cartoon or anime

wich do you think is better anime or cartoon?

I like anime better.(bleach)(漂白剤)
That´s a really good question. I think that cartoon has some good stories and the anime has other good stories. But I prefer anime
Seriously, this is like saying Limes are quite sour and Lemons are slightly less sour. Anime is only a term for Japanese animation. Quality of animation varies from region to region, but why group all other styles and compare them to a term who's only purpose is to identify a specific style?
(Apr. 06, 2010  7:11 AM)The LVJ Wrote: Seriously, this is like saying Limes are quite sour and Lemons are slightly less sour. Anime is only a term for Japanese animation. Quality of animation varies from region to region, but why group all other styles and compare them to a term who's only purpose is to identify a specific style?
agreed.....some animes suck and some cartoons suck ....in japan anime is cartoons ....just with a different name
anime and cartoons are the same thing except anime is cartoons from japan T_T
I meant, which of the 2 has better story lines.
(Apr. 11, 2010  12:17 AM)DarkBlader1 Wrote: I meant, which of the 2 has better story lines.

*facepalm*

Weeaboo thought processes never cease to amaze me.

You're asking us, between the two styles of animation, which one has the better storyline?
They're styles. Each show of each style has their own whatever themes and stories. lol
American animation usually has more, well animation, and that's a fact.
i havent watch much of the newer american animation but from what ive seen of it,its pretty low quality compared to the animes ive been watching.Story line is all depending on what you find intresting
It's not fair to deem cartoons as strictly American animation. There have been many great Canadian and European cartoon shows.
Anime is better because its more creative.
(Apr. 11, 2010  4:47 PM)Beyunit-DL Wrote: Anime is better because its more creative.

Wut!? get out We're talking about cartoons here, where anything is possible. More creative?!!!
(Apr. 11, 2010  4:47 PM)Beyunit-DL Wrote: Anime is better because its more creative.

Anime has devolved into one of, if not THE MOST derivative, cliche mediums on Earth.
Anime hands down
(Apr. 11, 2010  6:09 PM)Roan Wrote: Anime has devolved into one of, if not THE MOST derivative, cliche mediums on Earth.

its exactly the same things with most western cartoons theyre so predictable these days and there standerd for animation are terrible
I have to say anime. I mean like as much as I like spongebob (yeah thats right Joyful_3) I like anime better for example full metal alchemist is better than oh I dont know umm.. batman (my sister loves batman thats how I know so don't ask) and of course beyblade tops all shows lol.
(Apr. 12, 2010  1:03 AM)Dirge Wrote: its exactly the same things with most western cartoons theyre so predictable these days and there standerd for animation are terrible

hahahahah

coming from a massive gundam seed / destiny fanboy

not taking jabs, but this argument is so so flawed
yeah anime has way better storylines than non-japanese cartoons. that's why pokemon has a way better plot than avatar: the last airbender right
(Apr. 12, 2010  3:08 AM)♥ Wrote: hahahahah

Sorry bro, but
Iceburn
LOL.
(Apr. 12, 2010  3:08 AM)♥ Wrote: hahahahah

haha yeah im a gundam seed fanboy Pinching_eyes

But still compare plotline from something like chowder to tmnt from the 90's its pretty horrible and so is the animation quailty.Also i dont realy agree with the whole anime is better then cartoons thing,considering alot of animes are actully infulenced from older cartoon.

also plotline all depends on the series,would i rather watch avatar with a pretty intresting storyline or fafner something thats pretty much without a stroyline.
(Apr. 12, 2010  4:10 AM)Dirge Wrote: haha yeah im a gundam seed fanboy Pinching_eyes

But still compare plotline from something like chowder to tmnt from the 90's its pretty horrible and so is the animation quailty.Also i dont realy agree with the whole anime is better then cartoons thing,considering alot of animes are actully infulenced from older cartoon.

also plotline all depends on the series,would i rather watch avatar with a pretty intresting storyline or fafner something thats pretty much without a stroyline.

First of all, Chowder is amazing! Its animation style is so unique and revolutionary. And the first Ninja Turtles series was GREAT! And the animation was poor? It was freakin' 1987 for Pete's sake! You know what came out in '87? Devilman! The carp looking anime ever.
(Apr. 12, 2010  4:38 AM)NAP Wrote: First of all, Chowder is amazing! Its animation style is so unique and revolutionary. And the first Ninja Turtles series was GREAT! And the animation was poor? It was freakin' 1987 for Pete's sake! You know what came out in '87? Devilman! The carp looking anime ever.

no tmnt has good animation.even the moden versions are decent.
Chowder is horrible well thats my opion on it,which is what im saying it all comes down to what kinda of stuff you like.

you can not compare anime to cartoons based on plot.
Anime is better. The detail, and animation is SO much better ^w^
(Apr. 12, 2010  4:42 AM)Original_BB_4ev Wrote: Anime is better. The detail, and animation is SO much better ^w^

you can compare anime and cartoons as a whole,avatar the last air bender has better animation then naruto.
From a technical standpoint, Japanese animation is pretty bad. With the sole exceptions being things like Ghilbi films, the amount of frames per second is considerabley less than what you'd see in American animation. Don't quote me on this, but I think the average frames per second in Japanese shows are 8-12, with US shows going for 18-24+, the theatrical 2D Disney films go 60 frames per second, and that might be the same for Ghilbi. Which is why you see all those pans and zooms in Japanese shows. As an attempt to offset that, they often put a lot of detail into those frames and try to keep characters on model. But shows like Bakugan tell me that's not always the case. It gets even worse when you start looking at the long running weekly series like Naruto, and Bleach.

I only speak of the technical side, because that's where there is really big differences between the two. Both Japan and America produce a lot of carp, with a few standouts in terms of story quality. Japan's producing less and less animation each year, so perception shifts. American shows get to more eyeballs, so perception shifts.

Fun thing here is, that most animation from America, and Japan is actually done in Korea or Singapore.