black friday discusion

Just a thread to describe what will you do on black friday? Gonna stay in a tent or come late? It's right around the corner so desribe what you'll do! Grin
Me my 2 cousins, my girlfriend, my mom, and my two aunts we all go to Boscovs for their free giftcards, we leave about midnight, and stand in line for 5 hours (because they give liek $500 giftcards but only a short amount) so we're usually the first in line. Its so much fun I can't wait lol

The Mannequins on the inside of the store usually are in awkward poses so we copy the poses.

If we're allowed pictures on the forums I'll Post some Smile
(Nov. 22, 2010  1:31 AM)iBslick Wrote: Me my 2 cousins, my girlfriend, my mom, and my two aunts we all go to Boscovs for their free giftcards, we leave about midnight, and stand in line for 5 hours (because they give liek $500 giftcards but only a short amount) so we're usually the first in line. Its so much fun I can't wait lol

The Mannequins on the inside of the store usually are in awkward poses so we copy the poses.

If we're allowed pictures on the forums I'll Post some Smile

awsome! hope no one gets trampled XD
Beys , supplies for my inventions , love etc. (buying)

One of my favorite days.
(Nov. 22, 2010  1:56 AM)Black-Blade Wrote: Beys , supplies for my inventions , love etc. (buying)

One of my favorite days.

hah awsome Grin hope no one beets you to it as I usually am Unhappy
(Nov. 22, 2010  1:58 AM)tman14 Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2010  1:56 AM)Black-Blade Wrote: Beys , supplies for my inventions , love etc. (buying)

One of my favorite days.

Meh , no one likes Beyblade near my local area. So I'll propably be lucky. But the supplies are a must.
(Nov. 22, 2010  2:03 AM)Black-Blade Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2010  1:58 AM)tman14 Wrote:

One of my favorite days.

Meh , no one likes Beyblade near my local area. So I'll propably be lucky. But the supplies are a must.

yeah what I'm hopeing for is that they restock on that day in Louisiana we still haven't gotten thermal pisces, burn peonix, poison serpent and a ton of other things reguardless of where I look Unhappy but if they have them I'll buy them all Grin
Yeah can't wait for black friday.

My girlfriend has bandaids for if anyone gets trampled on Haha XD
I hope to get a few things I want for my birthday. Probably leave early in the morning but knowing me, that's impossible. I just want to go to a Gamestop that's NOT packed(like this one year where the Gamestop I normally go to was so packed that anyone could hardly move in the store) & buy Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. Knowing my luck & the fact that it's going to be Black Friday, I won't find it. I also want to get Stomp the Yard Homecoming on DVD although I heard it was bad. Oh, & this ice cream cake I saw in the store with a Turkey on it xD I want pastels too...but, who knows?
(Nov. 22, 2010  4:30 AM)Itachi Wrote: I hope to get a few things I want for my birthday. Probably leave early in the morning but knowing me, that's impossible. I just want to go to a Gamestop that's NOT packed(like this one year where the Gamestop I normally go to was so packed that anyone could hardly move in the store) & buy Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. Knowing my luck & the fact that it's going to be Black Friday, I won't find it. I also want to get Stomp the Yard Homecoming on DVD although I heard it was bad. Oh, & this ice cream cake I saw in the store with a Turkey on it xD I want pastels too...but, who knows?

Pre-order it like 2 days before so you can make sure you get it.
I never understood Black Friday.

"Let's stand outside for hours to mostly buy stuff from overly crowded stores we can totally live without"
(Nov. 22, 2010  6:50 AM)Khel Wrote: I never understood Black Friday.

"Let's stand outside for hours to mostly buy stuff from overly crowded stores we can totally live without"

Wha?!?!?!??! what if they had beys for like $3 or some cool special deal Gasp then you wouldn't do it? I am praying my stores restock on black friday or else I'll never get thermal pisces, burn pheonix, poison serpent and earth virgo, me and my cousin have been saving for this day and WE WANT STUFF!!!! XD lol
Black Fridays my b-day,so I'm gonna beyblade with three new blades,probably go to the store and buy some stuff,and eat my thanksgiving dinner (the rest of my family is going somewhere on actual thanksgiving and we have to have the dinner that day)
(Nov. 22, 2010  4:20 PM)stormaries8862 Wrote: Black Fridays my b-day,so I'm gonna beyblade with three new blades,probably go to the store and buy some stuff,and eat my thanksgiving dinner (the rest of my family is going somewhere on actual thanksgiving and we have to have the dinner that day)

dude soo lucky, all that birthday money on the best day to spend it Gasp I just hope the stores think beyblades are important enough to put on sale
(Nov. 22, 2010  4:16 PM)tman14 Wrote:

