blink-182

I know a lot of you on this forum probably don't care for them, but they are one of my favorites. They announced a few minutes ago that they are getting back together after 3 years. I'm pretty stoked about this
Yeah I just heard about that too on the Grammy's and I also heard that they're currently working on a new album.
literally the worst mainstream band of the past decade
Are they really getting back together? It seems to me like their only presenting at the grammeys and that started a heap of rumors that there getting back together.
(Feb. 09, 2009  3:31 AM)Maz Wrote: Are they really getting back together? It seems to me like their only presenting at the grammeys and that started a heap of rumors that there getting back together.

they're only getting back together to present
Thats what i thought.
Blink-182 is a joke band plain and simple and if anyone thinks otherwise they are sadly mistaken.
uh i'm honestly happy.
and dont really care if this thread gets 1000 negative comments.
they were to be presenting an award together on stage so people mistook that as blink is back together.
however while they were on stage they announced they were back together as a band.
Oh carp really? There gonna have a big payday when a new album comes out.
I could never hate them - they were a part of my childhood and they're great fun to sing along to with friends. Still, theres that one guy who's voice just cracks me up - aspecially when they're trying to do a sadder song. I can't remember which one he is but his voice as maybe even as hilarious as Billy Talent. XD
Brad, I really don't care about how you think are "terrible". Yes, most of the verse parts on guitar are very simple; but even Jason Bucklin (one of the best jazz guitarists ever) thinks that Tom is actually very good at guitar. Unlike most pop punk bands (We The Kings, All Time Low, Forever the Sickest Kids, Etc) Tom uses triads, and actually has interesting guitar parts.

I'm very, very excited about the new album. From the official site, they say that their picking up where they left off. I'm not sure if that means going to back to punk roots (Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch) or staying with the new sound from the last album. Considering Tom thinks that he's too mature for punk, I think it will be that new techno/ambient/alternative sound we had on the last album.

Also, did anyone notice how awkward Tom looked?

Also to Roan, they're mainstream stuff (Enema of the State and TOYPAJ) was joke stuff. If you listen to Dude Ranch, it's like 75% serious, and 25% joking. The last album was a totally different sound
I believe it's that 75% of serious songs which I found hilarious. They're cute but the voice just spoils it. XD
it's just for money.

all about the benjamins
(Feb. 09, 2009  8:53 PM)Rocky Wrote: I believe it's that 75% of serious songs which I found hilarious. They're cute but the voice just spoils it. XD

That's the only downside to Blink, Tom's voice is fake. Listen to their older stuff, and you'll hear his real voice.

To Baronrana, it's not really about the money...but more the studio pressuring them. Tom has more than enough money from AVA, and Tom is set right now from selling his stocks in Atticus and Macbeth. I think after Travis' plane crash the studio pressured the band to get back together. I mean, look at Tom during the Grammys..he didn't look to happy.
Any particular song? I don't really which albums the songs I have are from because all my files are from a compilation CD my cousin made or from my friend. So it's all random. ^^;
I'm Sorry (Dude Ranch), Carousel (Chesire Cat/Buddah), Rome and Rebecca (Buddah), and Degenerate (Dude Ranch) all have Tom's vocals without autotune on it.
Hmm.....I have some from those albums but not those particular ones. I'll check them out later. Smile
(Feb. 09, 2009  9:11 PM)Baronrana Wrote: it's just for money.

all about the benjamins

This.
(Feb. 09, 2009  3:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: literally the worst mainstream band of the past decade

nope.
[Image: nickelback.jpg]

And yeah, I don't get all the blink hate. They've always been a pop group, and they've always wrote great catchy pop-punk songs. Al least they don't go around lying about it like your green days or mcrs.
yeah i'm not going to defend them as being a good band.
but i like them.
Smile
Ok I should make myself clear here.

I'm not necessarily hating on blink-182. As Michael said they are a pop group who have always written that style of music and they do it well. What I'm getting at is that I find it disgusting that the band is placed on such a high pedestal among its fans -- they act as if blink-182 are the greatest band ever or like they're some driving, innovative force in the music industry. News flash: they aren't.

When I said earlier that they are the biggest joke band ever, I meant that quite literally -- I don't think their music was written to be taken seriously. Most of their lyrics are intentionally humorous, and I think the music was written to coincide with that sort of tongue-in-cheek humor. The fact that so many people worship them as this amazing band disturbs me.

Having said that, I own their last CD before the break-up. Its not bad by any means but it clearly proves that without that humorous slant to their music the band is sort of lost -- the album is all over the place. I think Tom was right in saying that he's too mature for punk; he has ambitious ideals he wants to pursue in a serious musical effort and I don't think blink-182 will ever provide him that avenue of expression because the fans are ultimately going to demand that they contain themselves to a certain style.
they are a realy good band i love the song first date
Not gonna lie, I grew up listening to Blink as a kid and I liked them a lot then. They had some catchy songs that I will always like (What's My age Again etc.). About the new album, I am sort of indifferent. Not excited nor aggravated; I shall judge after I listen to it.
Fair enough Roan, opinions are opinions. I do agree how their earlier stuff was written mainly as joke songs; but they had serious songs here and there. I disagree on the last album, I think it was amazingly put together