you mention those three games everytime this is brought up
i mean okay, wii has 3 (technically 2 since mp isnt considered a shooter by nintendo) decent shooters. now how many does xbox 360 and ps3 have? not even comparable. so of course controllers are better for fps (and clearly mouse/keyboard too)

Why would you bring something like this up? How does it make sense to say that the FPS controls are better on standard controllers/mouse and keyboard simply because of that (I ask because the way you have worded it makes it seem that it is a fact, which it is not)?

The only people you can blame for the amount of FPS's on the Wii are the developers themselves. It has been proven that the genre can work well on the system (putting aside all personal preferences, of course), so there is no reason for developers to not want to put out FPS games on the Wii. This is proven by those games I always make an example of and the fact that CoD: WaW was developed for the PS3/360, and the Wii this time around shows that it has become more generally accepted by developers.

Roan, I believe you may be correct in saying that your unsteady hand played a factor in your frustration with the RE4: Wii Edtion controls. I had no such problem. I can understand your problem, however.
(Nov. 17, 2008  9:34 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2008  1:12 PM)SK Wrote: funny how you mention those three games everytime this is brought up

The only people you can blame for the amount of FPS's on the Wii are the developers themselves. It has been proven that the genre can work well on the system (putting aside all personal preferences, of course), so there is no reason for developers to not want to put out FPS games on the Wii.

You could also blame the core audience of the Wii. Most people buying Wii are not interested in FPS games whatsoever.
(Nov. 17, 2008  6:57 PM)Pikachao Wrote: I like unique stuff. Don't be anti-wii.

Unique stuff like Braid, LittleBigPlanet, Mirror's Edge, Fable, Fallout, and a bunch of other amazing games for PS3 and 360 (moreso 360)?

What does the Wii have that's so unique? And really, don't try to tell people what they're allowed to have opinions about. :\

Why would you bring something like this up? How does it make sense to say that the FPS controls are better on standard controllers/mouse and keyboard simply because of that (I ask because the way you have worded it makes it seem that it is a fact, which it is not)?

The only people you can blame for the amount of FPS's on the Wii are the developers themselves. It has been proven that the genre can work well on the system (putting aside all personal preferences, of course), so there is no reason for developers to not want to put out FPS games on the Wii. This is proven by those games I always make an example of and the fact that CoD: WaW was developed for the PS3/360, and the Wii this time around shows that it has become more generally accepted by developers.

Roan, I believe you may be correct in saying that your unsteady hand played a factor in your frustration with the RE4: Wii Edtion controls. I had no such problem. I can understand your problem, however.
well they are generally acknowledged as the better option for shooters, by most people. the fact that 360/ps3 has alot more quality shooters than wii just confirms that, especially considering the wii and ps3 have been out for around the same amount of time

oh and im pretty sure the only reason treyarch made a wii version was so they could earn more money? sorta like how they also made a ps2 and a ds version
(Nov. 17, 2008  9:50 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Unique stuff like Braid, LittleBigPlanet, Mirror's Edge, Fable, Fallout, and a bunch of other amazing games for PS3 and 360 (moreso 360)?

What does the Wii have that's so unique? And really, don't try to tell people what they're allowed to have opinions about. :\

My point was meant to be against his "It has next to no FPS games so it sucks" type comment. Sorry if it seemed different. I was trying to make the point that games other than FPS games can be good.
(Nov. 17, 2008  10:31 PM)Pikachao Wrote:

My point was meant to be against his "It has next to no FPS games so it sucks" type comment. Sorry if it seemed different. I was trying to make the point that games other than FPS games can be good.
if you havent noticed, this thread is about a wii fps vs a pc fps

not about "original games"

My point was meant to be against his "It has next to no FPS games so it sucks" type comment.

