beyblade burst, need ideas for what to buy.

looking for good parts or builds to pick up for tournament play. i have absolutely no idea what i am doing when it comes to this hobby. Where is a good start for this stuff? i am just looking fro a few things and any help would be wonderful.

beyblade burst format top 3 stock buys
1-
2-
3-

additional parts i should pick up.

i am sorry for being a scrub but my nephew is really getting into this and i want to help the kids do well. being a "retired" magic player, i know how it may be when it comes to a hobby you like. i want to give the kid an advantage if i can....also, i kind of like this game and i am always up for top tier in anything i do.  @_@
I'm also new. I found there was a lot of good reads in Burst Customizations, the dedicated Burst area of the forum.

The first thing you have to decide is what brand you will buy (or at least focus on). Takara-Tomy and Hasbro are the two big guys, but the parts are mostly not compatible (leading to damaged parts and not allowed to mix for tournaments anyway). They are designed differently, too.

Some prefer TT, others prefer Hasbro. There's a debate over some things, but there is an agreement that some parts are clearly done better by TT and some parts are clearly done better by Hasbro. Many seem to favor TT in general on the competitive side, though.
TT ones are definitely better and depending on where you are, easier to get hold of online than the Hasbro ones in store, even if Hasbro is meant to be main brand on sale where you are. Hasbro ones don't have the click positions on the top layer, probably in order to make the burst more easily compared to the TT ones. But don't worry about that, just get whatever you can, mix of both, but don't mix TT and Hasbro parts up.
If you are interested in going a TT route, the usual recommended way to start is getting the God Customize Set (B-98). This comes with 4 Beyblades, with a number of these parts being highly recommended for the collections of competitive bladers.

The God Layer System (known as Switchstrike by Hasbro) is the current latest release. Only some parts from the previous Burst gen are still considered competitive against the new God Layer parts.

TT is further ahead than Hasbro, so there are more to choose from. (Though Hasbro does have some exclusives.) The new gen we're calling Super Z at the moment (Chouzetsu in Japanese) was supposed to start coming out this month, though it may be delayed it looks like. But if keeping up on the latest from Japan is important and/or you want more options, then TT is for-sure the way to go.

(Mar. 02, 2018  1:18 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: Hasbro ones don't have the click positions on the top layer, probably in order to make the burst more easily compared to the TT ones.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's one of three reasons. They thought it would be easier to make, they thought it'd last longer (teeth wearing and all), or they simply wanted the parts to be incompatible on purpose. Could be a mix of them.

I've seen it argued that the slope is better than the teeth, but in the least, I seem to see an agreement that the slope is sometimes better than the teeth TT decided to go with for a particular bey. But I can't speak for it, but that's what I've gathered in reading around.

Honestly, the one thing that won me over for TT was that I can get the latest beys. I want that Super Z, haha! Totally beautiful.
beys and layers to start with:
b-98 (many many strong parts)
b-100 (versatile layer, heaviest disc)
b-97 (strong left spin attack layer, dominant driver)
b-92 (strong right spin attack layer)
random layer vol. 8. - maximum garuda (high stamina layer that can beat attack beys)

favorite recommended parts:
atomic driver
orbit driver
revolve driver
xtreme driver
destroy driver
hunter driver
weight driver
bearing driver
yielding driver (for fun)
0/4/7 discs
polish disc
glave frame
bump frame
cross frame
meteor frame

other recommendations:
b-88 LR String Launcher

case and insert foam-
https://www.sra-cases.com/a036-silver-al...x-2-5.html

i have my daughter’s case set up to hold a launcher, but it can be configured however you want:
[Image: t8U0oJr.jpg]
TT sticker applied

[Image: 5yh68X7.jpg]
light setup for tournaments, but could easily fit 16 beys or more.  there are larger SRA cases available as well. 

(thanks to kei for the SRA case recommendation)

fwiw, i use a stanley 25 compartment organizer for storage at home:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-25-C.../203707065
You guys are awesome, thank yo so much. Now my wife is going to tell at me for how much I am about to spend. Hahahahaha
1. Nightmare Longinus
2. Spriggan Requiem
3. Screw Trident

Additional Parts: Xtreme, Atomic, Revolve and Heavy (if you haven't already), and go for Random Booster prizes if you have the money
i'm new but i've been blading for a long time and i have a good combo. it's original tough.
(Mar. 07, 2018  5:09 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: 1. Nightmare Longinus
2. Spriggan Requiem
3. Screw Trident

Additional Parts: Xtreme, Atomic, Revolve and Heavy (if you haven't already), and go for Random Booster prizes if you have the money

i do just, my wife would kill me kind of thing.....
i wish that was a joke.
(Mar. 08, 2018  4:33 PM)shochbaum Wrote:
2. Spriggan Requiem
3. Screw Trident

i wish that was a joke.
Xtreme is a good driver, however you could just go with Odax O2 tripple xtreme
Which could help you advance to advanced beyblading faster with very good parts(tripple and xtreme) and will help you get very competitive
(Mar. 08, 2018  4:33 PM)shochbaum Wrote:
2. Spriggan Requiem
3. Screw Trident

i wish that was a joke.

OOF