bey teams

Team England/UK! Grin

This is just like the other 'teams' thread, I prefered that one though.
Me and a friend used to play beyblade together, we were never a team though.
The UK's betrayed me a bit in that respect..
I'll just have to move to France, I'll be my own team!
We'll have baguettes, and talk about Sartre, while drinking wine and practicing the sliding shoot..
Which is damn near impossible with a beylauncher.
Serious? If so try and get some French bladers interested.
EDIT: YES I KNOW I CAN NOT READ.
Ugh, my eyes suck.
I literally have no idea what's going on here. So Giga, if you're saying that because you couldn't read it properly (as opposed to, you've actually hurt your eyes) then I'm totally behind you. Can't get my head round it. Chocked
Yeah that's what I meant. It's just hypothetical. As in if he was moving to France he could be in a team.
I didn't mean just your post. I get that now. I meant the whole thing. As in how did France come into this? Etc. It doesn't matter though. I guess I'm just having a ditzy moment. ^^;
lol if you cant make a team for one country just go to another one lol that doesnt show much loyalty.
honestly the idea could work cause in like yugioh naruto and all of those card games they have teams but they dont play together they just share cards and help each other out and they would also get a team reputation for being a good team but also have indvidual rankings so i think you could do the same with beyblades and also their might be a way for two v2 match in beyblade but it would take a lot of stratagy and probably will not work but if you really try at it you may be able to get one good 2v2 battle out of 100
there are still "teams" out there, and the last post was over a year old.

The more people who are playing, the lower the level of skill involved, and more luck involved.

Also, individual rankings are provided through the beypoints system.
Teams = Animu My Life Is So Kawaii~~~

Real Life = 1 vs 1 Epic Showdown
yeah ur right abut the year ago thing usually i look at that kind of stuff and i know about the beypoint system thats what i ment when i said they should have team rankings that combine all of the teams members ranking and also have the individual one witch is the beypoints
you never know if mfb takes of then im sure thel be an offical ranking system
(Jun. 23, 2010  4:26 PM)MaxL Wrote: Teams = Animu My Life Is So Kawaii~~~

yes. When it involves more than two people, it stops being an "epic showdown" full of drama, into an "animu" wannabe "kawaii" fest. Perhaps those in teams may vs one another in a series of 1 v 1 matches.
(Jun. 23, 2010  10:58 PM)momiji manju Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2010  4:26 PM)MaxL Wrote: Teams = Animu My Life Is So Kawaii~~~

yes. When it involves more than two people, it stops being an "epic showdown" full of drama, into an "animu" wannabe "kawaii" fest. Perhaps those in teams may vs one another in a series of 1 v 1 matches.

... I was being sarcastic.

Honestly team battles make no sense in a game where you can't really co-operate. Multiplayer battles are fine, like battle royales are fun. But you can't really work in a team when you can't control what you are doing...
i take back what i said before i tried a 2v2 match it was an epic failure and a beyblade bounced up and hit me in the face when i tried it Unhappy
That happens a lot, don't lean over the stadium.
Too bad it didn't hit you in the temple and take away your ability to type.
If we were to incorporate teams it would be like in G-Revolution per say, I believe it would be better to do 1v1 and whoever wins 2 wins the match if there has to be a third match then the winner of the second match and first match face off. Also Team Ontario anyone? xD
I hate to disagree with basically everyone here and I hate participating in a topic that was revived for nothing even more, but I have to say a big thing that drew me into beyblading in the first place was the concept of a team and playing with people I trusted.

It's what season 1 was all about and that's what really got me started. Seeing people of different style and areas coming together for the love of the "sport". I totally disagree with the best of 5 format it's too large and too many things can go wrong with a pool that size.

Most of the battles in season 1 were actually 1 V.s. 1 and the TEAM that took the best of 3 won the match. However in the final matches of tournaments it was the best of 3 for each player of the team. I think if there were teams again and they played like they did through most of the tournament with teams of 3 and whoever took 2 out of 3 sets won the match. That it could really be a lot of fun.
How can you say that the best of 5 INCREASES the chance of something going wrong? Why do people perform tests with high repeatability? To increase reliability. Not to detract from it.
about 4/5 years ago i was in a team of 6 with my friends, we got the idea from the anime because we really liked beyblading, anyway the team broke up because a member of the team caused beyblades to be banned at school (he launced a beyblade at a girl), soon after beyblades died down and i cant even find my box of old beyblades, im gunna get new MBF beyblades very soon and i may get alot of people disagreeing with me for this

but teams are great ideas

why? because its for fun...sure you cant help out team mates much actually in battle and everything isnt like in the anime, but the team thing is good because you can do so many things solo beybladers cant

team wars where the entire team battles eachother (in an offical stadium, a big bowl shaped thing or on the ground, what ever worked)
you can teach eachother new launch stratagys and practice together, maby even new combo ideas that you wouldnt want to share with anyone else. and if someone actually masters the sliding shoot and everyone else masters a different launch all the better for devising some sort of statagy, someone posted something earlier about if using 1 "type" the opponant can easily counter it, that is true, thats why you can maby have lots of different types of beyblades between you or something like that

thats what i feel the advantage of teams are, the whole point is fun, but you can co-orporate before a battle to make good combos between you or decide which shoots would be good, i mean what is this forum really, its like a big team, because everyone else is disgusing things like what i said about, i like the idea about worldwide teams aswell where countrys face eachother. i agree now in england and america there arent enough beybladers to form a team as MBF dosent come out till the 1st of august (apprently) but when MBF does come out, the amount of beyblades will increase to a point where forming a team would be possible.

i also saw in this thread something about how if someone screws up the whole team is screwed over, and that it could work like it did in the anime, where 1 member of a team battles and wins a point per victory then another member and so on and i aggree with the anime style thing.

infact i plan to make a team again 1 day for everything i said above
Hmm, i see where you're coming from, but there aren't that many launching strategies. There's the sliding shoot, the gattyaki and the waterfall, the last of which nobody could master. That effectively only leaves 2 (albeit hard) styles of launch to master. Also, if I'm not mistaken you can customise your beyblade inbetween rounds. I like the idea of having battles where you decide the order your team will battle in before the match starts. It adds some extra strategy =P
(Jun. 26, 2010  11:51 AM)momiji manju Wrote: Hmm, i see where you're coming from, but there aren't that many launching strategies. There's the sliding shoot, the gattyaki and the waterfall, the last of which nobody could master. That effectively only leaves 2 (albeit hard) styles of launch to master. Also, if I'm not mistaken you can customise your beyblade inbetween rounds. I like the idea of having battles where you decide the order your team will battle in before the match starts. It adds some extra strategy =P

dont forget about all the launches used with the plastic series (though you would have to use the right launcher), also if im not mistaken it isnt against the rules to launch in a different way so aslong as the beyblade is launched after the word 'rip' or 'shoot' is said

(i never heard of the gattyaki or the waterfall, the waterfall i would imagin be a variation on the full force launce where you move your beyblade downwards during the launch)

as for customizations i wasnt aware that you could customize between rounds (i assume by rounds you mean each indervidual battle, if you meant the whole best of 3/5 match though then i already knew this)

the great thing about the style of match where members of a team would take it in turns to battle (weather in an order chosen by the team before the match or depending on the situation) is that if one team mate loses it could be set up in such a way that nobody loses point (im not sure how the points thing works but id imagine it wouldnt cause anyone else to lose)

i do see your concerns about how teams may not work. but i still feel that forming a team has its benifits as does soloing. everyone does battle in diffent ways as everyone thinks differently