I have almost a universal hatred of all FPSs, yet I still think the Wii is a piece of carp, and undoubtly the most expensive waste of space I own.
(Nov. 17, 2008  9:46 PM)Roan Wrote: You could also blame the core audience of the Wii. Most people buying Wii are not interested in FPS games whatsoever.

Sure, that is without a doubt true, but there is a lot of people excited for games like CoD: WaW on Wii and The Conduit. I am sure if the developers put more effort into Wii games, more "core" gamers would be attracted to the console.

(Nov. 17, 2008  10:16 PM)SK Wrote: well they are generally acknowledged as the better option for shooters, by most people. the fact that 360/ps3 has alot more quality shooters than wii just confirms that, especially considering the wii and ps3 have been out for around the same amount of time

oh and im pretty sure the only reason treyarch made a wii version was so they could earn more money? sorta like how they also made a ps2 and a ds version

That is a good argument. You could also say that a lot of developers are too cautious when it comes to the Wii as well, which could be a reason why the Wii does not have as many FPS games. The standard controller/mouse and keyboard configurations for FPS games have been around much longer than the Wii Remote+Nunchuk configuration.

If any of those were just to make money, they would probably be bad games. However, this is not the case, as the Wii version of CoD: WaW has been received well by critics (high 80's average on GameRankings).
brandonkei129
(Nov. 17, 2008  11:41 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: brandonkei129

Serious

Hey, at least I try to legitimately back up my statements.
(Nov. 17, 2008  10:48 PM)SK Wrote:

if you havent noticed, this thread is about a wii fps vs a pc fps

not about "original games"

Yet when someone talks carp about the Wii because "it doesn't have enough fps games" I'm not allowed to say anything? >.>

All I've tried to say is that the mouse and keyboard controls seem to be more efficient than the wii controls.
(Nov. 17, 2008  1:28 PM)pegasis Wrote: so guys no 1 answered me,is the pc game worth spending my money on it?

I havent played world at war,
but I do know If you want to get the most for your money try to find "the Orange Box" from valve. Half-life is absolutly awsome and there is a lot of playtime with three episodes + portal and team fortress.

(Nov. 17, 2008  11:41 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: brandonkei129

lol
(Nov. 17, 2008  9:46 PM)Roan Wrote:

The only people you can blame for the amount of FPS's on the Wii are the developers themselves. It has been proven that the genre can work well on the system (putting aside all personal preferences, of course), so there is no reason for developers to not want to put out FPS games on the Wii.

You could also blame the core audience of the Wii. Most people buying Wii are not interested in FPS games whatsoever.
i dont think so!? check this out
http://www.petitiononline.com/WiiRes5/petition.html
(Nov. 17, 2008  5:52 PM)pegasis Wrote: SK r u getting it?
i already have it on ps3
but if i didnt have a ps3, and had a good enough pc to run it, i would

also @ the above post: 50 000 people is not a core audience, the wii has sold almost 25 million units..
(Nov. 18, 2008  2:51 PM)pegasis Wrote:

LOL

When will people learn that online petitions are worthless?
(Nov. 18, 2008  9:35 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Nov. 18, 2008  2:51 PM)pegasis Wrote:

LOL

When will people learn that online petitions are worthless?

Exactly, remember all those FFXIII ones saying Square should keep it exclusive or they will not support Square anymore, because, you know, I do...
Not that I think it will work, but 50000 signatures for an online petition is pretty impressive imo
(Nov. 19, 2008  4:18 AM)Kei Wrote: Not that I think it will work, but 50000 signatures for an online petition is pretty impressive imo

Given the massive user base Wii has, that's not really impressive at all.
50029. Emilio Alan Hernández García
50028. Emilio Alan Hernández García
50027. Emilio Alan Hernández García

hmm yes this petition seems trustworthy
(Nov. 19, 2008  4:29 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: 50029. Emilio Alan Hernández García
50028. Emilio Alan Hernández García
50027. Emilio Alan Hernández García

hmm yes this petition seems trustworthy

Ha, didn't even notice that.