Wha?!?!?!??! what if they had beys for like $3 or some cool special deal Gasp then you wouldn't do it? I am praying my stores restock on black friday or else I'll never get thermal pisces, burn pheonix, poison serpent and earth virgo, me and my cousin have been saving for this day and WE WANT STUFF!!!! XD lol
Khel most likely has all this stuff

No consumer good I can think of is worth waiting 6+hours in line for, and which I subsequently have to maneuver through hoards of people. Especially since a majority of the goods being sold on discount will be obsolete in a few months. However I guess I'm fortunate since I'm currently in a relatively stable financial position. I can live without a new Flat-Screen T.V, latest camera etc. I'd rather spend the holidays with people I care about.

Something I've always wondered is if people ever look at the stuff they buy on these Black Friday sales and think 'If I didn't buy this would my life be the same and satisfactory?'. I wouldn't be shocked if for many of these things people say yes. If we eliminated a few of the things we buy solely because 'they're on sale' I'm sure many more of us would be in better off financially.

I don't mean to insult anyone who enjoys them, but it's always been something that perplexed me. Rant over.

EDIT: And to Moss's point, LOL. My bey collection has been slowly dropping. Plan is to sell pretty much all of it. Don't play with them anymore, and life's other expenses (hobbies, school, nightlife etc) take priority.
Uh, do any of you know what Black Saturday is?
This is not a joke, just want to see if many Non-Australians do.
(Nov. 24, 2010  4:05 AM)Khel Wrote:

No consumer good I can think of is worth waiting 6+hours in line for, and which I subsequently have to maneuver through hoards of people. Especially since a majority of the goods being sold on discount will be obsolete in a few months. However I guess I'm fortunate since I'm currently in a relatively stable financial position. I can live without a new Flat-Screen T.V, latest camera etc. I'd rather spend the holidays with people I care about.

Something I've always wondered is if people ever look at the stuff they buy on these Black Friday sales and think 'If I didn't buy this would my life be the same and satisfactory?'. I wouldn't be shocked if for many of these things people say yes. If we eliminated a few of the things we buy solely because 'they're on sale' I'm sure many more of us would be in better off financially.

I don't mean to insult anyone who enjoys them, but it's always been something that perplexed me. Rant over.

EDIT: And to Moss's point, LOL. My bey collection has been slowly dropping. Plan is to sell pretty much all of it. Don't play with them anymore, and life's other expenses (hobbies, school, nightlife etc) take priority.

your right, I wouldn't wait 6+ hours for something like call of duty black ops but it is never bad to get something when it is at its cheapest Speechless I could buy those 4 beys but I'd rather wait until friday so I can getthem for cheap but by the way it looks so far they aren't putting beys or battle strikers on sale, or at least in the walmart ad Crying but I hope to see good in the target or TRU circular Eee
Last year I did it for the laptops.
This year I want to do it for the experience.
Here, people aren't so pushy to get the goods on the day...but they still get to the point of running inside the store.

Last year, all of my friends and I did it, and we had a blast. I guess the fact that we had each other was why it was so fun.
gonna go get me that Lightning L drago ive been eyeing, plan to wait in line for it too. if someone grabs it im busting a skull ;D
Please don't Unhappy
(Nov. 24, 2010  8:02 AM)sk8nblade Wrote: gonna go get me that Lightning L drago ive been eyeing, plan to wait in line for it too. if someone grabs it im busting a skull ;D

your walmart or whatever doesn't have many LLdragos?!?!?!? ours had multiples of LLdrago, killer geminos and earth aquila but since they don't restock, those are all gone but at least I got all of them Grin
Does the Black Friday sale really include toys though? I thought it was meant for mainly electronics, home appliances, and clothes. Maybe not even clothes.
(Nov. 24, 2010  5:12 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Does the Black Friday sale really include toys though? I thought it was meant for mainly electronics, home appliances, and clothes. Maybe not even clothes.

yes they do, I just checked targets ad no beys Crying but I was looking around for TRU and I saw the battle strikers tournament set for only $10 *gasp* and says free shipping so I'm still on the fence if I should buy it or wait till black friday Speechless
guys, the TRU cirrcular says that they are doin 2 beys for $10 Grin hurry to your stores!!!!!!